Ins and outs?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Re: Ins and outs

JABBER wrote:In Gwilt Steven

Out Eddy Hayes (inj)

since it not a knockout final Gardiner and Hayes will not be risked.
Gwilt played very good last year in the semi-final steven is a smokie
who got the pace and kicks goals
With all respect are you related to Steven?

Geary, Eddy, Ball, Arnitage would all be in front of him.

saintbob
SS Life Member

IN: Ball, Gardiner, Geary, Steven

OUT: McEvoy, Dempster, Eddy, McQualter

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

INS (From): Gardiner Ball Armitage Geary Hudghton
OUTS: McEvoy Eddy

Buggered if I can shorten it anymore....

The Saints are coming!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:INS (From): Gardiner Ball Armitage Geary Hudghton
OUTS: McEvoy Eddy

Buggered if I can shorten it anymore....
Ditto.

Same ins and outs. Same sentiments re shortening!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
gosainters66
Club Player

in - ball gardiner maxxy
out- dempster clark eddy

SAINTS FOR EVER
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

they will not risk gardiner in week 1

we have bigger fish to fry

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I cannot believe people say they will not risk a player because it isnt a knock out final. What does that actually mean? If they are unfit they will not play and if they are fit they will. This week is so important. A win gets us to the prelim with a week off and a loss will probably get us a game against an inform Adelaide.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

I agree with In: Gardiner, Ball, Armo, Geary, Hudghton
Outs: McEvoy, Eddy

Another potential out is Dempster but he may be able to fill that 3rd tall forward option that will help to take the heat off Kosi and Roo.

The other way I can think of squeezing Hudghton in is to play Blake as the 2nd ruck against the filths poor 2nd ruck option. This would only happen if Gardiner didn't come up.

I feel that Armo and Ball will adapt a lot better to the added intensity in finals footy than Eddy. Not to mention the experience of Ball. Sure Eddy can run but so can Collingwood. Armo and Ball will help to shut them down through pressure. How many times have I heard that the saints are choking the opposition this year. The saints will do this tenfold this weekend. The added tackling, in and under and pressure skills by armo and ball will be very beneficial.

That still leaves me with the dillema of who is out??

Gardiner-McEvoy, Eddy-Ball, Armo-?, Geary-Dempster?? Very tough!

In saying all this, I'm very happy that we have the options!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I cannot believe people say they will not risk a player because it isnt a knock out final. What does that actually mean? If they are unfit they will not play and if they are fit they will. This week is so important. A win gets us to the prelim with a week off and a loss will probably get us a game against an inform Adelaide.
i'm with you. best fit team. every final is a must win.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

azza12 wrote:In Ball Hudgton Gardiner(if Fit)
Out Eddy Dawson McEvoy
Agree

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:I agree with In: Gardiner, Ball, Armo, Geary, Hudghton
Outs: McEvoy, Eddy

Another potential out is Dempster but he may be able to fill that 3rd tall forward option that will help to take the heat off Kosi and Roo.

The other way I can think of squeezing Hudghton in is to play Blake as the 2nd ruck against the filths poor 2nd ruck option. This would only happen if Gardiner didn't come up.

I feel that Armo and Ball will adapt a lot better to the added intensity in finals footy than Eddy. Not to mention the experience of Ball. Sure Eddy can run but so can Collingwood. Armo and Ball will help to shut them down through pressure. How many times have I heard that the saints are choking the opposition this year. The saints will do this tenfold this weekend. The added tackling, in and under and pressure skills by armo and ball will be very beneficial.

That still leaves me with the dillema of who is out??

Gardiner-McEvoy, Eddy-Ball, Armo-?, Geary-Dempster?? Very tough!

In saying all this, I'm very happy that we have the options!!
Do you really think Dempster is the right fit as a third tall forward, I think out of everyone tried, Gwilt is the better option....

Quixote
SS Life Member

I think there will be just one change:

OUT McEvoy
IN Gardiner

Emergencies: Max Geary Ball

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Do you really think Dempster is the right fit as a third tall forward, I think out of everyone tried, Gwilt is the better option....
Not especially, but Dempster just appears to be a lock. Not that I agree. He hasn't set the world alight since coming back and is being given every chance. As some other posters have mentioned, I think that Ross loves Sean in the team. It would be nice if our 3rd tall had a little X-factor about their game. I've only seen glimpses of this from Gwilt and more workmanlike performances from Dempster. Maybe Maguire?? Ha, I don't want to get people started.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Quixote wrote:I think there will be just one change:

OUT McEvoy
IN Gardiner

I fear that you will be spot on. I'm still struggling to believe that a fully fit Luke Ball is unlikely to be taking the field for us in a Qualifying Final.

I can understand Max but Bally is what finals are all about. Tough, Physical, Uncompromising.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I cannot believe people say they will not risk a player because it isnt a knock out final. What does that actually mean? If they are unfit they will not play and if they are fit they will. This week is so important. A win gets us to the prelim with a week off and a loss will probably get us a game against an inform Adelaide.
exactly, so if there is even the smallest risk with gardiner why would you risk him

the history of finals is littered with teams that took the risk of playing unfit players that bought failure

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
exactly, so if there is even the smallest risk with gardiner why would you risk him

the history of finals is littered with teams that took the risk of playing unfit players that bought failure
yeah, like hawthorn in the grand final last year.

oh, wait...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

If he is fit he plays and if he isnt he doesnt.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Out: me going out to a mate's place to watch the footy
In: In front of the TV at mate's place with a beer watching the footy

Quixote
SS Life Member

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Quixote wrote:I think there will be just one change:

OUT McEvoy
IN Gardiner

I'm still struggling to believe that a fully fit Luke Ball is unlikely to be taking the field for us in a Qualifying Final.

x 2.

Whose spot would he take? The only bloke I can think of is Eddy - everyone has either another role to play or is in better form.

If Bally DOES come in - by gawd, the pressure will be on him.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Milton66
SS Life Member

On what basis can people say that Armo will withstand finals pressure better than Eddy?

:lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
DWOODROW
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:On what basis can people say that Armo will withstand finals pressure better than Eddy?

On the basis he does more than Eddy. :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

DWOODROW wrote:
Milton66 wrote:On what basis can people say that Armo will withstand finals pressure better than Eddy?

Silly me. I forgot that Armo has been a regular seniors player this year and that he has untold finals experience.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

Silly me. I forgot that Armo has been a regular seniors player this year and that he has untold finals experience.
Well he played in the finals last year. He stands up when needed and puts his head over the ball. Silly me I didn't know you had to have played the whole year to play finals.

Milton66
SS Life Member

DWOODROW wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

Well he played in the finals last year. He stands up when needed and puts his head over the ball. Silly me I didn't know you had to have played the whole year to play finals.
Silly me - silly you. :lol:

DWOODROW
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

I agree :)

Silly me - silly you. :lol: