Lovett suspended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Image
Lov ett...
Sorry... love it.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
groupie1
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:Agree we have to be careful until we know all details, but I will say that I would expect someone who was already trying to redeem/prove themselves to a new club should not put themselves in a situation where there could be any question of thier behaviour.
"put themselves in a situation where there could be any question of thier behaviour"

Dude, this could be anything. Walking down the street somewhere. Driving in the rain. Would you like these guys to be locked up in bubbles for the length of their careers?

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:Agree we have to be careful until we know all details, but I will say that I would expect someone who was already trying to redeem/prove themselves to a new club should not put themselves in a situation where there could be any question of thier behaviour.
"put themselves in a situation where there could be any question of thier behaviour"

Dude, this could be anything. Walking down the street somewhere. Driving in the rain. Would you like these guys to be locked up in bubbles for the length of their careers?
That is really taking it to the extremes IMO..

They don't need to locked up in bubbles, they just need to behave...

It's not that hard :roll:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/woman- ... 5813674913

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
groupie1
Club Player

Milne & Montagna 2004: Alleged sexual assault, claimed innocence, club stood by them

Gardiner: Poor history, club nurtured and supported and stood by him, through a series of serious injuries.

Gehrig: Number of incidents, some involving violence, alcohol, pissing in bars. Club stood by him, dealt with it internally.

Reiwoldt: Poor comment on radio about homosexuals should 'die'. He apologised, club stood by him.

S Baker: Assaulted in a bar in 2009; claimed did not contribute to it; club stood by him.

Nicky Winmar: Well, best not to go into all that club wives stuff nor the assault charge, to which there is more than meets the eye that made it even worse. Club stood by him through lots.

And all you fuckers wanna hang Lovett out to dry after an allegation.

Suspend him; fine him; and as long as he is charged with less than required to be imprisoned (which in these cases is most likely); stand by him; nurture him; require him to undergo treatment; get him onto the park where he's at his best.

NO premiership has arrived at a club without a room half full of dickheads.

Geelong: Johnson
Hawthorn: Franklin, Crawford
Sydney: Hall
WC: Cousins, Fletcher
Port: Burgoynes
Brisbane: Voss, Pike, Mal Michael
North: Carey
Essendon: Solomon, Hird

I know some of you may not know all the incidents these guys were involved in, some are well known, others hushed by the club, the courts, the media.

If Lovett did something less than would have him land in prison, support him like there's no tomorrow and the best out of the trade we can't undo.

groupie1
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:

My argument was that meeting his ex-girlfriend to discuss financial settlements; or meeting a girl at her house are the situations you're asking him not to put himself in.

If you want someone not to drink then don't drink; but don't lock yerself indoors and never find yourself at a party or in a bar with your mates.

henno
Club Player

lets not forget nathan bock earlier this year!!

suspended indefinetly for alleged assaulting his girlfriend.

was back training within 2 weeks.

saints 2011.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:

My argument was that meeting his ex-girlfriend to discuss financial settlements; or meeting a girl at her house are the situations you're asking him not to put himself in.

If you want someone not to drink then don't drink; but don't lock yerself indoors and never find yourself at a party or in a bar with your mates.
Just what are you talking about???

The article states this...
A WOMAN who claims she was sexually assaulted by AFL star Andrew Lovett told police she had been asleep.

It is believed the woman is the former girlfriend of a player at another club.
The way I read it is that it is not his ex girlfriend but another players ex..

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
groupie1
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
Maxstar22 wrote:
To the top wrote:
These allegations are shown to be false in the very great majority of cases, if not in all cases.

It is the same with allegations of domestic violence.
It is these exact statements that makes it very hard for women to report abuse and most of it goes unreported.

:shock:
As a matter of fact, I can attest that, at one time, 75% of cases in the FCA saw accusations of child abuse levelled at fathers as a tactic, and one suggested by legal representatives at that. It happened to a family member of mine, so this is first had information. Are you suggesting that 75% of men abuse their kids???? If not, that means a lot of people are telling porkies simply to further their own cause. And if they'll do it for reasons of gainin the FCA sre you doubting that some females, much to the detriment of the many genuine cases that deserve all of our support and understanding, make untrue accusations of assault on themselves.
Remember the old adage about "hell hath no fury..

These allegations are shown to be false in the very great majority of cases, if not in all cases.

It is the same with allegations of domestic violence.[/quote]

WHAT????? "very great majority of cases" "if not in all cases."

Are you a f****** retard?
Where your sources? Show me a source for these statements.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:And all you fuckers wanna hang Lovett out to dry after an allegation.
relax dipstick...

