Ins and outs?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StPeter
Club Player

Well it seems almost unanimous in this post that Eddy should go and I definitely agree. But I suspect Lyon's love child will be included for the finals series like last year no matter how ineffectual he is.

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

I really like these threads. :D

The supporters have their say. 8-)

But I can just imaging Sos sneaking on and listing his changes and why, then saying to Ross - Hey I saw an interesting idea on Saintsational! :idea:

Could just be his way to inspire the changes he wants. :P

Well, this is such a respected forum and always full of rational and informed debate. :shock:

He could use it ... couldn't he? :D

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote:Well it seems almost unanimous in this post that Eddy should go and I definitely agree. But I suspect Lyon's love child will be included for the finals series like last year no matter how ineffectual he is.
I agree. I dont think RL really wants to win the flag. he is obviously no good but RL just loves him.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

What I would like to see - don't know whether it will happen though :shock:

In: Gardiner, Ball

Out: McEvoy, xxx

Hold your ground :shock:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:What I would like to see - don't know whether it will happen though :shock:

X has done his knee.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Hawkesbury Saint wrote:I really like these threads. :D

The supporters have their say. 8-)

But I can just imaging Sos sneaking on and listing his changes and why, then saying to Ross - Hey I saw an interesting idea on Saintsational! :idea:

Could just be his way to inspire the changes he wants. :P

Well, this is such a respected forum and always full of rational and informed debate. :shock:

He could use it ... couldn't he? :D
10/10. :lol: :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
JABBER
Club Player

Ins and outs

Gardiner has got hamstring problems if he tears it again he will miss the rest of the season.Hopefully we will win without him and then he can come back after a 3 week break ideal for hamstrings.With Lenny he is our best midfielder but is sore i wouldnt play him unless he is 100% fit.

There is other players in front of Steven but he could be a smokie for us in the finals if he plays

trevor barker
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ins and outs

JABBER wrote:Gardiner has got hamstring problems if he tears it again he will miss the rest of the season.Hopefully we will win without him and then he can come back after a 3 week break ideal for hamstrings.With Lenny he is our best midfielder but is sore i wouldnt play him unless he is 100% fit.

There is other players in front of Steven but he could be a smokie for us in the finals if he plays
How do you know this?

Milton66
SS Life Member

Re: Ins and outs

JABBER wrote:Gardiner has got hamstring problems if he tears it again he will miss the rest of the season.Hopefully we will win without him and then he can come back after a 3 week break ideal for hamstrings.With Lenny he is our best midfielder but is sore i wouldnt play him unless he is 100% fit.

WTF is this "smokie" cr@p that posters keep coming up with?

Where we are now is a result of meticulous planning by the club... not accident.

What makes people think that we need a "smokie" to help us win the flag ffs?

20-2 for the season, and people want to pick players with little or no experience int he hope that they do a Rioli?

Does anyone stop to consider what would happen if the "smokie" fizzled out and had a shocker?

Geeez. :roll:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I can't wait until they name Ball, Gardiner and Hudghton in our extended squad.

Collingwood will be s**tting themselves.

Bring any player in Pies, we will cover them. As long as we bring the processes that won us 19 consecutive games, we will have them all covered. Geelong is still my biggest worry. They have previous GF experience which is invaluable and like us, they can switch on.

I wanna say hi to all those people who thought that our window of opportunity closed in 2007. Hi there!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:I can't wait until they name Ball, Gardiner and Hudghton in our extended squad.

Bring any player in Pies, we will cover them. As long as we bring the processes that won us 19 consecutive games, we will have them all covered. Geelong is still my biggest worry. They have previous GF experience which is invaluable and like us, they can switch on.

I wanna say hi to all those people who thought that our window of opportunity closed in 2007. Hi there!
Why will they be shitting themselves?

PJ
SS Life Member

Isn't a smokie what Warrick Capper used to have before a game? Used to get him pretty high from memory.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Milton66
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:I can't wait until they name Ball, Gardiner and Hudghton in our extended squad.

Why will they be shitting themselves?
Gastro? :shock:

Milton66
SS Life Member

PJ wrote:
Isn't a smokie what Warrick Capper used to have before a game? Used to get him pretty high from memory.
Nah, that was his tight shorts.

Speaking of "smokies", I'd drop Kosi and bring in Lynch.

It would be the perfect game to see if he has the "x" factor and potential upside. We have the double chance, so even if we lose, it's worth taking the risk IMHSO.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

On what basis can people say that Armo will withstand finals pressure better than Eddy?
I think that Armo can withstand finals pressure equally to Eddy but I do believe that Armo's physical game is more conducive to finals footy than Eddy's. It's the same reason why I'd put Ball in front of Eddy too in a final. Ball has the added bonus of leadership and experience.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:What I would like to see - don't know whether it will happen though :shock:

X has done his knee.
Thanks, I didn't know that

I left myself wide open for that - you're a classic plugger66 8-)
I should have typed ### or ???

Well I don't know who might get tipped out for Ball, should he come in :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

On those comparing Armo and Eddy...I think they are completely contrasting types so not sure if you swap one out for the other that you dont make a bigger problem.

Armo IMO is your typical pack dweller, in and under, great tackling - NOT great at covering the ground or renowned for a large tank.

Eddy not a goal kicker, not a great kick, but does cover the ground well, has huge tank and will apply the pressure all day and ok tackler.

I dont know why but to me a larger G when your trying to keep 'frontal pressure' going says the key is players who CAN get to the contest, cover the zone and apply pressure - eg cover the ground.

“Yeah….nah””
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:On those comparing Armo and Eddy...I think they are completely contrasting types so not sure if you swap one out for the other that you dont make a bigger problem.

Armo IMO is your typical pack dweller, in and under, great tackling - NOT great at covering the ground or renowned for a large tank.

Eddy not a goal kicker, not a great kick, but does cover the ground well, has huge tank and will apply the pressure all day and ok tackler.

I dont know why but to me a larger G when your trying to keep 'frontal pressure' going says the key is players who CAN get to the contest, cover the zone and apply pressure - eg cover the ground.
Unusually, I find myself somewhat in agreement with you on this, Teffers. I find myself slowly warming to Eddy: the guy does apply pressure a lot of the time and fills dangerous gaps. I'm still not sure that his - other than tackling - are of AFL finals standard. Opposing teams are going to leave him alone because the see him as no threat with the ball, so he will have to work that bit harder to stay in the game.

But he's on the cusp of being selected for Saturday IMO.

The player I don't "get" is Dempster. Same running all over the place, same disrespect from opposing coaches, but puts far less pressure on than Eddy: usually only a couple of tackles per game, not many possies

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Only a few hours to go until the squad is named and things will be a little clearer. Albeit we'll have to wait another 24 hours until the final team is named.

rexy
SS Life Member

Re: Ins and outs?

rexy wrote:Couldnt find a thread so sorry if it has been done.

Possibles Into the squad for Sunday Ball Hudgton Geary Armo and Gardiner.

Possible outs of the final squad King McEvoy Dawson Dempster Schneider Eddy

I think In Ball Hudgton Geary, no outs until Friday.

Friday emergencies Eddy Geary and Schneider.

In Ball Hudgton
Out Eddy Schneider

Dempster to play forward and keep Maxwell honest, be a target as well as stifle his rebound.

FB Hudgton Dawson Baker
HB Gilbert Blake Fisher
C Goddard Ball Dal Santo
HF Montagna Reiowldt Dempster
FF Milne Kosi McQualter
R King Hayes Jones
IC Clarke McEvoy Gram Ray
E Eddy Geary Schneider

If Gardiner is fit then there will be a ruck change but I dont think he will be risked if there is any doubt.
Not far off so far
In Ball Hudgton Geary as I said and Gardiner if he is fully fit.

Schneider named on the ground would suggest my outs are a bit off.

Funny early in the week I didnt think there was room for Max but as we draw closer to the game I think we should pick him, gives you confidence that one forward will be very well held.

Maybe this year?