GODDARD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saintjake wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Put him up forward NOW. I also see a lot of Buckley in him, but, given that he's 2 inches+ taller than him, I also see him playing the role Hird played. Given how many inside 50's we had on the weekend, it's hard to see us losing if he'd spent most of the day in the forward line. He'd could dominate up forward at least as much as S Johnson does.
Lets not forget, he's the same height as Plugger, 2 inches taller than Brereton and G Ablett Senior, an inch taller than Dunstall and Hird and just a centimetre shorter than Roo, Carey and Chris Grant. He's the "tall forward" we need. Get someone else doing his current job, even Dal. It would be worth it.
Call me crazy, but i still think Raph should be the one to take over his midfield duty's....He does look out of sorts at times in the backline, but get Raph on the wing and i think we might have a goer
i agree with this one to, raph is a very smooth mover, and suprisingly has some speed, get him out into the open, where he can run and he could be dangerous.
I agree too. I wouldn't put him in the middle, but the wing is the area I think he's best suited to on the ground, at least until he gets his confidence back/up. He can be really bad news down back, but on the wings, with less stress, I think he could really flourish.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

There are only ever a few players I have seen who wear their heart on their sleeve. I saw it with Maxie first with my own eyes and knew we had someone special in our midst, a person who bled the colours of the club. I have no doubt in my mind that Goddard is also another one of these style of players! Gutsy, ruthless for perfection and a true soldier for the Saints! If you only had one choice of having someone back you up for the cost of your life, you'd certainly have no reservations about chosing BJ! Absolute champion!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
PJ
SS Life Member

easily our second most important player - behind ROO

Code: Select all

Sorry you're sadly mistaken - Lenny 

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
saintjake
Club Player

PJ wrote:
easily our second most important player - behind ROO

Code: Select all

Sorry you're sadly mistaken - Lenny 
no, i thought of lenny, but he does the same thing everyweek
the same BRILLIANT, AMAZING THING
but with Goddard, he does EVERYTHING
sets up so much play.
maybe he and lenny are on par

PJ
SS Life Member

sets up so much play.
BJ is developing and an outstanding use of the ball (future superstar) but Lenny dragged St.Kilda back in that GF when we started by going 2 goals down, his work rate is staggering. BJ has more skill but lenny put simply is at present awesome.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
saintjake
Club Player

PJ wrote:
sets up so much play.
BJ is developing and an outstanding use of the ball (future superstar) but Lenny dragged St.Kilda back in that GF when we started by going 2 goals down, his work rate is staggering. BJ has more skill but lenny put simply is at present awesome.
mhm solid point PJ
i conceed.

Mooksy
Club Player

I really think he should play more up forward. He is one of those classic players you wish you had 2 or 3 of. Thank God we have him and Carlton don't. Awesome footballer.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

im on record. check my posts from 2008. BJ is our next skipper. end of story for me.

win the flag in 2010. riewoldt to GC17 for 2 top 10 pics. BJ skipper. everyone wins.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

He does have "Captain" written all over him.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.