I have never stated that I want to hang lovett out to dry, and I also not the one that stated that they should all be locked up in bubbles for the rest of their careers...

lol
groupie1 wrote: a room half full of dickheads
Yep, this forum has more of that quoter, and you must seriously be in the running for the captaincy or at the very least be part of the leadership group

groupie1
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:And all you fuckers wanna hang Lovett out to dry after an allegation.
relax dipstick...

I have never stated that I want to hang lovett out to dry, and I also not the one that stated that they should all be locked up in bubbles for the rest of their careers...

lol
Yep, this forum has more of that quoter, and you must seriously be in the running for the captaincy or at the very least be part of the leadership group
Well, if I am to be in the d**khead leadership group, with the power vested in me I nominate you f***-knuckle of the year.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
relax dipstick...

lol
Well, if I am to be in the d**khead leadership group, with the power vested in me I nominate you f***-knuckle of the year.
lol

great comeback what about your post on this meeting with his ex girlfriend...

Are you able to read the article? or do you just look at pictures?

again...

Can you comprehend or are you too wasted???

groupie1
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
relax dipstick...

lol
lol

again...

Comrade,

My points:

- what about your post on this meeting with his ex girlfriend...
Just an example of a normal thing to do... not a situation footballers should be asked to refrain from doing

- Are you able to read the article? or do you just look at pictures?

Herald Sun? Are you f****** serious? Why would I read H-S articles.

- I have never stated that I want to hang lovett out to dry,

OK - but I was talking about others here who do wanna hang him out to dry.
I did say 'you fuckers' not 'you fucker'

- and I also not the one that stated that they should all be locked up in bubbles for the rest of their careers...

No. I wonder though if people expect too much of our footballers outside football. I really do.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Lovett

Let the law take its course, but stand by the guy while he is a registered Saints player.
Andrew Lovett will play for us in 2010!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
relax dipstick...

lol
lol

again...

Comrade,

My points:

Just an example of a normal thing to do... not a situation footballers should be asked to refrain from doing

- and I also not the one that stated that they should all be locked up in bubbles for the rest of their careers...

No. I wonder though if people expect too much of our footballers outside football. I really do.
The HeraldSun obviously know the complainants name and details and would have knowledge of the so called former boyfriend otherwise they would not publish the article :idea:

So yes, I would take some credence in that article, in that the complainant is a former girlfriend of a player at another Club and that the HS has some knowledge of the complaint and that she was asleep whilst this alleged attack occurred...

again, why would the paper publish it, if it does not have some creditability???

Your "labelling" of posters with a different opinions as f.....ers is offensive to say the least..

This is a forum and believe it or not posters have a right of an opinion without being labelled as fu..ers...

I do believe innocent until proven guilty and I also believe the Club has done the right thing in suspending Lovett during the investigation process

groupie1
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
relax dipstick...

lol
lol

again...

Comrade,

My points:

The HeraldSun obviously know the complainants name and details and would have knowledge of the so called former boyfriend otherwise they would not publish the article :idea:

So yes, I would take some credence in that article, in that the complainant is a former girlfriend of a player at another Club and that the HS has some knowledge of the complaint and that she was asleep whilst this alleged attack occurred...

again, why would the paper publish it, if it does not have some creditability???

Your "labelling" of posters with a different opinions as f.....ers is offensive to say the least..

This is a forum and believe it or not posters have a right of an opinion without being labelled as fu..ers...

I do believe innocent until proven guilty and I also believe the Club has done the right thing in suspending Lovett during the investigation process
Odd argument, mate:

- again, why would the paper publish it, if it does not have some creditability???

- I do believe innocent until proven guilty

you believe if its reported by the Herald-Sun it must have 'creditability' (I assume you mean credibility). You believe, no doubt, if John Howard says he didn't know a child wasn't thrown overboard then he must be telling the truth.
But after all this, you're happy to wait for the courts to declare innocence or guilt.

I wanna sell you a block of land.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:
Odd argument, mate:

- again, why would the paper publish it, if it does not have some creditability???

you believe if its reported by the Herald-Sun it must have 'creditability' (I assume you mean credibility). You believe, no doubt, if John Howard says he didn't know a child wasn't thrown overboard then he must be telling the truth.
But after all this, you're happy to wait for the courts to declare innocence or guilt.

First off...

It is not the courts to decide, in the first instance...

Secondly..

don't ever assume what I believe, it will only show up up as a fool :wink:

groupie1
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:
Odd argument, mate:

First off...

Secondly..

I think you'll find in Australia it IS courts who decide who is guilty and who is innocent of a crime, mate.

I feel safe assuming anyone who reads something in the H-S and assumes it's true must be quite liberal with the sources of information they are prepared to believe.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Hey Groupie1

You're not doing yourself any favours with the filthy language.

