Which club do you hate the most?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Richmond, easily. Saintsational members may need a bit of a history lesson.

The Saints were basically nowhere until the 60s. We finally got a team together around 1965 that could win a number of flags, except that, Richmond, which had been a very unsuccessful club until then too, rose at almost the same time BECAUSE/AND, and I will say this again, BECAUSE/AND, they moved to play their home games at the MCG. They stole our flags from 1967 to 1973 simply because they played, like Melbourne in the 1950s, their home games AND the finals at the MCG. And for anyone who thinks home ground advantage was of no value, think about this. Up until the VFL went out of business in 1987, home teams won 67% of their games ( it has only got worse with home state games). Just think about that. Or imagine this - the Saints get to play their finals at Moorabbin from 1965 to 1973.

Yep, Richmond - the stealers.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Richmond, easily. Saintsational members may need a bit of a history lesson.

The Saints were basically nowhere until the 60s. We finally got a team together around 1965 that could win a number of flags, except that, Richmond, which had been a very unsuccessful club until then too, rose at almost the same time BECAUSE/AND, and I will say this again, BECAUSE/AND, they moved to play their home games at the MCG. They stole our flags from 1967 to 1973 simply because they played, like Melbourne in the 1950s, their home games AND the finals at the MCG. And for anyone who thinks home ground advantage was of no value, think about this. Up until the VFL went out of business in 1987, home teams won 67% of their games ( it has only got worse with home state games). Just think about that. Or imagine this - the Saints get to play their finals at Moorabbin from 1965 to 1973.

Yep, Richmond - the stealers.
I have to stop reading this thread, I am getting angry :twisted:

I love this club
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Blues by a mile. Then believe it or not the hawks - loathe their supporters who are a bunch of yuppy puncy wankers. I reckon their performance after the game Saturday summed them up beautifully.

As for the pies - my missus is MAD black and white and comes from your typical MAD pies family. I take my eldest daughter to the saints game, she takes our youngest daughter to pies games. Quite often I will accompany her to pies games and see far more of their games than I care to admit. I actually find their supporters amusing (as long as your not planted in amongst a bunch of foul mouthed ferals) which doesn't happen as often as you'd think. :shock:

One thing I say about the pies, their supporter base is huge and their fans are passionate. I love that. IN fact I have read posts on here bemoaning the fact that the saints can't get back to that feral roar that used to occur at Moorabbin in the 80's and early 90's. If you're not one eyed at the footy then you're not fair dinkum I reckon.

So whilst I was raised to loathe the pies, I guess I have come to accept them. They're not that threatening anyway - they've only won one more flag than us since the war, and their supporters have the same doomed pessimistic outlook as the saints supporters. So when we beat them on the weekend, shake their hand on the way out and be sure to tell them that Buckley is their saviour (they honestly believe that :lol: )

St Plugger
Club Player

Without doubt it's Adelaide!!!! They way they took it from us in '97 cut me deeply. The long 3 hr drive back to NE Vic was very hard to take after the loss with that dam "Pride Of S.A." blasting out of the radio.
Sundays game was the first Saints match I've watched live since that match!!! Only went because my Grandson wanted to see the Saints live and I was sure that they would win.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

this week i hate collingwood because we have to play them. i hate teams 1 week at a time.
hopefully next week i will not have to hate anyone :)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:this week i hate collingwood because we have to play them. i hate teams 1 week at a time.
Nice perspective....

jmcp
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:this week i hate collingwood because we have to play them. i hate teams 1 week at a time.
haha cos if you win you'll probably be sitting with the pies cs next week. :wink:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

jmcp wrote:
haha cos if you win you'll probably be sitting with the pies cs next week. :wink:
long time no chat!
where have you been hiding for the past 6 months? getting worried about this weekend?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Plugger wrote:Without doubt it's Adelaide!!!! They way they took it from us in '97 cut me deeply. The long 3 hr drive back to NE Vic was very hard to take after the loss with that dam "Pride Of S.A." blasting out of the radio.
Sundays game was the first Saints match I've watched live since that match!!! Only went because my Grandson wanted to see the Saints live and I was sure that they would win.
+ 1...probably for much the same as WA Saints being bashed about the head by the Weagles day in day out. They're such a middle-class family friendly franchise, it hardly seemed fair that they beat a struggling club like the Saints in '97. Worse, it was hard to not oblige them their first flag, especially when they won it fair and square. :x

However, they're being pipped by Carlton (cheating rich boys) at the moment. I don't share the pathological hate of Collingwood so much, but I don't have to see, hear or smell their supporters either.

TassieJones
Club Player

Carlton.

although it would be awesome to meet and thrash Adelaide in the GF, just to heal some wounds (don't have much against the current crows side)

saintly_safes
Club Player

Living in WA definately West Coast .Not because of the players but the media & their fair weathered supporters

AlpineStars
Club Player

I hate the Dorks,

For a club that has had so much recent success they epitomise the term "sore loser".

