Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

raph got crunched big time in front of us
that hurt him, and his knee was sore after that
had to take the tape off from around it to get it to become comfortable they reckon

mullet
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Some dropkicks behind me shouted ''ah it's only Raph'' when he got crunched and looked injured, followed by a ''get off, you dont even deserve to be out there'', and then late in the game ''someone please put him down in the race''... they were bagging Zac all game too.

A split second after Raph took that great goal saving mark in the first someone even yelled "kick it idiot"....

They have no f***ing idea, and they are all a disgrace.
Wow that is unbelievable. I thought Raph and Zac were great last night. Were those people actually watching the game!!!!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

shesh what is wrong with some people :evil:
i though zac mighta looked shakey for a bit but he came good

raph had a fine game

everyone made errors, everyone!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Omen bet of the day Caulfield Race 6 Number 10 RAFFAELLO :wink:

The Peanut
Club Player

mullet wrote:
markp wrote:Some dropkicks behind me shouted ''ah it's only Raph'' when he got crunched and looked injured, followed by a ''get off, you dont even deserve to be out there'', and then late in the game ''someone please put him down in the race''... they were bagging Zac all game too.

A split second after Raph took that great goal saving mark in the first someone even yelled "kick it idiot"....

Wow that is unbelievable. I thought Raph and Zac were great last night. Were those people actually watching the game!!!!!
... When Raph came back after the knee scare I commented to the guy next to me "Raph has come back on"; I was quietly celebrating as one man down would make a fair bit of difference and he was contributing considerably.
"I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing"; he said.

People see what they want to see I reckon ... at the Railway Station I heard a number of conversations from 'the more mature fans' saying that he had a shocker.

"tut tut tut" to many fellow supporters from me ... yeah ... "kick it long!"

Marcus1232
Club Player

Raph made some silly errors early on but he wasnt alone there....

As the game went on he got better and i thought he was great in the last quarter

widereceiver
Club Player

Just missed out on votes from me, he did some very important things and was 6 behind Gram on the clanger count.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
markp
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:

It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad... the only partial excuse you could make for them is that I think it was so tense that a lot of people didn't have any control over what was coming out of their mouths last night... some people were literally screaming gibberish!

derby Street
Club Player

Agree 100% Joffaboy & Mullet - can't stand the whipping boy mentality of so called Saints supporters. Raph makes mistakes - BUT so do everyone else.
Give credit where credit is due for heavens sake.
Get behind the bloody team for the biggest match of our lives :shock:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:Omen bet of the day Caulfield Race 6 Number 10 RAFFAELLO :wink:
Had it as a tip a month ago and it creamed the field. Also got a tip from a track rider about Gold salute in the same race today,so quinella them up. Thinking about having a decent crack at them to try and win $$$'s for a ticket

Bring back the Lockett era
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Thing that impressed me about Raph last night was that even after he coughed it up in the last he kept running to give an option.

I doubt we could've won that game without him in the side.

His run from the back in the last was vital. He backed into packs all game. There was one effort I particularly remember in the first half where he ran with the flight and his eyes didn't deviate once.

He put in a great shift and you could see by his reaction at the end that he knew it and that it meant a lot to him.
Last edited by Beej on Sat 19 Sep 2009 12:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Had it as a tip a month ago and it creamed the field. Also got a tip from a track rider about Gold salute in the same race today,so quinella them up. Thinking about having a decent crack at them to try and win $$$'s for a ticket
Thanks for that and maybe a key box trifecta with the field do ya think :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Raph started slow (not alone there)..but finished very well.

Overall was good and in our better half of players.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 19 Sep 2009 1:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
PJ
SS Life Member

When most were out on their feet in last quarter Raph provided the run, Raph committed to the contest - 100% effort, 100% commitment.

Would also like to add that I thought Bally & Lenny was on the bottom of every pack in that last quarter. Despite the average showing their were some gutsy efforts.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Time to back him.

I thought his heart was as big as Texas or at least Roo's. He got smashed in that marking contest and in the last quarter when it counted he took us through the corridor.

Lay off him and give the guy some confidence fot the biggest game of maybe all of our lives.
this.

Usual knobhead Raph hater in front of me last night. Gram can make six mistakes and not a word - the minute Raph makes one - "You F@@ken hopeless pr!ck CLARKE!!!!". When I asked about gram - not a word.

F***. What do people want from Raph??? He played his guts out last night - backed into a pack and got smashed - still come back on and played a beauty down back.

Nice to hear Finey get stuck into some d**khead flog having a go at Raph last night telling him he knew nothing about football if he wanted to bag Raph and basically told "the Raph haters" (Finey must tune into SS) to get past it and look at his game last night.

You want a player to give their all in finals - Raph is one of them (F*** knows why - the treatment he cops from supposed supporters :roll: :roll: )
I heard the same bloke last night. The one who has been a member for the first time this year.

"Next week, I would omit Clarke".

Finey: "Well you just showed you know nothing about football. Raph was in our best players tonight. Next call."

Great work.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Macau Saint
Club Player

Gave us some run late when everyone else was going up and down in the one spot. For me, its still heart in the mouth stuff when he's got the ball, but some really telling stuff last night

Well played Raph

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Those that bagged Raph last night do not understand footy. They are clearly not supporters of our club and are merely fans. I have always been i supporter of Raph i think he works his butt off and yes he does moments of poor skill and make errors but unlike other players when things are going against him he does not give in and continues to work.

Keep up the improvement Raph.
Soak it all up next week and grow with the experience to be the player i know you can be.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

He scares the bejesus out of me too but you have to admit he is pretty brave and takes the game on

Munga
Saintsational Legend

took some absolutely CRUCIAL contested marks, 3 on 1 at one stage. If he didn't mark that we were gone

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
jackal
Club Player

That was a huge mark that he took when Roo switched play. If he had dropped that we were in deep shite. In the end his kick missed a target but it gave us time to get players back and stop the potential goal. Huge play

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Saints Idiot in front of me was bagging Raph all night and saying to his Bulldogs mates that his brain's too slow.
At one stage he said "kick it Raph, you're making us nervous". As if anyone cares if he's nervous.

Great game Raph. Premiership medal next week.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ThomasR
Club Player

Munga wrote:took some absolutely CRUCIAL contested marks, 3 on 1 at one stage. If he didn't mark that we were gone
4 on 1 I reckon, certain goal had he not marked that. Most likely would have been the game, massive moment

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Hope you didn't have a crack Mullet. Gold Salute stayed in the barriers....

Raff charged home and finished 3rd..

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
mullet wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Should have got on turffontein. Nice little win. i think you will get your money back for Gold Salute.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
mullet wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Should have got on turffontein. Nice little win. i think you will get your money back for Gold Salute.
Oh well its lucky that I dont put the house on my bets :oops: