Just what we needed...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

marksnsparks
Club Player

Just what we needed...

I was worried our last 3 rounds would be too easy and we'd go to sleep for the finals.

Glad we got the reminder we needed that if we're 2% off our game then anyone in the comp can beat us. We were flat in a way I've not seen since the first half of 2007.

Marcus1232
Club Player

I think a weights been lifted off our shoulders now.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So everyone says, but do you think Roo's shoulders would be feeling lighter right now? IMO this loss was not ideal given the circumstances, however it is done, and we need to move on....

Marcus1232
Club Player

I think i would rather have a loss now than when it matters the most.

although there are negatives there are still positives and improvements there to be made.

I also believe something like this will make roo a better player in my opinion yes he is our captain yes he should of kicked the goal, but whats done is done and i expect he will learn alot and maybe what he needed to learn to take his time and get set.

Its not the end of the world Carn the sainters

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i always thougt this game would be a danger game and a loss was a possibility although we would probably win.....the loss doesn't worry me....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Gurgman
Club Player

stinger wrote:i always thougt this game would be a danger game and a loss was a possibility although we would probably win.....the loss doesn't worry me....
What it does do is show we are a tad top heavy and slow i think as i have said several times

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Fail to understand how a loss can be a good thing.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Nope, definitely not a good thing, but nothing to be hitting the panic buttons over. They were all flat today and making very uncharacteristic errors. Why? I don't know, but if the looks on their faces when they came off the ground were anything to go by, I wouldn't want to be playing them next week! They were furious with themselves and we had seats right near where they came off the ground.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

The midfield got smashed. That's why the Saints lost

Another opportunity awaits!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Not just what we needed, but it happened and we move on.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
suss
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Fail to understand how a loss can be a good thing.
It doesn't seem logical does it but hopfeully it serves as a reminder to the boys that you can't take your foot off the accelerator...not for a minute and not against any team. If any player had that lingering thought, let it be banished forever.

python
Club Player

ultimately, a loss is a loss, and its disappointing, but at least the boys can go back, watch the tape and realise that on any given day, anyone can beat anyone. Make no doubt about it, we are a better side than essendon, but, we in now way deserved to get within 5 goals of them today. We were smashed for two quarters, and i thinkthe lessons we learn from today, especially so close to september will outway the bad. Everyone is 20/20 in hindsight, and i hope and think well be looking back on this and saying, "maybe it was a good thing"

matrix
Saintsational Legend

next

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

hopefully we come out and make a statement next week. a nice 10 goal win would be the appropriate one to show that we are on track,

marksnsparks
Club Player

Just looked at a poster of Jobe Watson on my Essendon supporting (I know, I know!) son's bedroom wall.

"Did you know" it says,"I still sleep with a teddy bear. His name is Ted".

And we let this guy tear our midfield apart? FFS!

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Marcus1232 wrote:I think a weights been lifted off our shoulders now.
There are other ways to lift weight off your shoulders than losing, though. Losing is the easy/soft and probably least enjoyable option.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
StSteven
Club Player

In a famous song the words go "the weight upon your shoulder will make you a stronger man". We must learn to carry the weight if we are going to be a great team.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

marksnsparks wrote:Just looked at a poster of Jobe Watson on my Essendon supporting (I know, I know!) son's bedroom wall.

"Did you know" it says,"I still sleep with a teddy bear. His name is Ted".

And we let this guy tear our midfield apart? FFS!
Did you feel like ripping it off the wall? :D Oh, & please explain how your son came to follow Essendon?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

The guys learned that you need a Plan B to come back from behind. I think that you are only as good as your bottom 8 players. Their bottom 8 were better than ours. It was their GF. The crowd was loud. We were not able to hold our tackles. Our two best tacklers were out.

We were nearly 400 points below our team average on Champion data and nearly 400 points behind Essendon. Normally a team has a big win when there is such a discrepency. Ultimately we still could have won the game. I think we took on a big challenge and nearly pulled it off. Essendon were good, they were very quick and they nailed their set shots for most of the game. Our top 8 were just off and that means that the bottom 8 needed to lift. I am not worried at all about the loss as long we learn and move forward and we will.