Wake me up when September ends.
happy feet
Club Player

Pies

Collingwood for me. Can't stand em. Can still remember Cuz that great day at Victoria Park. How sweet it was.

sax
Club Player

St Plugger wrote:Without doubt it's Adelaide!!!! They way they took it from us in '97 cut me deeply. The long 3 hr drive back to NE Vic was very hard to take after the loss with that dam "Pride Of S.A." blasting out of the radio.
Totally Agree!! Hate the pricks!
Live in the same state as them & have to put up with all there BS!!!!
CARN BOMBERS!!!! Smash 'em Friday Night!!!!

xander
Club Player

Re: Pies

happy feet wrote:Collingwood for me. Can't stand em. Can still remember Cuz that great day at Victoria Park. How sweet it was.
i hate them too. always have. Carlton come a close second. And i've been hating Geelong alot recently.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pies

xander wrote:
happy feet wrote:Collingwood for me. Can't stand em. Can still remember Cuz that great day at Victoria Park. How sweet it was.
i hate them too. always have. Carlton come a close second. And i've been hating Geelong alot recently.
It's good to hate new things every once in a while.

Shades
Club Player

Filth and the cats

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Carlton is on top of the list by a country mile. They tried their hardest to shut the club down. Will never forgive that.

Other than that, I share the dislike around. I particularly loathe any team we are playing that week.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Saint_Gooner
Club Player

For me, probably essendon first. I've always had trouble seperating the 2 but I find essendon's fans to be a bit more arrogant, and I've had bad experiences both at matches and fans I know personally!

I can't stand Hawthorn, mostly because I'd met about 2 Hawk fans before last years gf and about 50 since...

And Melbourne, have been told to sit down at almost every game I;ve been to against them. Have never understood why their fans love watching umpires run the ball back to the middle after a goal so much...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintly_safes wrote:Living in WA definately West Coast .Not because of the players but the media & their fair weathered supporters
Have noticed this too. The number of people at work who stopped going to Eagles games in the past couple of years is amazing. They have no culture of genuine footy following through thick and thin. Fair weather, narrow, uber-parochial, media brainwashed soft as butter johnny come latelies who's culture starts with Worsfold. May their ground burn down and their insurance policies be out of date. May their draft picks all be duds. May the trains on the Fremantle line all break down on Eagles home match days. May Worsfold be rendered permanently mute.
May the exclusive crosses to Eagles training on channel 7 news be unintelligible every time.
May Glen Jakovich, Scott Watters, Ken Judge and their ilk be stricken with dementia and forget who the bloody Eagles are.
May Daniel Kerr always be one week away from returning from injury. May their brainwashed piss weak white bread Harvey Norman shopping fans and their smug, arrogant superior club permanently be woe and angst ridden. May they simply cease to exist.

widereceiver
Club Player

Orks - those puffed up assholes at "the family club" with their psycho thug coach and their bleating, squealing hypocritical goon, Campbell farkin' Brown. (Keep your farkin' elbows down Mitchell, you sniping little shitehawk!)

I hated their dirty nappy colours since I first went to their sewage redolent ground and saw their 60's thugs visit their filth on us.

Not forgetting the old school bully, Jeff Kennett, with kudos for Beyond Blue but nothing else.

Finally, their fans, most of whom are perhaps 2 points of IQ above the Collingwood minimum. I love to hear them when they stand behind the reserved seating at Jihad, missed that this year, to confirm my low opinion of them.

then in this order

Collingwood
Essedon (one farkin' n) you pathetic western suburbs dipsticks
Adelaide - 1997
Carlton used to be second on the list but have been so pitiable, will be loathed again in proportion to their ladder position.

Then, the rest in no particular order
Roos - fold, merge or piss off with your shinboner crap
Demons - born to rule from the bottom of the ladder - fold or merge
Dogs - I feel may never win another flag, suck it up
Geel - respect the team but pity you having to live there

All the foreigners suck - I hate it that I don't feel the same pain at losing to them in the H&A that I did when e.g. Sydney were South Melbourne or the Brions were Fitzroy. Haven't forgive Big Bad Bozo for 2005, though, so they are a pack of red and white sh*&^%$ as well.

Just one word about the Tigers... hilaire!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
jmcp
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
jmcp wrote:
long time no chat!
where have you been hiding for the past 6 months? getting worried about this weekend?
not worried fella. should be a cracker of a game and obviously round 7 can not be used as guide.

claystreet
Club Player

Filth

Carlscum

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

I've always thought hating another club is a waste of energy better used in supporting my own club.

Life is too short to hate.

asiu

i hate teams 1 week at a time.

:)

i'm starting to be impressed by you young dools ...very good