Membership Confusion, Help Please...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LennyBoy
Club Player

Membership Confusion, Help Please...

I'm really confused about my membership for Season 2010, after getting told two completely different things today by the club. The same happened last year.

Can somebody please clarify....

If I purchase my AFL Membership ( St Kilda Club Support) with a social club saints membership will this allow me to book and sit in the social club with other saints using 11 game memberships.

Or in addition to the above do I need to also buy a 11 game membership (like I did last year). The club has told me in one case yes I should do this, then 5 minutes later no I don't need this product.

Can someone please confirm I am sure there are other people in this situation, and I do not want to miss out in sitting in the sc for next year.

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Wow, been stressing about the same situation.

The last three years I have purchased an 11 game Stk membership with social club.....And an AFL silver membership.

I have contacted the club twice to understand fully if I can solely piggy back my social club status off my solver membership. Twice they have said it is fine, with exactly the same benefits.

But, after two days of stressing - I decided to keep them separate, over expensing my package by $180 odd. Yeh the money goes to the club - but im not one to simply donate my hard earned. Its only for piece of mind, two organisations working in tandem makes me nervous.

Nutshell - You can without the extra 11 game membership, and im just stupid and paranoid! :D

LennyBoy
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Wow, been stressing about the same situation.

The last three years I have purchased an 11 game Stk membership with social club.....And an AFL silver membership.

I have contacted the club twice to understand fully if I can solely piggy back my social club status off my solver membership. Twice they have said it is fine, with exactly the same benefits.

But, after two days of stressing - I decided to keep them separate, over expensing my package by $180 odd. Yeh the money goes to the club - but im not one to simply donate my hard earned. Its only for piece of mind, two organisations working in tandem makes me nervous.
It's really unprofessional by the club when in person within 5 mins you are told two different things. Why not just say you don't know rather than guessing...

Today they told me to purchase a sc only membership and no 11 game. The girl said "you are guaranteed entry with your afl membership, and with your sc membership on top it will allow to book for the sc for saints home games. You would be wasting your money purchasing a 11 game membership in addition to this"

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
Royston
Club Player

AFL membership with St Kilda support + social club membership is fine.

Can either book a seat in the AFL reserve OR a seat in the Saints social club allocation (Rows 19 - 21 for memory?)

You do not need to purchase a seperate, individual 11 / 16 game Saints membership.

saintrod
Club Player

I was also tossing up getting a silver membership and retaining my existing social club membership but what stopped me taking up the silver membership was that I was told by the club that if I did this I would not have access to social club GF tickets if we made it through to the GF.

I was told that I would need to access GF tickets from the AFL reserve and in reality you can't get access to AFL reserve GF tickets unless you have full (ie not silver) membership.

I was advised that the only way I could get access to social club GF tickets was to also buy a separate 11 game membership.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintrod wrote:I was also tossing up getting a silver membership and retaining my existing social club membership but what stopped me taking up the silver membership was that I was told by the club that if I did this I would not have access to social club GF tickets if we made it through to the GF.

I was told that I would need to access GF tickets from the AFL reserve and in reality you can't get access to AFL reserve GF tickets unless you have full (ie not silver) membership.

I was advised that the only way I could get access to social club GF tickets was to also buy a separate 11 game membership.

Incorrect as far as I know.

My investigation found that this is only the case for full members. As silver members can't obtain tickets before the social club access regardless, you are automatically put in the social club allocation.

Very interesting to hear these comments thou. You obviously spoke to the club?

Im feeling better for keep them separate, even though technically its the wrong decision. Stressed over it for ages, then got to the point of if im like this now, image later in the year. And separate it was.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I'm not in the situation as described by LennyBoy, but I know that the only person in teh membership department who's advice I would trust completely since Kylie left is Ben Hall the Membership Manager.

And that's who I would call/email about this just to make sure.

saintrod
Club Player

I did speak to the club and assumed that I was getting accurate information as the person I was speaking to seemed very sure of what he was saying as I questioned him about it several times.

Of course that does not mean I was not given the wrong answer and I might raise the matter more formally with the club next year to confirm in writing what their actual policy is in relation to AFL silver memberships and access to social club GF seat allocations.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

Royston wrote:AFL membership with St Kilda support + social club membership is fine.

Can either book a seat in the AFL reserve OR a seat in the Saints social club allocation (Rows 19 - 21 for memory?)

You do not need to purchase a seperate, individual 11 / 16 game Saints membership.
This is the same information I received when I rang the club prior to cancelling my 11 game membership/deductions. I retained my SC membership & this has been deducted from my CC & have obtained an AFL membership with STKFC club support which has also begun to be deducted from my CC.

I am absolutely positive that you can't just "buy" a SC membership (even before the allotment was full) so would expect to have all SC privileges available including GF ticket access as part of the 11,500 (or whatever number) allotment.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

saintrod wrote:I did speak to the club and assumed that I was getting accurate information as the person I was speaking to seemed very sure of what he was saying as I questioned him about it several times.

Of course that does not mean I was not given the wrong answer and I might raise the matter more formally with the club next year to confirm in writing what their actual policy is in relation to AFL silver memberships and access to social club GF seat allocations.
GF ticket (& yes there is a difference)

Richter
SS Life Member

saintrod wrote:I was also tossing up getting a silver membership and retaining my existing social club membership but what stopped me taking up the silver membership was that I was told by the club that if I did this I would not have access to social club GF tickets if we made it through to the GF.

I have had AFL silver membership for 4 years. Last year I decided to join up as a Saints social club member. I did not buy a separate 11 game membership as the AFL silver with St Kilda club support gives EXACTLY the same benefits as a 11/16 game membership (+ the extra benefits of AFL silver membership).

I accessed a ticket to the GF through my Saints social club membership.

However, as soon as I graduate to full AFL membership, then I will no longer gain access to the Saints Social Club GF allocation as I will get access to the GF via my AFL membership.

Capiche?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
VietNam_Saint
Club Player

The Service OUR Club provides is absolute CRAP !!!!!!

Short of having a recurring membership , try renewing from overseas ,,, F*** me wot a bunch of wankers ,, you cant do it online , theres some crap that throws it out once you put in o/s details ,, phoned 3 times and got automated crap that threw me out ,, thats calling form o/s ,,, after another few attempts and 6 minutes on hold listening to being told how flamin important my call is ,, i finally get someone . So ,,I am re- signed.

I am however surprised that the guy i spoke to was Australian ,, I don't suppose it'll be long before we are using a jingly call centre to do this.

Oh and the response i got from my "numbered auction piece"' NIL NADA ZIP NOTHING.

Thank christ the teams had some great results ,, otherwise this shambles of a company would have long folded ,,,

END OF RANT ------- for the moment

What will be next from this club ?
sainter35
Club Player

I've never had any trouble.

I rang the club on two occassions last week and the staff were helpful both times.

I did have to spend a bit of time on hold the second time but when you call up the day membership renewals are due you shouldn't expect any different.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

i found the membership dept ok. however i asked an extra $25 to be taken taken out of my visa account as an extra donation for the frankston training facilities.

i tried twice to get this happen. nup. it just didn't happen!!!!