The Best Saints from Tasmania.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I believe Nick Reiwald played for Tasmania as a Junior, under 14 or so.

Elvis
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Frankie wrote:What about Matthew Young? Played over 90 games for us and was originally from Launceston. Couple of years there where he was quite handy.
Anyone know where Matty Young was recruited from?
St Pats...

There was also

Graeme Kettle - Sth Launceston
Brett Jeffrey - Latrobe
excellent

Elvis
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I believe Nick Reiwald played for Tasmania as a Junior, under 14 or so.
who is Nick Riewald?

Nick Riewoldt moved to Queensland when he was 9, so it must been quite a commute to play in Tasmania! :lol:

He played his junior footy at Broadbeach then Southport.

Finna
Club Player

Reiwoldt ??

FraserGehrig
Club Player

Elvis wrote:
Frankie wrote:What about Matthew Young? Played over 90 games for us and was originally from Launceston. Couple of years there where he was quite handy.
I'm pretty sure he went to Glen Dhu Primary for primary school as I also went there

Elvis
Club Player

Finna wrote:Reiwoldt ??
read the reply above you Finna

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

FraserGehrig wrote:
Elvis wrote:
I'm pretty sure he went to Glen Dhu Primary for primary school as I also went there
I'm sure he played with St Pats, he might have played with City South/South Launceston. I'll check with a guy who knows him tomorrow.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
Elvis
Club Player

FraserGehrig wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Thanks Fraser, nice work

Elvis
Club Player

Launcestonsaint wrote:
FraserGehrig wrote:
Elvis wrote:
I'm sure he played with St Pats, he might have played with City South/South Launceston. I'll check with a guy who knows him tomorrow.
Fantastic Launceston Saint...you just officially became a chief selector!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Elvis wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:
FraserGehrig wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Mate, I told you earlier that Young played for St Pats

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
FraserGehrig
Club Player

Launcestonsaint wrote:
FraserGehrig wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Yeah he probably did go to St.Pats for high school. Glen Dhu is only a primary school so he might have gone to St.Pats after Glen Dhu

saintjake
Club Player

mitch thorp:)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:mitch thorp:)
So you are suggesting that the Saints may select Mitch Thorp ??

Maybe try a new thread on that, because ATM he is not a Saint

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:
FraserGehrig wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Humblest apologies St Fid I didn't notice your earlier post. If I had I wouldnt have made the post that I did.
I wasn't sure if Matthew played with City South/South Launceston or not, that is why I was going to check tomorrow.
You've cleared this up so again my apologies.
Last edited by Launcestonsaint on Tue 03 Nov 2009 8:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Launcestonsaint wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:
FraserGehrig wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Humblest apologies St Fid I didn't notice your earlier post. If I had I wouldnt have made the post that I did.
I wasn't sure if Matthew played with City South/South Launceston or not, that is why I was going to check tomorrow.
Mate, by all means check it out anyway, just to confirm it :wink:

Elvis
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:
FraserGehrig wrote:
Elvis wrote:
awww... you have just been awarded co-chief selector status too St.Fid, welcome aboard. :wink:

I did read the St Pats tip but it was lost in the hustle and bustle of the school morning. Damn those Year 9's are feral at the moment!

Likely move is Matty Young to Half Back Flank and Allan Scott to the pine, pushing someone else off. What do you think?

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member

Elvis wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Jodie Arnol?
I think you're onto something Mr Magic! 8-)
Jody Arnol 1990-91 (13) North Hobart

hotdish
Club Player

Kurt Heazlewood (0 games)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Who the hell is Darrell Bonney?

John Bonney played for St Kilda from '67 till '76, he wore No. 1.
You're a bit of grumpy bum tonight, BS.

Elvis put a lot of effort in to that post.

Cup eve drinks?:wink:
No, just asking a question and providing an answer.

Just as an aside Milan Faletic used to live next door to me.

And I do appreciate the effort put in by the king.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
TassieJones
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
saintbrat wrote:you've left out one Major player- a current landowner and Born tasmanian

would fit Half forward and be captain of an all australian team very easily :wink:
He never played in Tassie.
bulls***, my mates brother played juniors against him. Used to play for Sandy Bay (not to a very high level obviously).

Btw he's stated in interviews that he's as Tasmanian as he is a Queenslander. So yeah he'd be one of the first picked for this team.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

TassieJones wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
saintbrat wrote:you've left out one Major player- a current landowner and Born tasmanian

would fit Half forward and be captain of an all australian team very easily :wink:
bulls***, my mates brother played juniors against him. Used to play for Sandy Bay (not to a very high level obviously).

Btw he's stated in interviews that he's as Tasmanian as he is a Queenslander. So yeah he'd be one of the first picked for this team.
Happy to have him listed as a Tasmanian footballer.

I played a game for some team in Stanley in the 1950s while on holidays, does that make me a Tasmanian footballer?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
TassieJones
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
TassieJones wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

I played a game for some team in Stanley in the 1950s while on holidays, does that make me a Tasmanian footballer?
If you were born here, grew up here for a decade (reckon he might have played more than 1 game thoogh) and consider yourself Tasmanian then sure!

I don't think you played footy for the Saints though, so not sure you'll be making the st kilda-tasmanian team of the century mate, unlucky :lol:

Elvis
Club Player

TassieJones wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
TassieJones wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

If you were born here, grew up here for a decade (reckon he might have played more than 1 game thoogh) and consider yourself Tasmanian then sure!

I don't think you played footy for the Saints though, so not sure you'll be making the st kilda-tasmanian team of the century mate, unlucky :lol:
Sheesh, great points TJ and not disagreeing but again it is a criteria based team as have been the other three that I have posted. The criteria is that you have to have been recruited directly from a Tasmanian club.

It is not a state of origin team! We'll settle this by appointing Nick as coach just to keep you born and breds happy! :wink:

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:
FraserGehrig wrote:
Elvis wrote:
Mate, by all means check it out anyway, just to confirm it :wink:
You were right St Fid according to the guy I know. This bloke actually coached Matthew at St Pats.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Launcestonsaint wrote: You were right St Fid according to the guy I know. This bloke actually coached Matthew at St Pats.
Thanks mate.

He would have to be in the side the OP has posted considering he was runner up in the B & F in one year