Thanks Luke....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mooksy
Club Player

Thanks Luke....

....for 3 out of 8 serviceable years of football.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

And to think they bypassed Judd and Bartel, now 2 premiership players

Another opportunity awaits!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Crap post. thanks Luke for 8 years of trying your heart out for the club. Its a pity injury got to you and now you see the only way of hopefully ensuring a game is to leave. good luck.

Milton66
SS Life Member

What's all the fuss? There's been less talented players who have also bled for this club. Where's their fanfare?

What about the ones who took 20c in the dollar to keep the club afloat???

Real men of character.

Luke shmuke. He's gone... move on.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
S.A Saint
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:What's all the fuss? There's been less talented players who have also bled for this club. Where's their fanfare?

Real men of character.

100% agree

Milton66
SS Life Member

S.A Saint wrote:
Milton66 wrote:What's all the fuss? There's been less talented players who have also bled for this club. Where's their fanfare?

Real men of character.

100% agree
And I 100% agree with your avatar. :D

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saintlee
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Crap post. thanks Luke for 8 years of trying your heart out for the club. Its a pity injury got to you and now you see the only way of hopefully ensuring a game is to leave. good luck.
I'm with you on this one plugger.....I find all this LB bashing a bit over the top...he literally bled for the Saints, and I won't let his leaving take away from the years of service he gave the club....

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

plugger66 wrote:Crap post. thanks Luke for 8 years of trying your heart out for the club. Its a pity injury got to you and now you see the only way of hopefully ensuring a game is to leave. good luck.
he was offered a contract to stay with St kilda - he also played in the finals.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote: I'm with you on this one plugger.....I find all this LB bashing a bit over the top...he literally bled for the Saints, and I won't let his leaving take away from the years of service he gave the club....
it's a 2 way street .. the club has served him very well too and didn't stop serving him - in fact wanted him to stay .
So it was his choice to turn his back on the club.

saintlee
Club Player

samoht wrote:
saintlee wrote: I'm with you on this one plugger.....I find all this LB bashing a bit over the top...he literally bled for the Saints, and I won't let his leaving take away from the years of service he gave the club....
it's a 2 way street .. the club has served him very well too and didn't stop serving him - in fact wanted him to stay .
So it was his choice to turn his back on the club.
Not denying that, but not sure the LB bashing is warrented either....just a pity we got nothing in return for him leaving....

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Real men of character.

100% agree
It's agreeing with me also :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Real men of character.

That's right.

Bang on the money, especially with the players like Barks who took 22.4c in the dollar. Barks went even further and donated the car he won for a B & F one year back to the club so they could sell it for cash.

The Saints are coming!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Three out of eight seasons is a more than generous summation of a totally underwhelming career given the guy was such a high pick.

How on earth can that be controversial?

Are you the guy's dad or something?

Fair dinkum...

Sure he might have tried, but then so did Aaron Fiora.

Of course there's a gulf between those two players, but fact is both ran on plenty of talk with not a whole heap of show.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

saintlee wrote:
I'm with you on this one plugger.....I find all this LB bashing a bit over the top...he literally bled for the Saints, and I won't let his leaving take away from the years of service he gave the club....
I'm with both of you on this :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Milton66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Real men of character.

100% agree
good god who is that??

samoht
Saintsational Legend

Ball undeniably bled for the saints .. (literally and visibly shed blood as in past tense).

But a true saint player continues to bleed metaphorically speaking also - doesn't turn his back when he's being offered a contract.

Past one team players like Neil Roberts continue to bleed for the saints - not in the past tense - they would never turn their backs on the club.
Last edited by samoht on Tue 10 Nov 2009 6:40pm, edited 6 times in total.

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

It's not so much that he has left the club that is the problem...although disappointing, it will open up opportunities for others and will eventually strengthen the side. anyone should have the right to leave anywhere..

It's the very messy way he went about it...he has actually screwed the club by his recent actions...the act of a very angry and disgruntled man.

It is certainly not a win for St.Kilda in the sense of getting some fair draft pick for him in return, and it is no big win for him either, even should he land at Collingwood by sleight of hand; for he is now damaged goods in the character sense now. Not the worst by a long, long way...but his conduct of this is not what we expected of him

S.A Saint
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

Real men of character.

100% agree
good god who is that??
some things are best not shared ;)..nahh its adriana lime

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Adrianna Lima

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

So what you're saying is that he's not good enough to get a game at St Kilda. In saying that St Kilda was reasonable in offering the estimated 300k wfich is probably 50k over his real worth. It's a numbers game isn't it. If he can get 500k somewhere else then he should go for it.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
saintlee wrote:
I'm with both of you on this...

+1

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
saintlee wrote:
I'm with both of you on this...

+1
x -1

ace
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:

Real men of character.

That's right.

Bang on the money, especially with the players like Barks who took 22.4c in the dollar. Barks went even further and donated the car he won for a B & F one year back to the club so they could sell it for cash.
Luke Ball banked more money from St Kilda in one year than Trevor Barker did in his entire career.
Barker bled for the club, Ball bled for the money.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Three out of eight seasons is a more than generous summation of a totally underwhelming career given the guy was such a high pick.

Fair dinkum...

Of course there's a gulf between those two players, but fact is both ran on plenty of talk with not a whole heap of show.
I could just about bet you have sung his praises for most of those years but now he is gone his career just wasnt good enough. Im not his Dad but I respect him as a player. Funny enough i got abused earlier this year for saying he was good average overpaid player which by the way isnt his fault and i was abused for having a go at Bally. how the wheel turns.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Fair dinkum...

I could just about bet you have sung his praises for most of those years but now he is gone his career just wasnt good enough. Im not his Dad but I respect him as a player. Funny enough i got abused earlier this year for saying he was good average overpaid player which by the way isnt his fault and i was abused for having a go at Bally. how the wheel turns.
Nah plugger, you get abused for just being you! :)