It's my fault...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

It's my fault...

...that we lost the game on the weekend.

First one I have not been in town for. Got Monday off and took the missus to Warrnambool on Sunday to go whale watching at Logan Beach.

We checked into the motel and asked if there were any pubs with sports broadcasts. Got directed up the road to a place on the corner, front bar closed, back bar full of pokies. Where to now?

We drove a couple of blocks up to where we could see a Carlton Draught sign and found a place called the Royal Hotel. Walked in and thankfully they had a couple of TVs with Fox Sports on. We also noticed a couple of Saints jumpers framed on the wall, one signed by the team I'm guessing about 8 years ago, the other an original player guernsey from the '70s.

It turns out the owner is one John Bonney...

Another bit of memorabilia on the wall was a Scanlon's cards advert featuring John, some guy called V. Howell and another one called B. Breen.

He wasn't in at the time - we found out he was at an ex-players' lunch in Melbourne. Anyhow, we happily settled in and watched the game with maybe half a dozen other people in the place... a couple of other Saints supporters... a couple of Essendon supporters. God, we're obnoxious. By far the loudest couple there. The yell that came out of me when Kosi nabbed that kick across the 50 by Watson drew chuckles from the people behind me. And thankfully the Essendon supporters enjoyed the win in silence!

Apparently the local back at home was chock full of Bombers fans - the ribbing we would have copped... !

So there you go. It's my fault. I was out of town right when the Saints needed me. Either that, or John Bonney jinxed them by being in town.

But I would never accuse him of that...

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Oh thank gawd...I thought it was my fault for buying a new St Kilda stubbie holder on Sunday, with club stats and premierships on it...I told the chick at the counter a stubbie holder with "Premierships: 1 (1966)" would be a collectors item at the end of the season. About 2 hours later we were 43 points down, and my beer wasn't tasting so good. :cry:

shmic_s
Club Player

i must say i watched the game at the inkerman on sunday with a mate who is a keen essendon supporter.
but it was the carlton supporters there watching the 'channel 7' game that were most annoying. more so for the reason that we couldn't have the saints on every tv in the house!

i'll keep an eye out for the 'loud one' next time i'm there!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i wore the members cap to work for the first time this year before the bombers game (been wearing a vest thingy tho so still saints everyday)

hadnt worn it as didnt really wanna get it dirty but thought shesh its just a hat and put it on to pretty much hide the mop that needs to be cut on my head.
its the hats fault
blame the hat

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

No, it's my fault. I've travelled to a lot of matches this year and of all games I had to choose, I had to bring my Sydney-based Bombers mate to his first footy match at Docklands last Sunday.

When we kicked the first three goals, he was sulking, saying he wanted to leave, what a waste of a trip, was losing his patient with the rowdy Saint supporters behind him. But wait, before you know it, we're 43 points down and he's the cockiest twat under the roof.

I admit, I did feel bad for him at the start, having recently broken up with his long term misses and having to sell his home as a consequence, I did want for him to at least witness a good game, I was even prepared for a loss and to say "mate, this one's for you".

But after having to endure his cocky banter from the moment we left the stadium to when the plane landed back home, I can tell you, he had pushed the friendship the furthest he could.

So, it was me :(

But that's just football. CARN THE SAINTERS! :D

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
markinUSA
SS Life Member

It's also my fault. I had set the alarm for 2am, when the game was on, but the sound was turned right down accidentally and I missed the game.
Shame on me.

Cheers
Mark

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
SaintHomer
Club Player

It was actually my fault (and i have witnesses). I never wear any saints gear when we are playing, apart from my lucky saints socks. I had my flight from Mackay to Brisbane delayed and by the time I got home, changed and rushed around to fellow a Saintsationalist's (Batnoe) place, I realised I didn't have my socks on.

And didn't I hear about it at games end from him and his missus!!! :shock: :D

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Re: It's my fault...

InkerSaint wrote:...that we lost the game on the weekend.

First one I have not been in town for. Got Monday off and took the missus to Warrnambool on Sunday to go whale watching at Logan Beach.

We checked into the motel and asked if there were any pubs with sports broadcasts. Got directed up the road to a place on the corner, front bar closed, back bar full of pokies. Where to now?

We drove a couple of blocks up to where we could see a Carlton Draught sign and found a place called the Royal Hotel. Walked in and thankfully they had a couple of TVs with Fox Sports on. We also noticed a couple of Saints jumpers framed on the wall, one signed by the team I'm guessing about 8 years ago, the other an original player guernsey from the '70s.

It turns out the owner is one John Bonney...

Another bit of memorabilia on the wall was a Scanlon's cards advert featuring John, some guy called V. Howell and another one called B. Breen.

He wasn't in at the time - we found out he was at an ex-players' lunch in Melbourne. Anyhow, we happily settled in and watched the game with maybe half a dozen other people in the place... a couple of other Saints supporters... a couple of Essendon supporters. God, we're obnoxious. By far the loudest couple there. The yell that came out of me when Kosi nabbed that kick across the 50 by Watson drew chuckles from the people behind me. And thankfully the Essendon supporters enjoyed the win in silence!

Apparently the local back at home was chock full of Bombers fans - the ribbing we would have copped... !

So there you go. It's my fault. I was out of town right when the Saints needed me. Either that, or John Bonney jinxed them by being in town.

But I would never accuse him of that...
Haha!! Quite amazing....as here I was thinking the same thing,with the exact same circumstances...location!

Thought I'd take the week off for a freshen up before the finals. Been carrying a sore throat for the past two months due to my yelling at games,couldn't shake it,so thought I'd go down to the Bool and visit the grandparents and watch it down there.....

Lessons from this...no one go anywhere near Warrnambool in September!

Bring back the Lockett era
saint vince
Club Player

No it was my missus fault. Haven't washed my saints jumper all year wear it to every game I go to. Any way I was folding the Washing on Friday and there it was fresh and clean.

Anyway I got home from work on Sunday night and told my missus we had lost. The first words to escape her mouth were "Oh no the f****ing jumper".

She has been very nice all week.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

saint vince wrote:No it was my missus fault. Haven't washed my saints jumper all year wear it to every game I go to. Any way I was folding the Washing on Friday and there it was fresh and clean.

Anyway I got home from work on Sunday night and told my missus we had lost. The first words to escape her mouth were "Oh no the f****ing jumper".

She has been very nice all week.
You win Vince... that is a corker!

BTW... I finally put my members sticker 09 on the car last week after continually holding off as the wins continued.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

I was thinking it was my fault, first game this year in Melbourne I didn't go to and first game this year I didn't watch live,

was busy being pelted with glasses,

thankfully they were plastic,

I will be attending all games St Kilda are involved in for the remainder of 2009!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Darrel Baldock
Club Player

I feel a weight has been lifted. I was convinced it was my fault, but my reasoning was flimsy. It was the first game in MelbourneI missed. I would have been a lot more responsible had I forgotten to wear my lucky Saints socks. In fact there I was in front of a friend's big telly with my socks on!
So, not me....you. Shame on you.

Ian Cooper was too thin
BaysideSaint
Club Player

i wore my lucky red jocks but i was late to the game. it was my fault.

RoseInOz
Club Player

It was my fault. For the first time this year I bragged that we were going to beat the opposition team. Now I have to go tonight to face up to those idiots who have been dumping on me all year. I won't be bragging again this year, that is, until we win the flag.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
HarveysDeciple

I was also out of town for this game, so it's my fault too, although the only other game I wasn't around for was the Eagles one in round 3 and that turned out ok:-P

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: was busy being pelted with glasses,

thankfully they were plastic,
It's a tough gig being the stripper at the Blind Institute. :(

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

nah it's my fault. Didn't get to the Karalee to watch it last week, so I'll be making sure I get there this week. If we don't win I'll just have to blame someone else.

Another opportunity awaits!
starsign
Club Player

Jeez I've been trying to figure what the hell I did out of place last Sunday

Thank heavens all you buggers have come clean and I can let myself off the hook !

Thanks heaps...... and thank your mothers for the rabbits that they produced!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Please hand in your memberships.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I think it might have been my fault - I was pointing out to Dad that Dimwit tipped the bombers by 31 points and how ridiculous that was. Turns out I was only a pointless comeback away from being showed up by Dimmy. Ah well.

saint mara

no wonder we lost...

it was my fault too...i skipped work to get to the game

as only a sainter can
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:Please hand in your memberships.
What did you do?

Go on, lay your plums on the line! We all did! :lol:

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

It was also my fault for starting the last five thread too early in the week. Usually have it up by Thursday or Friday maybe but had it up by Tuesday or Wednesday last week I think.

I apologise everyone.

:(

saintkid
Club Player

No its my fault because i went to the game on sunday and i had not been too a match all season. So i'm saying its my fault because i went to to the match and jinxed them! :x

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I watched the first half of the game from the Whitten Room/Livewire, never done that before and was surrounded by Bombers..

so I moved to the standing room area on L1 for the second half, never done that either and surrounded by Bombers again.

Far too many firsts, and I felt totally responsible for the loss until I read about why we really lost...as shown above :lol: