Registered for the Grand Final

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Relax guys...

Still need to make the GF.

It is a good feeling to register. No point in stressing over things like this that are completely out of your control.

God knows I dont need more stress....I'm gonna be a fkn shambles next week....dont need anything else on top of it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

yep, printed the confirmation page out as well.

they have my barcode, ard details and all other details. was alreadyt resistered with ticketmaster. surely post code info is moot.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bozza1980
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:now
i spose i better go register huh
8-)

good thing about only buying a single seat is that u have a greater chance (in my eyes) of getting a ticket in a better seat.

because people buy two tickets or 3 or 4 (for the wife and kids, or a group of mates)
well this ends up leaving odd singles dotted around the place.
so joe bloggs is drwan out the hat and wants 5 best avl ticket seats together, yet there is only singles left dotted around...well it will go to the next best option for joe bloggs that has 5 tickets together which could be up the back in level friggin 24 in the clouds.
im drawn out th hat next with the same preference (best avl) but only want one ticket and it gives me one of the premiums on the floor that were left dotted about.

sometimes being a complete nigel and sitting on ya own has its advantages lol

it all depends on how many social clubbers outta the 11500 take up their offer, and IF the afl decides to take some tickets back

i play percentages for the best options
I hope you are right, I too booked by myself.

I picked the option best available including standing room, I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if I missed out because I wasn't prepared to stand.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:This post code baloney is bugging me out a little.

Surely, a botched post code (through website incomptetance) does not deny me :?
I telephoned instead of using the internet and no probs at all.

I then tried the internet (just to confirm it all went through okay) and sure enough it must have, as the reply on the internet said that my email and my address has already been used

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:now
i spose i better go register huh
8-)

good thing about only buying a single seat is that u have a greater chance (in my eyes) of getting a ticket in a better seat.

because people buy two tickets or 3 or 4 (for the wife and kids, or a group of mates)
well this ends up leaving odd singles dotted around the place.
so joe bloggs is drwan out the hat and wants 5 best avl ticket seats together, yet there is only singles left dotted around...well it will go to the next best option for joe bloggs that has 5 tickets together which could be up the back in level friggin 24 in the clouds.
im drawn out th hat next with the same preference (best avl) but only want one ticket and it gives me one of the premiums on the floor that were left dotted about.

sometimes being a complete nigel and sitting on ya own has its advantages lol

it all depends on how many social clubbers outta the 11500 take up their offer, and IF the afl decides to take some tickets back
i play percentages for the best options
You keep mentioning if the afl take back seats etc//for the toffs blah blah

according to the member in the Membership dept your claims (re taking away tickets are just your opinion and assumptions.......
ok then
funny seeing as thats what the afl told me when i rang em
i couldnt care
its been all over the forum and the afl site for weeks now

there was a quote i poosted from the afl site when the finals first began

and it said something like that no one is guarenteed a ticket and the afl reserves all rights.
i quoted it in a thread called "one liners" (or something to that effect that someone put up over a week ago now)

i couldnt give a rats toss bag
im registered
ill be getttig a ticket if we make it
i play percentages the best i can
but im telling you right now
if the afl wants to take tickets back and create standing room they can
chances of that happening???
who knows
chances of all 11500 social clubbers guarenteed a ticket accepting it???
who knows

couldnt care anymore to be honest
people should have sorted this out in their minds a week ago

Richter
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:sometimes being a complete nigel and sitting on ya own has its advantages lol
My best friend at primary school was called Nigel.

He had plenty of mates...... and so will you........... if we make it that far.....

:D :( :D

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Quixote
SS Life Member

Done a little while ago - easy!

Best seat EXCLUDING standing room.

Bring on the Prelim!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
mordi
Club Player

what if we had got organised , and all SC members had Excluded Standing Room? Would that have stuffed up their plan?

What's the Point of it All?
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:what if we had got organised , and all SC members had Excluded Standing Room? Would that have stuffed up their plan?
Don't worry, mate. Providing the Saints win the Preliminary Final, we are going to attend the GRAND FINAL!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
mullet
Saintsational Legend

There will be enough seats. In 97 people were using sc memberships up to 4 times as long as they had memberships as they werent clipping sc cards. Everyone got a seat in the old olympic stand. I believe the capacity is more now at the G, and they are more organised with club allocation now.

FFS stop worrying lets just get to the GF first

mordi
Club Player

OK.......went to the source and have a response from the St.Kilda
General Manager, Marketing & Membership Services.

I asked the split of the tickets we may get and in the event not all SC take up, how do they allocate. His response;

"The AFL does not tell me exactly our allocation. However, they have advised me that they believe almost all Social Club members will get a seat. It also depends on how many register. We have had about 75% register so far. Yes seats will be given to Social Club members first."

Pretty happy with this response and the fact he took the time to do it!

What's the Point of it All?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup
its pretty straight forward

in reality the less that reg the more chance we have of getting a premium seat
theres always someone that cant go...
be interesting to see how many out of the 11500 do register
been a cracking year for us and wouldnt surprise me if it was only a hundred or so that dont reg and the tickets flow over to September Sainters

then again only 10000 could reg.
guess we'll all find out if we win next week

and the quote in mordis post from the source he spoke to:
"The AFL does not tell me exactly our allocation."

nice little escape clause there for them
cant see it being a prob tho in all honesty and would 'guess' at all of us that reg will be sitting on our bums

Solar
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:correct
11500 TICKETS confirmed
doesnt means SEATS

ok a few scenarios

lets say every one of those 11500 social club members who are 100% guarenteed a TICKET registered today.
then the afl decides, they might get massive interest from more corporates that want seats..well they cant take them off afl or mcc members so they go to each clubs allocation of 11500 and take a few off each one, lets say they take 100 tickets off of each club.
so now 100 people from our club who are including in the 11500 (that ALL registered) might end up with a standing room ticket.
so if you are after the 11400th person and HAVENT ticked the best avl option that INCLUDES standing room then you miss out.....and those tickets then flow over into the September Saints people .

now, they say that most years around 1% of the social clubs who are guarenteed a ticket actually dont take them up (sick, holidays, cant afford the ticket at the time, what ever reason) so everyone then would get a seat.

i wont take the risk..im going on EVERY one of those 11500 social clubbers will register and ill be ticking best avl including standing room.

now the other thing is group bookings (which ive been offered to do so i can sit with a few peeps from here)

now the thing with group bookings is its all in or none in.
so lets say the 11500 again ALL registered and the afl does its "we'll take a few off each club because we can" thingy.
imagine if we didnt tick best avl including standing room and we are one of the last names/group to come out of the hat....(say theres 8 of us in the group)
we decide to tick best avl but NO STANDING room and there is only 5 premium tickets (dotted around the ground as single seats left) and standing room only left, and we want 8 tickets
it will sy 'tough poo poo' theres only 5 tickets left, u didnt tick standing and ya want 8 tickets...sorry...no tickets for you.

im not prepared to take the risk even it is a 0.01$ chance of happening

but like has been said before, every year not all socail clubbers (included in that 11500) take up there ticket anyway.

so lets say 10000 only register...then that leaves 1500 tickets that will then go to the people who registered (earlier last month) for September Saint....if the afl then decides it wants to do this take tickets back for corporate bigwigs and grabs 100 tickets back, then obviously these will come out of the September Saints raffle and those people will cop the standing room

nothings 100% known because
a. we dont know how many of the 11500 will take up their ticket
b. we dont know IF the afl will decide to take a few tickets back and give them to corporate as seats, and then turn the tickets they took from us into standing room.

this is why my advice is to tick best avl option INCLUDING standing room
just in case....yeah the chance of standing is minimal, MINIMAL...but to me that means there is a chance and im willing to accept being told ill be standing.....but at least ill be there.

hopefully thats understandable
thats how I understand it :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
choowy09 wrote:Has anyone found it a problem to insert their postcode?
Yes, it took ages, more than 5 minutes so received an error processing, had to go back a few pages and resubmit information,

I wondered if anyone else had encountered this issue,

quite annoying, when it was virtually the last step before finalizing,

but in the grand scheme of things a pleasant thing to be registering for Grand Final tickets to begin with!

Ha ha, had that problem too.....It was nerve racking enough not to receive that error page for the timeout.

And the postcode box was a bit funny...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Done....Amazed at how easy that was...thank goodness...

Oh...you will get a seat.

Our social club numbers fit well within a GF club allocation.
What is your source?

* From what I have seen written the number of tickets allocated from the competing clubs allocation exactly equals the number of SC Members.

* I have not seen the breakdown defined, but it would seem most likely that this includes standing room as well as restricted view seats.

If so then unless some SC Members do not take up their allocation some SC will be offered standing room.

Some one wrote in another thread that the Club were only expecting 80% of SC Members to take up their entitlement...but this seems way too low to me.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:There will be enough seats. In 97 people were using sc memberships up to 4 times as long as they had memberships as they werent clipping sc cards. Everyone got a seat in the old olympic stand. I believe the capacity is more now at the G, and they are more organised with club allocation now.

There were not 11500 SC Members in 97...and while some "double dipped" many did not know about it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:OK.......went to the source and have a response from the St.Kilda
General Manager, Marketing & Membership Services.

I asked the split of the tickets we may get and in the event not all SC take up, how do they allocate. His response;

"The AFL does not tell me exactly our allocation. However, they have advised me that they believe almost all Social Club members will get a seat. It also depends on how many register. We have had about 75% register so far. Yes seats will be given to Social Club members first."

Pretty happy with this response and the fact he took the time to do it!
But given the time of day that he responded it would seeem that as they already have 75% of 11,500 registered that they will exceed the 80% estimate that another poster earlier this week was told was the expected take-up.

Ta..
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 09 Sep 2009 1:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

After reading through all these posts its now time to put the sign up.......

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Pwoit on Wed 09 Sep 2009 1:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:After reading througn all these posts its now time to put the sign up.......

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Plus we need to actually win the PF first....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im with sRr on the fact that i reckon itll be a fair old whack of the 11500 that take up the tickets offered them.

edit:
it'd also be good if we could see a %age thingy hourly so we know where we are 8-) 8-)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
mullet wrote:There will be enough seats. In 97 people were using sc memberships up to 4 times as long as they had memberships as they werent clipping sc cards. Everyone got a seat in the old olympic stand. I believe the capacity is more now at the G, and they are more organised with club allocation now.

There were not 11500 SC Members in 97...and while some "double dipped" many did not know about it.

Me and my family missed out as social club members.... :cry:

My dad and I were lucky enough to get some on the day....

chook23
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Done. Best available excluding standing for us!! Apparently if you elect to take just best avail and accept standing room - you may just get that!!
but if all seats gone you may miss all together

knowing you and your famil committment to the sainters.................

you prepared to riskthat?

Your source of "apparently"...........

I must admit I ummned and arred over which option
:(

saint4life
matrix
Saintsational Legend

best avl for me
if that tiniest of tiny chances comes up and im standing then im standing.
other option would the 'other means' one and then pass the standing room ticket on.

prelim first tho
still got 9 days yet :?
and im pretty confident about player either team tbh

bigred
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
bigred wrote:Done....Amazed at how easy that was...thank goodness...

Oh...you will get a seat.

Our social club numbers fit well within a GF club allocation.
What is your source?

* From what I have seen written the number of tickets allocated from the competing clubs allocation exactly equals the number of SC Members.* I have not seen the breakdown defined, but it would seem most likely that this includes standing room as well as restricted view seats.

If so themn unless some SC Members do not take up their allocation some SC will be offered standing room.
Last year the competing clubs were allocated only 11.5% of tickets...11.5% of the MCG basically, so around 11,500.

I cant find the link, but this year the afl was intending to stretch that to near 13% in the best case scenario. So around 13000 tickets.

They list 16,000-23,000 on that official document. Of course that is between the TWO competing clubs.

If we got 10k allocated to us, I reckon we may have dramas.
12k would probably do it. 13k most definately would cover all the Social club members.

If the AFL reduce our allocation to below eleven thousand and people miss out....Well there goes the ONLY selling point in forking our for an SC membership.

Way back in 1997, our allocation was actually increased. :P

I am not very concerned about this....I know the AFL loves to dud the fkn supporters, but I think we have done the right thing by limiting SC availability.

Found the link:

http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/2009/fi ... 310809.doc

As I said, I'm a positive person :P

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Banger2Plugger
Club Player

TICKET MASTER PHONE FIASCO!

Ok this morning I was jumping out of my skin and dialled the 1300 Ticketmaster hotline to register...

Dialled the number 8.00am

"Welcome to the AFL Toyota Grand Final Ticket Hotline...
"You have one option..Press 1 for Stkilda Club Members

So I pressed 1

"To purchase tickets for the Cats Priority 1 AFL Grand Final tickets press 1 - tickets are available for Cats Priority 1 AFL Grand Final Tickets are available from 10th September...
WTF?
"To purchase tickets for the Cats Priority 2 AFL Grand Final tickets press 2..."

WTF?

It took Ticketmaster almost 10 mins to fix the phone registering hotline for StKilda members.
Anyway - I'm registered - 2 no standing room option
But geezzz I am really concerned now with them handling details across to Ticketek.

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?