After match news - Hayes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

After match news - Hayes

Apparently hurt his hammy during the last few minutes....

All radio has switched to the DogsPies game....still requiring updates.

Anyone?

Winmarvellous
Club Player

TV said foot. Went to take boot off and was told to go down to the rooms to get it looked at.

backit
Club Player

Lyon stated on TV that "he had just worked his arse off" and took him off for a rest.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:Lyon stated on TV that "he had just worked his arse off" and took him off for a rest.

Serious, is that through the live tv feed?

Sitting at home with a blown up face cos I got the wisdoms out....and as soon as the siren sounded all 'live' transmissions cut to the next game....

All I have is a delayed telecast....Going out of control :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hopefully Lenny is ok....What other injury news have others heard?

saintDal
Club Player

He was smiling during the song if thats anything to go by. Didn't look disappointed or anything.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:Lyon stated on TV that "he had just worked his arse off" and took him off for a rest.
Had the Jason recliner and some icy beers waiting back in the rooms...Ross told him to take his shoes off, if he got mud on the recliner he'd tear Lenny a new one.

ThomasR
Club Player

Interesting if true. Pretty sure Lenny signalled to the bench and took himself straight off, Lyon had nothing to do with it...

saintly_safes
Club Player

Was absolutely brillant today as was Dal but they carnt do it on their own week in week out .Our second tier players have really fallen away in the last month lets hope its just a hicup & we go on to much big & better things

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Looked happy enough on the ground after the game.

Didn't like the way Kos was moving tho...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
battye
Saintsational Legend

AFL.com: "A foot injury to Lenny Hayes is St Kilda's only concern after a 47-point win over Melbourne at the MCG"
INJURIES
Melbourne: Whelan (hamstring), Wheatley (calf)
St Kilda: Hayes (hamstring tightness)

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Sainterman
Club Player

battye wrote:AFL.com: "A foot injury to Lenny Hayes is St Kilda's only concern after a 47-point win over Melbourne at the MCG"
INJURIES
Melbourne: Whelan (hamstring), Wheatley (calf)
St Kilda: Hayes (hamstring tightness)
Well that doesn't sound too reliable....unless hamstrings are now feet?

Do they have any real information when the article contradicts itself???

Guess we will have to speculate and wait all week on this one!

kp83
Club Player

Rick Olarenshaw is a tool! He grabbed his hammy straight after he kicked the ball to Kosi late in the 4th, signalled to the bench and came straight off - not a great sign.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kp83 wrote:Rick Olarenshaw is a tool! He grabbed his hammy straight after he kicked the ball to Kosi late in the 4th, signalled to the bench and came straight off - not a great sign.
I think you sre wrong. Pretty confident it is his foot.

kp83
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
kp83 wrote:Rick Olarenshaw is a tool! He grabbed his hammy straight after he kicked the ball to Kosi late in the 4th, signalled to the bench and came straight off - not a great sign.
Ahh, you're right. I just looked at the footage again in slow-mo and yeah, I was wrong. Thank goodness for that, hopefully he'll be right.

However, I stand by my comments re Olarenshaw!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kp83 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Ahh, you're right. I just looked at the footage again in slow-mo and yeah, I was wrong. Thank goodness for that, hopefully he'll be right.
Can apologize to me then after calling me a tool.

roxanne
Club Player

Does anyone know any news about Kosi...had an enormous ice pack on his knee after the game.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
degruch
Saintsational Legend

roxanne wrote:Does anyone know any news about Kosi...had an enormous ice pack on his knee after the game.
...for Lenny's beers, no doubt. Very unusual way of carrying it.

To the top
SS Life Member

Hayes has said he stubbed his foot when kicking and came off and was told to stay off as a precaution - meaning 5 on the interchange bench.

Says he is "OK" and no problems.

Kosi pulled up short after scrimmaging on the ground after poor delivery, knocking the ball clear for a possession and a run in goal.

Got up slowly and ginger on a knee but then jogged off without looking in any way short in his action.

Went for a walk along the boundary line again with no evidence of any problem.

They then put ice on the front of the knee and he looked "short" walking around the ground after the game but, hopefully, this was only because of the ice pack on the front of his knee proving awkard.

He stayed on the ground and walked off with the other players.

The fingers crossed is that if it was in any way serious he would not have been left to walk around and stand around that much at the conclusion of the game.

Hayes made no mention of Kosi - only saying what happended to him.

saintkid
Club Player

I was watching the game on tele and heard that he hurt his foot because they told him to go to the rooms and take of his boot
PLEASE NOT BE SOMETHING SERIOUS BECAUSE WE NEED LENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He might have stubbed his toe, but I thought he was more buggered than anything. I guess we will see him jogging laps on Wednesday along with Kosi.

older saint
SS Life Member

HEard the report on radio butn o ice on the ground and jogged to Robertson to congratulate him. If serious would have been a walkingice pack and nto jogged over.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Whatever the case, it will be great if/when we win this week and our whole side can have a week off, to prepare for the last two (hopefully) games.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
starsign
Club Player

Interviewed on abc radio Lenny said he kicked the ground and when asked about the 5 on the bench said a few of the guys were cramping , it was late in the game and they didn't worry

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Sitting at home with a blown up face cos I got the wisdoms out....
excellent timing, spinner. get it out of the way during the last of the games in the regular season so that you're cherry ripe for the finals! we need everyone on the park performing at that time of year.