Lovett suspended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StSteven
Club Player

One player is going to have to give evidence against another.....great for team morale! This needs to be fixed very quickly.

Can't imagine Roo being happy with Ross taking Lovett given his view of this man some time ago...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:One player is going to have to give evidence against another.....great for team morale! This needs to be fixed very quickly.

Can't imagine Roo being happy with Ross taking Lovett given his view of this man some time ago...
At least wait until charges are laid :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:One player is going to have to give evidence against another.....great for team morale! This needs to be fixed very quickly.

Roo was spoken to before he was taken.

I expect this will continue until we have a chance to beat the essendon out of Lovett. Total Farkwit. I will wait to hear the "facts' but the boy is a d**khead.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

FFS! Ok, how long are these things likely to drag out before charges are/are not laid?

I dont know if it really matters, we have to give him the boot dont you think?

Far too much bloody hard work under the bridge for one knob to come in and bugger it all up!

Im as unhappy as JB, no doubt, but still think we have the right coach and a outstanding 2 or 3 leaders. At the same time, footy wise/recruitment wise we have dropped the ball big time on this one.

In terms of footy, lets not forget we DO have players to step up into a lovett like role.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Channel Ten are reporting that he allegedly raped a former girlfriend of an AFL star from another team, whilst she slept, at a St. Kilda teammate's apartment, whilst the teammate was in another room with another girl...

This is another version of the channel 10 report from BF .....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh here we go.......

f***

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:Channel Ten are reporting that he allegedly raped a former girlfriend of an AFL star from another team, whilst she slept, at a St. Kilda teammate's apartment, whilst the teammate was in another room with another girl...

This is another version of the channel 10 report from BF .....

I didnt hear the other girl/room bit on C10.....

Moods
Saintsational Legend

What ppl forget is that even if we had of traded for Cousins, we were giving up very little. You take your risks at the bottom end of the draft, not the top end. Not as if Lovett has anything like the pedigree of Cousins either. If Lovett was taken at pick 50 or whatever, I too would probably have shrugged my shoulders and shaken my head dismissing him as the fool that he is being made out to me. Taking him with our first pick changes everything for me, and it always did. I never really wanted the club to take him at that pick, not b/c of his footy ability (which I think can be inconsistent but brilliant) but b/c he has a history over a long period of time of being a knob.

Everyone's a genious in hindsight, and I'm happy to report that I thought that picking Dawson and Ray were wasted picks that turned out to be great.

My frustration however is compounded by the fact that I firmly believe that this group is on the cusp of something special, and we don't need idiots who to this point have contributed NOTHING to our progress distracting the whole club. Just reckon the risk was too great at the pick we took him at, and Lyon appears too shrewd to waste a 1st round pick on a fool - THis appears to me to be Lyons first really major blunder in 18 months. Hope it's the last.

Maxstar22
Club Player

I really don't know what to think.

I have been sitting here for the past few hours completely dumbfounded.

I don't know whether to be angry, upset, calm and wait for the "facts" or what.

Speechless...... :?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:What ppl forget is that even if we had of traded for Cousins, we were giving up very little. You take your risks at the bottom end of the draft, not the top end. Not as if Lovett has anything like the pedigree of Cousins either. If Lovett was taken at pick 50 or whatever, I too would probably have shrugged my shoulders and shaken my head dismissing him as the fool that he is being made out to me. Taking him with our first pick changes everything for me, and it always did. I never really wanted the club to take him at that pick, not b/c of his footy ability (which I think can be inconsistent but brilliant) but b/c he has a history over a long period of time of being a knob.

Everyone's a genious in hindsight, and I'm happy to report that I thought that picking Dawson and Ray were wasted picks that turned out to be great.

My frustration however is compounded by the fact that I firmly believe that this group is on the cusp of something special, and we don't need idiots who to this point have contributed NOTHING to our progress distracting the whole club. Just reckon the risk was too great at the pick we took him at, and Lyon appears too shrewd to waste a 1st round pick on a fool - THis appears to me to be Lyons first really major blunder in 18 months. Hope it's the last.
Happy for you to take this view as we're all entitled to see things as we see them. I don't disagree with most of what you have said however it is because I also believe that this group is on the cusp of something special that I was prepared to back RL on this one. The reality is that whoever we picked up at pick 16 (in a weak draft) may not have made it, or if they did, may have taken a few years to have any impact. Lovett, at his best, would have provided an instant fix to what most fans would have seen as a weakness (i.e., pace & an ability to spot up forwards & kick goals). And although he did have a "history" the reality is that a lot of players in that position shape up when moved on to another club.

I was happy with the pick at the time so it would be hypocritical for me to now bag RL for it.

It's not looking good at this stage however I'm not gonna view this as the coach stuffing up but simply as taking a calculated risk that probably won’t pay off (we really have to wait to see how this all plays out even though things look grim at the mo)

henno
Club Player

mmm yes i am very disapointed also, but lets not get confused by all the media scuttelbutt, and also remember what happened with the Joey and Milne case. Yes Lovett has a prior history, but no prior history of sexual assault.

saints 2011.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
At least wait until charges are laid :roll:
Good post Robert Walls!

:lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:
Moods wrote:Maybe it's the bad old racist Vic Police at it again.....
They have to get a complaint first-they dont' attend just because they want to. So don't go off and start blaming the police for this.
I blame Grant Thomas!
,,,hate to say it.....but thomas would not have let this guy in the door in the first place......sad all the same........we had high hopes for the guy....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

My god, talk about Chinese Whispers. He said/she said........blah blah blah.

I would hate to have some of you on the jury if I was ever up on a serious charge. :shock: Talk about knee jerk reactions.

Having said that, if he does get charged & is then found guilty I would expect the club to then (& only then) tear up his contract.

I hope the girl in the middle of this drama is ok if anything has happened to her, but I will be waiting for more of the story to come out first before I pass judgement on any/all of it.

What ever happened to FORTIUS QUO FIDELIUS???????

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

snoopygirl wrote:My god, talk about Chinese Whispers. He said/she said........blah blah blah.

I would hate to have some of you on the jury if I was ever up on a serious charge. :shock: Talk about knee jerk reactions.

Having said that, if he does get charged & is then found guilty I would expect the club to then (& only then) tear up his contract.

I hope the girl in the middle of this drama is ok if anything has happened to her, but I will be waiting for more of the story to come out first before I pass judgement on any/all of it.

Strength through loyalty ? :shock:
He hasnt even played a game for us yet, and this is his second fkup in a few weeks. He has to earn that loyalty, and he aint done s*** in that respect so far.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
but strange she wasn't taken to hospital which you would think would be the standard practise for a more extreme case if that is the actually acusation.
An ambulance attended and she has been to hospital.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
markp
Saintsational Legend

Yup, let's face it, regardless of the outcome here, as far as contribution versus cost and headache, thus far this guy is without peer at our club.

ashjam
Club Player

Considering I broke the news on here first hours before it came out with the following:

Posted: Thu 24 Dec 2009 10:52am Post subject: Some very bad news on the way I believe today
I am not going to say what it is, but all I can say is I strongly doubt one of our star new recruits will ever play for us.

Can you unlock this post now please?

Also, just to let you know, Lovett was with 3 Essendon Aboriginal players last night, no St.Kilda players were present.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:My god, talk about Chinese Whispers. He said/she said........blah blah blah.

Strength through loyalty ? :shock:
He hasnt even played a game for us yet, and this is his second fkup in a few weeks. He has to earn that loyalty, and he aint done s*** in that respect so far.
What? You've never been drunk in public or known people who have? How about people wait for the outcome of the investigation before going off half cocked about what he's done wrong. Don't get me wrong if he is found guilty I'll be extremely disappointed, but let's wait & see first. Were people this convinced about the guilt of Milne & Montagna??????
Last edited by snoopygirl on Thu 24 Dec 2009 8:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

There may be nothing in it. Would nt be the first time the media jumped the gun. But from my experience an allegation of this nature is usually well founded, otherwise the girl would not put herself through what is ahead of her.
As to the recruiting of Lovett, I dont blame Ross Lyon, he was trying to accomplish something, but it appears to have blown up in his face. The worse feature of this piece of recruiting was our giving away an indigenous player of the highest character for this bloke. That is what has upset me.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I blame Milne,Schneider,Dempster,Mcqualter for all of this.

They kicked straight on that fateful day none of this would matter to our club.....we'd probably still be out celebrating 3 months on...

Bring back the Lockett era
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

ashjam wrote:Considering I broke the news on here first hours before it came out with the following:

Posted: Thu 24 Dec 2009 10:52am Post subject: Some very bad news on the way I believe today
I am not going to say what it is, but all I can say is I strongly doubt one of our star new recruits will ever play for us.

Can you unlock this post now please?

Also, just to let you know, Lovett was with 3 Essendon Aboriginal players last night, no St.Kilda players were present.
What is the point unlocking it? There is already a substantial thread here...

What was the point of your original thread when you didn't even explain (even if you couldn't..)?

ashjam
Club Player

Your right 'Gabba'
Next time I will say nothing.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Not a Saints player, so where is the team morale problem?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

It works both ways :-)

If this was any other player on our list, Id be 1000% agreeing with you..but..its Andrew Lovett..

..the bloke who we tooka massive risk trading Pick 16 for, the bloke who no doubt was sat down by the Club and given a lecture than I reckon ran along the lines of "OK, you come to us with a shocking disciplinary record, you better start proving you can act like a reasonable human being if you want a potential spot in a Premiership team"

The bloke who just a week or so after he was drafted got hiimself chucked in the lockup overnight. A blip we all said, no biggie, he'd hardly set foot in the place.

..and now this. Whilst you are dead right nothing has been proven yet, the fact is that he's put himself in a situation where the media do have something to speculate about, no matter how flimsy. All with "dont be a tool" still ringing in his ears from last time, you'd hope

No matter what transpires from here on in, even if everything thats been said ends up being total rubbish, his name has been up there in the spotlight, precisely what the Club would have been avoiding. What if he cops a huge sledge in Round 1, loses his cool and gets 4 weeks? Doesnt matter how baseless the allegations were then. God 5 years later and M&M still cop it

Gardy managed to behave himself, why cant Lovett?

Just so dissapointing

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor