possible jumper clash for GF?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Honestly if someone told me today that St Kilda will win the Grand Final in the clash strip against Collingwood I would be over the moon. It would STILL be the greatest day of my life regardless of what strip we wear.

I could care less if we wore a pink jumper with the word "bitchboys" printed on the front in orange as long as we win the bloody thing

.........well I might not go THAT far but as long as we Roo and Ross are holing that cup aloft I would be a happy camper

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintly
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:
Badlands wrote:seriously, can we worry about these kinds of issues in 6 weeks time?
Good to be confident but let's not just 'assume' we'll be there on GF day. lot of water to pass under the bridge between now and then.
well said , keep the lid on tight !
hey goldenhawk

did you? and by the way how did it feel going into the finals? confident? concerned? and how about the grand final?
Last edited by saintly on Thu 13 Aug 2009 11:54am, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

What about next year's GF?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

there better not be any swapping of jumpers

get farked.
id keep my premiership jumper not give it too some pies player

bozza1980
Club Player

Re: possible jumper clash for GF?

saintdooley wrote:say we end up playing the Pies in the GF. the AFL will not let us get away in the home jumper and black shorts, along with them. someone will have to wear their clash wont they? the AFL treats collingwood like they are God, if we had to wear the clash would people be happy?
If last years finals are anything to go by, a St Kilda v Collingwood Grand Final would see them playing in a white jumper with black stripes and white shorts. A bit like 1966.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Saint_Gooner wrote:Awesome good to see I know a bit of history haha
If you know your history, it's enough to make your heart go.......

Sorry; wrong, club, wrong sport :wink:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Finishing on top we get the choice, surly we would not give in to the afl or eddiewood

I love this club
jay young
Club Player

the best jumper we ever had was the big shield design we wore in the 90s it didnt clash with anyone

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:the best jumper we ever had was the big shield design we wore in the 90s it didnt clash with anyone
Sorry Jat, but i reckon thats our worst, and I want to see Roo holding the cup with our traditional jumper on. I know it was what the did in the 60`s but it still irks me to see the Doc in that eddiewood jumper holding our only cup

I love this club
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:There should be no clash jumpers used anytime, ever but should the AFL decree, this should be decided by who finished higher after 22 rounds, not by a coin toss!

Imagine finishing with 8 more wins after the home and away season than your Grand Final opponent and then being forced to wear a clash jumper.

That would be total bollocks!
ONE WEEK AT A TIME!!!!!

FAIR DINKUM!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
ONE WEEK AT A TIME!!!!!

FAIR DINKUM!
Agree, your most intelligent post to date! :wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

STILLWAITING wrote:
jay young wrote:the best jumper we ever had was the big shield design we wore in the 90s it didnt clash with anyone
Sorry Jat, but i reckon thats our worst, and I want to see Roo holding the cup with our traditional jumper on. I know it was what the did in the 60`s but it still irks me to see the Doc in that eddiewood jumper holding our only cup
Definately the best alternative strip...we looked like Crusaders!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
STILLWAITING wrote:
Definately the best alternative strip...we looked like Crusaders!

Sorry, will have to aggree to disaggree, bet either way, I want it to be the clubs decision and no one else

I love this club
bozza1980
Club Player

STILLWAITING wrote:Finishing on top we get the choice, surly we would not give in to the afl or eddiewood
No we don't.

However I think for the following two reasons we will wear our tri colour with black shorts and Collingwood white jumper with black stripes and white shorts....

Our home game against Essendon the AFL had both sides wear our away strip as the Bombers clash strip clashed heavily with our home strip, not a fair suggestion but best fit.

More importantly when both sides met in the finals last year they wore white with black stripes and we wore our tri colour

BakesFan
SS Life Member

There is no clash between the Saints home guernsey and the 'Pies traditional gurnsey... The jumper they wore for over 100 years is predominantly white with black stripes and black numbers.. doesn't clash with ours in the least.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

A suggestion for Collingwoods clash jumper. Vertical stripes of Lime Green and Mauve.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood have the best clash jumper in the competition.

It does it's job in avoiding any possible clashes and secondly it looks great whilst remaining true to the history of the club.

Anyone who thinks Collingwood's clash jumper isn't good enough is simply being anti collingwood for it's own sake.

A jumper doesn't need to be radically changed to be a clash jumper, it just has to be predominantly light or predominantly dark, Collingwood have a predominantly light kit and a predominantly dark kit, perfect in my books.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
westy
Club Player

no way, no chance, not on, forget it, don't even think about! We are on the top of the heap and we should wear whatever we want. If that other mob should even make it to the GF they should wear what we tell them to wear. Eddie or no Eddie

I'm livin' in a madhouse
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Collingwood have the best clash jumper in the competition.

It does it's job in avoiding any possible clashes and secondly it looks great whilst remaining true to the history of the club.

Anyone who thinks Collingwood's clash jumper isn't good enough is simply being anti collingwood for it's own sake.

A jumper doesn't need to be radically changed to be a clash jumper, it just has to be predominantly light or predominantly dark, Collingwood have a predominantly light kit and a predominantly dark kit, perfect in my books.
agree.
along with freo. they have turned their clash jumper into their away. (except when they play geelong at skilled)
thats what we did with our candy jumper and i like the idea.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

WORRY ABOUT IT WHEN WE MAKE A GRAND FINAL!!!

If we make the grand final, I couldn't care whether we wore our home or clash top, they both look good.

Also, even though I feel Collingwood is as much a chance to pip the flag as the next top four team, I still think that if we make the GF, we will be playing the Cats. As much as Eddie and the Pie supporters have made vocal that they can beat anybody, they remind me too much of us in '05; albeit, not as many injuries.

That being said, anything can happen in footy and we need to be ready for everyone and everything!

GO SAINTS!!! :D

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
golden hawk
Club Player

saintly wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
Badlands wrote:seriously, can we worry about these kinds of issues in 6 weeks time?
Good to be confident but let's not just 'assume' we'll be there on GF day. lot of water to pass under the bridge between now and then.
well said , keep the lid on tight !
hey goldenhawk

did you? and by the way how did it feel going into the finals? confident? concerned? and how about the grand final?
i took it 1 game at a time was totally excited by the prospect of hopefully getting to the GF i was wary but confident in a way i was scared of thinking yes we will win this game no probs i went to the GF with the attidute we have a 50/50 chance we will either win it or lose it i knew that we could it was if we would that i was worried about , i was even asked to sing the song before the game i said no it might jinx the team i went here kitty kitty kitty that was as cocky as i got all that got on the big screen prior to the game LOL the atmosphere at the GF is totally awesome as i highly recommend getting there at 8 am if not before 8 am and soak it all in it is amazing the people the mmc who have lined up all night [beds etc etc funny to see lol] bbq's in the car park , it is just an amazing site and the feeling is wonderment and amazement that we got there

i wish Harvey had gone 1 more year with you guys to get where you are and have that chance at getting that medal .
i was a great experience that i hope you all get even if you don't get a ticket take a walk around the G that morning before going to where you will be for the viewing of the game fed square then hang around till players turn up after game specially if your guys win .
some many feelings not enough words to tell you all the feelings i had going into the finals let alone the GF

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

is that you golden hawk?

if it is ive seen that photo many times, a picture tells 1000 stories. keep that photo for ever, its a classic!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:I HATE Eddy
:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...i understand....don't agree .....you live here now.....but i understand nonetheless :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Time to wake up, St Kilda could be playing Collingwood in the first week of the finals and Collingwood has not even started to design a clash strip let alone have them made.
Last edited by ace on Thu 13 Aug 2009 10:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

I couldn't care......but.....for the simple fact that it matters to that f**ing wanker called eddie.....i hope they are forced to wear their clash jumper.