Auction awareness

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Auction awareness

I recently picked up my framed moorabbin remembered print that was auctioned on the Saints auction site ,,

Description:
The Club released 1000 of these fantastic sports prints featuring a panoramic photo of Moorabbin's last ever home and away match.
We held on to a few to get framed, and now offer them as an online auction item.
We have 10 of them to sell as a framed version.
This is a great piece, and looks amazing framed. If you missed out on the initial poster, which sold out within two weeks, here's your chance to place your bid.
This is #1 of 10

Now ,, i didnt get number 1 but instead number 4 ,, upon picking it up ,, i wasn't concerned at the cheapness , rubbish plastic frame but was somewhat dismayed at the fact that there is nothing saying i got number 4 of 1000 . If i had of bid the extra money to get number 1 and found out there were no markings whatsoever I really would have been upset.

So , anytime you are bidding on an auction where they may say number ? of ? ,, just make sure that it is numbered. It didnt actually say on mine that it was a numbered piece marked on the item ,, but i surely assumed it was . I do feel somewhat annoyed at this.

What will be next from this club ?
GrumpyOne

Unfortunately our club seems to have developed the "cheap and nasty" approach to our supporter base which compares unfavourably to what other clubs are doing.

I hark back to the totally underwhelming experience I endured at player sponsor day.

We are all committed Sainters and extremely unlikely to change allegiences, but the continueing stance of serving up shite to supporters has got to be a poor long-term strategy in developing a future supporter base.

BonoRocks
Club Player

like these guys, clearly marked no 1 of 30 for both of them, not cheap and nasty either

na in all seriousness, anyone interested please just contact me. I paid $1100 for both, thats all i want in return. Ive moved house and dont have the set up I did before and they are just sitting in a wardrobe doing nothing so thought id try move them on to someone who would appreciate them

Thanks Brad

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... :MESELX:IT

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I seriously don't know why they didn't produce a limited edition colour print with a decent frame.

I know the Club mentioned to me that the photo was being repaired and maybe it was either too far gone for colour or it was just a black and white photo.

In any case I did alert the Club that a poster on this site had a original colour negative taken from the same vantage point (scoreboard), but I just got a cold response.

:roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

As a club we seem to be getting some things right - which I am very happy about, and long overdue - but clearly we have some way to go.

The club needs to embrace the fans. We are a not a nuisance; we are the club.

Funnily enough, if the club valued its members more highly, we'd start to produce better member numbers. You hear about the way members are treated at other clubs and, well, there's a lot to be desired.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

GrumpyOne

evertonfc wrote:As a club we seem to be getting some things right - which I am very happy about, and long overdue - but clearly we have some way to go.

The club needs to embrace the fans. We are a not a nuisance; we are the club.

Funnily enough, if the club valued its members more highly, we'd start to produce better member numbers. You hear about the way members are treated at other clubs and, well, there's a lot to be desired.
Very true Ev.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

GrumpyOne wrote:Unfortunately our club seems to have developed the "cheap and nasty" approach to our supporter base which compares unfavourably to what other clubs are doing.

I hark back to the totally underwhelming experience I endured at player sponsor day.

We are all committed Sainters and extremely unlikely to change allegiences, but the continueing stance of serving up shite to supporters has got to be a poor long-term strategy in developing a future supporter base.
Like that horrendous members only, Harvey tribute DVD. Whoever made that needs to do a decent video editing and DVD authoring course. Had he played for the Blues, Bombers, Pies or Hawks, they would have released a professionally produced, 90 minute documentary on DVD.

The supporters and our great champ deserved so much better.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

SydneySainter wrote: Like that horrendous members only, Harvey tribute DVD. Whoever made that needs to do a decent video editing and DVD authoring course. Had he played for the Blues, Bombers, Pies or Hawks, they would have released a professionally produced, 90 minute documentary on DVD.

How much did you pay for that?

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti23 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote: Like that horrendous members only, Harvey tribute DVD. Whoever made that needs to do a decent video editing and DVD authoring course. Had he played for the Blues, Bombers, Pies or Hawks, they would have released a professionally produced, 90 minute documentary on DVD.

I would have happily paid $35 if they released a proper DVD

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
GrumpyOne

SydneySainter wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:

I would have happily paid $35 if they released a proper DVD
Everything Harvs did was top class..... pity the club couldn't respond accordingly.

GreatNo9s
Club Player

For the record the Harvey DVD was made by the AFL's video licensee VEG
and the Moorabbin poster was made by the AFL's memorabilia licensee, ESP.

I bought 3 of the posters and apart from a typo the quality of the poster is very good. Not sure if you remember that it cost a mere $25. In my view the Club should have charged at least $10 more

Can't remember the DVD but I didnt think it was that bad...

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
Top4King
Club Player

i can understand the OP's frustration but they're not art. memorabilia is technically memorabilia and NOT art.

Sunday Red
Club Player

GreatNo9s wrote:For the record the Harvey DVD was made by the AFL's video licensee VEG
Bingo.

AKAIK, the club has little to no control over these productions.

Both VEG and ESP and money printing divisions of the AFL.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

GreatNo9s wrote:For the record the Harvey DVD was made by the AFL's video licensee VEG

I bought 3 of the posters and apart from a typo the quality of the poster is very good. Not sure if you remember that it cost a mere $25. In my view the Club should have charged at least $10 more

Can't remember the DVD but I didnt think it was that bad...
I know the members only 2007 highlights DVD was made by VEG, but I believe the Harvey DVD was produced by the membership department. Obviously, without being involved or knowing someone in the membership department, I can't be sure.

Look, I understand that the DVD was a free bonus for early bird members and it was good incentive for current members, but I still would have liked a more in-depth DVD tribute to Harvey and there would have been plenty of fans who would have shelled out the coin for it. But, that's just me.

ace
Saintsational Legend

[quote="GreatNo9s"]For the record the Harvey DVD was made by the AFL's video licensee VEG
and the Moorabbin poster was made by the AFL's memorabilia licensee, ESP./quote]

BUT Plugger wrote that the AFL is the best.

I would give you a reference to a post but he has written it so many times I get confused. :?

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

GreatNo9s wrote:Can't remember the DVD but I didnt think it was that bad...
Can't remember it, but I didn't think it was that bad?

If you can't remember it, how the canal would you know if it was good or bad?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Top4King wrote:i can understand the OP's frustration but they're not art. memorabilia is technically memorabilia and NOT art.

No ,, i don't think you do with that comment .

As I said , I was only annoyed at the fact that there were 10 out of a thousand framed items and were numbered 1 of 1000 , 2 of 1000 , 3 of 1000 etc on the auction site ,, feel free to go to the site and check it out ,,, all there in past auctions.

I thought about number 1 but it was already higher priced ,, numbers 9 and 10 went for considerably less ,, now remember the auction was all at the same time for the ten pieces ,,,

i of course as i mentioned wrongly assumed they were numbered pieces ,, i mean who wouldn't ??? right ,, but no ,, they weren't . Like i said ,I would have been pissed if i had of bought #1 at top dollar only to find it was exactly the same as #10 which was a fraction of the cost.

I did send an email to the shop as well ,, but as per normal from the club ,, nothing ,, nada , zip ,,,

Was it Fast Forward that used to do a scetch called "pissweak world" ??

So Top4King ,, it wasn't about the print ,, i liked it , it was about the way it was done on the site for the 10 pieces and the cheap nasty pissweak frame.

What will be next from this club ?
GrumpyOne

VietNam_Saint wrote:
Top4King wrote:i can understand the OP's frustration but they're not art. memorabilia is technically memorabilia and NOT art.

No ,, i don't think you do with that comment .

As I said , I was only annoyed at the fact that there were 10 out of a thousand framed items and were numbered 1 of 1000 , 2 of 1000 , 3 of 1000 etc on the auction site ,, feel free to go to the site and check it out ,,, all there in past auctions.

I thought about number 1 but it was already higher priced ,, numbers 9 and 10 went for considerably less ,, now remember the auction was all at the same time for the ten pieces ,,,

i of course as i mentioned wrongly assumed they were numbered pieces ,, i mean who wouldn't ??? right ,, but no ,, they weren't . Like i said ,I would have been pissed if i had of bought #1 at top dollar only to find it was exactly the same as #10 which was a fraction of the cost.

I did send an email to the shop as well ,, but as per normal from the club ,, nothing ,, nada , zip ,,,

Was it Fast Forward that used to do a scetch called "pissweak world" ??

So Top4King ,, it wasn't about the print ,, i liked it , it was about the way it was done on the site for the 10 pieces and the cheap nasty pissweak frame.
Agreed.

It had effall to do with art and everything to do with being ripped off by the club YET AGAIN.

I feel for you VS. :(