How about this?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

xander
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Super post.

Daisy as a Saint makes me feel vaguely vomitous...but the possibility is there...Gawd...

I
No way :evil:
besides he'd probably get scared of Goddard :lol:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

If Brock McLean is worth a 1st rounder Luke Ball is worth 2 players in the top 10 !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

claystreet
Club Player

xander wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Super post.

Daisy as a Saint makes me feel vaguely vomitous...but the possibility is there...Gawd...

I
No way :evil:
besides he'd probably get scared of Goddard :lol:
Daisy is a pillow with a handbag pleeez your making me crook

sax
Club Player

Pick 14! That's it! If they don't like it flower off and we'll deal with someone else. We then trade pick 16 and a player (Goose, L. Fisher, whoever) to Carlton for Fev.
Ball was on $600k per year, Carlton have said they'll pay some of Fev's salary if the deal's right, should be able to fit him under the cap now!!!!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:Pick 14! That's it! If they don't like it flower off and we'll deal with someone else. We then trade pick 16 and a player (Goose, L. Fisher, whoever) to Carlton for Fev.
Ball was on $600k per year, Carlton have said they'll pay some of Fev's salary if the deal's right, should be able to fit him under the cap now!!!!
That's already going to Sydney for Jolly.

claystreet
Club Player

I mentioned on another thread about Fev i could cuite warm to a Coleman medalist behaving himself and kicking 80 or 90

sax
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
sax wrote:Pick 14! That's it! If they don't like it flower off and we'll deal with someone else. We then trade pick 16 and a player (Goose, L. Fisher, whoever) to Carlton for Fev.
Is that a DONE DEAL is it??
If it is, give us Harry O and a 3rd rounder! We'll still trade for Fev!!
Last edited by sax on Mon 05 Oct 2009 9:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

No but they need Jolly more than Ball if it comes down to it.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood have f*** all.

And they will trade like arseholes.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
xander
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
Is that all they are offering? If it is i'd be shocked if sydney accepted it. Jolly is clearly worth at least 2 Pick 14s.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

ausfatcat wrote:No but they need Jolly more than Ball if it comes down to it.
If they've offered Bally $500K, they might disagree with you. Remember, Mick isn't the world's biggest fan of ruckmen.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
snippa
Club Player

Serious suggestion here

Pies want Jolly and Ball

So say pick 14 and Cox or or Dawes for Jolly and sydney's third round pick

Then pies use sydney's third and their second and third to Saints for Ball .

Saints on trade pies second and third to Eagles for Ben McKinley

Thoughts?

I am the king of the divan
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The next few days will show if Collingwood wants Luke Ball as much as Luke Ball wants Collingwood

The Pies are notoriously unrealistic traders...they always want the world and are prepared to give bugger-all in return. They'll play the OP card and offer a third round pick. We'll play the Top 3 draft pick and ex-captain card and want Dayne Beams and Harry O'Brien

Lets hope the final outcome is closer to the second scenario than the first!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

For this draft most clubs will be after quality not quantity in draft picks. So a 2nd and 3rd round probably wont do it for MckINLEY
Last edited by ausfatcat on Mon 05 Oct 2009 9:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

xander wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
Is that all they are offering? If it is i'd be shocked if sydney accepted it. Jolly is clearly worth at least 2 Pick 14s.
Don't be surprised if we end up with Jolly.

sax
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:
xander wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
Don't be surprised if we end up with Jolly.
3-way

Ball to Collingwood
Pick 14 to Sydney
Jolly to Saints!

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

sax wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
Is that a DONE DEAL is it??
If it is, give us Harry O and a 3rd rounder! We'll still trade for Fev!!
Far from done... Sydney actually think pick 14 is not enough (Jolly is still in contract so they can play hardball)... whether that means that Pies will back out or not, time will tell... But Ball is definately moving... Jolly is still suspicious

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I believe we should demand a top 10 pick and a reasonable player under 23yo for Bally. How the filth obtain the pick to deal with I don't care !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Richter
SS Life Member

Crikey, I'd take Dale Thomas for Luke Ball in a heartbeat. Won't happen though.

Whilst I'd love to be able to say that LB is worth a first rounder, I don't think he actually warrants it these days.

Will all come down to how desperate the pies are to have him. If the best we can get from them is a 2nd round pick - rather than a player or 3-way - then I'd rather let him go into the PSD than get stung by the pies.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
sax
Club Player

How about this???

Luke Ball to Collingwood,
Our Pick 32 to Carlton,
Pies Pick 14 to Carlton,
Fev to Saints!!!! :D

vacuous space
SS Life Member

If Brock McLean is worth pick 11 in this draft, surely Luke Ball's worth at least pick 14, if not more. Since Collingwood are unlikely to part with players like Dick, Sidebottom and Beams, what else have they got to offer?

Jared Blight - Utility from Swan Districts (WA). Hasn't played a game. Turns 19 in January. Don't know much about him, but apparently we were keen to look at him at last year's WA state screening.

Nathan J. Brown - Highly touted key defender who couldn't keep his spot as the year progressed. Turns 21 in December. Probably not needed with the emergence of Zac Dawson.

Ben Reid - Taken the pick before Armitage in 2006. Very athletic tall who struggles with his kicking. Don't see a fit there.

Luke Rounds - Pick 46 last year. Midfielder from the Geelong Falcons. Turns 19 in Feb. Not sure how he went this year in the VFL. Didn't play an AFL game. Is very quick and has a huge tank.

So there's not a lot in the way of kids. Fringe players like Goldsack and Dawes aren't exactly what we want either. They're probably going to want to hold onto their core group.

The only way I can see this one working out is if Sydney will take, say, Brown and Reid for Jolly, leaving the pick for us. Pick 14 and, say, Rounds, might not be ideal, but it may be the best we can get. Indeed, given Luke's history it might be better than any offer we get.

I just can't shake the feeling we're going to get screwed on this one.

EDIT: Removed Dyas since he's gone home.
Last edited by vacuous space on Mon 05 Oct 2009 10:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Crikey, I'd take Dale Thomas for Luke Ball in a heartbeat. Won't happen though.
I think youve been smoking stuff again - last night you told us Josh Fraser was a ruckman....even my Collingwood mates laugh at that FFS...

"dAISY" is just that. Goes missing and is defensively spastic.

NO thanks

Also I cant believe some posters are suggesting a 179cm Medhurst is "just what we need for a third talkl fwd option"....frk me he was DROPPED for finals as his form was so woeful and has played 1 good year....

Collingwood have little for us that they WILL trade Im afraid.

“Yeah….nah””
claystreet
Club Player

The thought of Medhurst scares me, just another head on a stick

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:Kevin Dyas - Irish lad who turns 22 later this month. Currently on the Pies rookie list. Supposedly skilled. VFL followers might know a bit more.
Dyas has retired - he's going home.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:Dyas has retired - he's going home.
Thanks. Corrected my post.