I hope you had a great Christmas but it is not good form to call people the stuff you are calling them.

As far as Lovett goes, sure he has the right to fight the allegations but even as one of the fairer posters, I am not feeling too optimistic about his future in the AFL. It's a sad day for Andrew Lovett but it could be a shattering day in the life of the alleged victim.

groupie1
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:Hey Groupie1

You're not doing yourself any favours with the filthy language.

I hope you had a great Christmas but it is not good form to call people the stuff you are calling them.

As far as Lovett goes, sure he has the right to fight the allegations but even as one of the fairer posters, I am not feeling too optimistic about his future in the AFL. It's a sad day for Andrew Lovett but it could be a shattering day in the life of the alleged victim.
Mate,
I am also not confident about his future. BUT, I get very passionate about a few issues:
- expecting more of footballers than they can deliver, in terms of off-field behavior. I think it is dangerous for our kids to see sports players as role models, and as parents we only perpetuate that by being holier-than-thou whenever a sportsperson does something wrong, allegedly.

- practically assuming innocence before guilt is proven

- not being prepared to support people when they make mistakes.

- people's absolute determination to cut down tall poppies.

You're right about the language - it may not work in my favor. But it expresses my strong feelings about these issues.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:
Odd argument, mate:

First off...

Secondly..

I think you'll find in Australia it IS courts who decide who is guilty and who is innocent of a crime, mate.

I feel safe assuming anyone who reads something in the H-S and assumes it's true must be quite liberal with the sources of information they are prepared to believe.
Get you head out of you ass

First off it's up to the police to present a case to the prosecution ...

That is the first hurdle.....

as the case with Milne and Montagna it did not get past that first stage.

So, take it from me I know what the system is all about and you can forget the smart ass comments :idea: :roll:

groupie1
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
groupie1 wrote:
Odd argument, mate:

First off...

Secondly..

Get you head out of you ass

First off it's up to the police to present a case to the prosecution ...

That is the first hurdle.....

as the case with Milne and Montagna it did not get past that first stage.

So, take it from me I know what the system is all about and you can forget the smart ass comments :idea: :roll:
Dude

Everyone knows the police investigate and present the case to the prosecutors if they believe there is one to answer to. This answering is done in COURT.

Now we're on the topic of telling people obvious things that everyone knows to show off our inside knowledge of the system, you wouldn't believe this:

The only guy in ZZ Top without a beard was named Frank Beard.
Take it from me; I know; I know how the system works.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote: Dude

Everyone knows the police investigate and present the case to the prosecutors if they believe there is one to answer to. This answering is done in COURT.

Now we're on the topic of telling people obvious things that everyone knows to show off our inside knowledge of the system, you wouldn't believe this:

I really don't know why I even bother :roll:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

St Fiddy, it was nearly 4am when you posted this - get some sleep!!!

Anyway, let's hope with it being the very quiet Xmas period this all blows over and can be resolved without police charges.....Lovett needs at least a month away from the club (forced) and a big fine - none of this $5K bulltish.

I wish the AFL would step in and threaten deregistration (like Cousins) if he farks up one more time.

The AFL are soft pussies with these things, and as a result all clubs do their utmost not to lose a valueable player asset.

Some of the lot on here forget if we sack him we get nothing in return and no chance to pick up another player for a year.

This is where the system sucks to some degree.

A mid-season draft would make the decision with what to do with fwits like Lovett a bit easier to deal with IMO.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

St Fiddy, it was nearly 4am when you posted this - get some sleep!!!

Anyway, let's hope with it being the very quiet Xmas period this all blows over and can be resolved without police charges.....Lovett needs at least a month away from the club (forced) and a big fine - none of this $5K bulltish.

I wish the AFL would step in and threaten deregistration (like Cousins) if he farks up one more time.

The AFL are soft pussies with these things, and as a result all clubs do their utmost not to lose a valueable player asset.

Some of the lot on here forget if we sack him we get nothing in return and no chance to pick up another player for a year.

This is where the system sucks to some degree.

A mid-season draft would make the decision with what to do with fwits like Lovett a bit easier to deal with IMO.
I really dont see how the AFL can win on this one. If they did derigister him can you imagine the uproar on here about how it is always the Saints who cop it and if they dont deregister him every are supporter from the other clubs will complain how soft they are and what do you have to do to be deregistered.

If we sack him we could get plenty in return. Showing we are a very strong club, getting rid of person when had another chance and may have still stuffed up and keeping sponsors that may be looking elsewhere if something does come of this.

We got nothing for Bally and he is much better person by the looks of it than Lovett and we all thought we still could survive so I honestly think we get enough from his sacking. Will it happen, I dont think so.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sat 26 Dec 2009 8:47am, edited 1 time in total.