Changes For Next Week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StPeter
Club Player

I have been saying for several weeks now that Eddy is not up to it.
How many chances can he have? Even the players have lost faith in him.
He has played five shockers in a row in the finals this year and last.

I wouldn't mind any of Gwilt, Dempster or Geary to come in depending on match ups.

felixleo
Club Player

maybe kosi did'nt see him, it's not like he is famous for his total awareness.

Are you gonna be the one?
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Interesting decision coming up.

Barring injury, Eddy is the only one I'd see coming out.

Quite a few had poor games last night: Schneider (as per finals last year), Milne (as per finals generally, although at least he kicked a goal), Joey, etc.

But none of the others are at risk.

But if they drop Eddy for not getting enough possies, then how is bringing in Mr "can't find the ball" Dempster for him going to help? At least Eddy goes hard at the man with the ball.

If they want a broadly similar player, I'd go for Geary.

Gwilt is an interesting alternative, but a swap for Eddy would unbalance our structure IMO.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If someone comes in they will not have played footy for 4 weeks. To big of a risk. No change baring a good performance by LJ tomorrow.

quidnunc
Club Player

I've waited too long to see another premiership and I want the best possible chance.

Sorry to upset team harmony but unfortunately Eddy was not up to it. Four handballs, one free against and one clanger is not a good enough contribution to team synergy.

Both Dempster and Gwilt could provide us with more and demand more opposition attention which eases the pressure on our other forwards.

I'm sure Roo would benefit from one less opposition player hanging off him.

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
saintbob
SS Life Member

Out :

Milne - Failed to fire again, IMO will be very lucky to keep spot

Eddy - Needed to do something a bit out of the ordinary last night to keep his spot.Armitage

Ins:

Either of the following could get a start

Demspter, Geary, Steven or Armitage

jay young
Club Player

if we play geelong max in to take mooney or hawkins heres a list of players out of form , S milne s king j kosch j blake z dawson , L ball did alright so did s baker they have both been out of touch lately but should scrape thru . M gardiner was great in the ruck last nite . Max could also take ottens better than our other defenders ,R clarke was shakey as well last nite. ok we are in the grand final but only a third of the side are playing well it better come together next week

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OMG.

karnaby
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:OMG.
What's that for?

He's not talking much more sh!t than you do at times!

For what little bit my opinion is worth, I seriously doubt that Eddy will be there next week, however his replacement could really be any one of 3 or so players.

In Ross we/I trust.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
groupie1
Club Player

Eddy out, Max in if Cats play 3 rucks (ottens in forward line), otherwise, Geary or Steven in

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Not enough from a few players, Eddy, Schnider and possibly Milne, but dare not drop both Milne & Scnnider.

Armitage gets the ball a lot, Geary & Steven have pace, and Dempster would be solid at half back.

I'd drop Schnider, move Mini into a forward pocket and bring in Armitage. Move Raph to the 3rd forward position and bring in Geary.

Max is unlucky, but Zac and Blake must hold their spot. McEvoy offers a lot more flexability than King, but lacks experience. Gwilt & Jack Steven just miss out.

Sadly four or five blokes are going to miss out.
look what i've found that managed forex

groupie1
Club Player

Toy Saint wrote:Not enough from a few players, Eddy, Schnider and possibly Milne, but dare not drop both Milne & Scnnider.

Armitage gets the ball a lot, Geary & Steven have pace, and Dempster would be solid at half back.

I'd drop Schnider, move Mini into a forward pocket and bring in Armitage. Move Raph to the 3rd forward position and bring in Geary.

Max is unlucky, but Zac and Blake must hold their spot. McEvoy offers a lot more flexability than King, but lacks experience. Gwilt & Jack Steven just miss out.

Sadly four or five blokes are going to miss out.
that's great

drop Schneider and bring in Geary and Amitage.
Where'd you study math?

also, some of you blokes wouldn't know your arses from your f****** elbows. Only reasons you half-wites know Baker played well is coz someone told you he does. He look at stats and make decision regardless of structure. The suggestion Schneider is droppable is laughable. I'm so glad f***-knucjles like you aren't in decision-making positions.

AND... I thought Gilber presented really well tonight. You guys are fair dinkum not very bright. Get an education.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:Sadly four or five blokes are going to miss out.
you're a f****** spammer. mods, can he be banned please?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Milne - Failed to fire again, IMO will be very lucky to keep spot
if milne gets dropped i'll sell all my worldly possessions and move to a nepalese hilltop.

was well held but still kicked one very important goal - in a game where goals were impossible to come by. there's no way you want to lose that goal kicking nous.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saintbob wrote:Milne - Failed to fire again, IMO will be very lucky to keep spot
if milne gets dropped i'll sell all my worldly possessions and move to a nepalese hilltop.

was well held but still kicked one very important goal - in a game where goals were impossible to come by. there's no way you want to lose that goal kicking nous.
agree, but he and schneider and kosi need to do more next week to take some heat off riewoldt.

JABBER
Club Player

changes for next week

a bit early to make a call I still would like to see Dempster come in Eddy and Ball are on shakey ground But i think Ball might get the job on J Selwood

trevor barker
SuperSaint
Club Player

bergholt wrote:

I would not drop Mine now but he has to DO something more substantial in the GF. All his finals performances to date have been poor. Yes, the one goal he kicked last night was an important one in the context of the game but it was a "gimme" goal from a great effort by Goddard. Milne needs to win his own ball convincingly in a Final. He is yet to do that since his first Final in 2004. He already has a reputation as a September failure and that's disapponting as we all know what he's capable of in the Home and Away Season.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

For me there can only be one possible change, Eddy for Dempster or Geary.
Dempster, played more recently, Grnad Final experience.
Geary, probably fitter and bit more creative than Eddy or Dempster.
Milne and Schneider are dangerous small forwards, Schneider is due for a good game.
If they can get 2 goals each next week, they have done well.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
sax
Club Player

Out: R.Eddy (sorry, but really don't think he does enough, only 4 touches)
In: M. Hudghton (if we play Geelong), D. Armitage/J. Geary if we play Pies.

Fish on Mooney
Dawson on resting ruckman
Max on Hawkins
Last edited by sax on Sat 19 Sep 2009 11:09am, edited 1 time in total.

AlpineStars
Club Player

We lacked a bit of pace I would go Geary or Armo.

Wake me up when September ends.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:I would not drop Mine now but he has to DO something more substantial in the GF. All his finals performances to date have been poor. Yes, the one goal he kicked last night was an important one in the context of the game but it was a "gimme" goal from a great effort by Goddard. Milne needs to win his own ball convincingly in a Final. He is yet to do that since his first Final in 2004. He already has a reputation as a September failure and that's disapponting as we all know what he's capable of in the Home and Away Season.
Agreed.

But I think it's important to note that we only had 40 inside 50s, and the majority were scrambled and sloppy. If the ball goes directly to a defender there's nothing he can do. If they're focused on Roo and not looking for his lead, there's nothing he can do. The number of forward line contests that went to crumbs can be counted on two hands, I reckon. One of them was a goal to him, one to Lenny, one to Roo in the last quarter. The rest were cleared by enormous numbers of Dogs.

But you're right that he needs to do more.

saints11
Club Player

Enrico_Misso wrote:Tungatalum ?
Hell Yeah :wink:

ace
Saintsational Legend

Premiership Team

OUT Hawthorn
IN St Kilda

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Max will not play. his skills and fitness will leave him out of the side. the only possible change is Eddy for either geary or Dempster. Still think no change as no one has played for 4 weeks.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sat 19 Sep 2009 2:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlpineStars
Club Player

No changes everyone who was there last night should wear the same clothes and sit in the same seat.

Wake me up when September ends.