Would anyone else buy a Saints rugby top?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Would anyone else buy a Saints rugby top?

Hi

I've asked about Saints rugby tops in the past. (I have my own selfish reasons for preferring a rugby-style top to the normal v-neck; I had burns around my neck and I need to cover them).

Anyway, I was talking to another Saints supporter in September and he was wearing an old one from the late 90s. I still have two old ones from the 90s made by Sekem (in fact, I've always said I would get buried in it). I got the one that was released about 2 or 3 years ago, but it wasn't a great design.

I was wondering... would anyone else be interested in buying one if the club released one? If there was interest, could we petition the club or whoever makes these kind of products to produce one?

I have no idea if others would wear one... please respond to say if you would or not... I love mine. Something with a really nice design... I'd wear it an awful lot... would you?

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yes
depending on style and cost

ive also been waiting for fitted caps for around five years
but they still only do the cheap clasp ones

Sunday Red
Club Player

Good idea. I'd definitely wear one.

Why not e-mail the merchandise staff and enquire?

http://www.saints.com.au/staff/tabid/5410/default.aspx

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

As you know mark, my dad is the king of rugby jumpers, he hasmost of the saints designs from back in the day, and im sure he would love a new one to add to the collection

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:yes
depending on style and cost
+1 !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

loris
Saintsational Legend

Yes for me....... I've still got an old one from the 90's made by Sekam...such a favourite. Alas it is looking rather tired these days :(.

Infact the black is very faded nowadays and when I wash it I don't hang it out to dry in the bright Western Australian sun and light. It gets lovingly handwashed, hung in the bathroom so no light can further permeate and dull the black and red colours......only the white is remaining pure :cry: :cry:

Please, please bring back the rugby tops.

If there has to be sponsors labels on them just make them discrete like the Sekam one's were ....so small they could hardly be seen.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Yeah I'm interested too.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
gurubob101
Club Player

I have 3 rugby style tops that I wear all the time in the cooler months. None of them came from the club. I'd much prefer to get official merchandise through the club but I've asked them a number of times about providing predominantly black or red rugby tops with no success.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Well, based on the suggestion above that I contact the club, I did so.
I got a very nice, prompt and polite, response back from Dale Christie. It wasn't exactly the answer I wanted, but I appreciated the speed of the response (within a couple of hours) and the courtesy of it.
Dale said they would probably have to sell 300-500 of them, and also that they were aiming at high quality and current fashion trends... like the hoody apparrel which is selling well. However, they do have some designs which they might release some time in the future, if not this year, then sometime, perhaps 2011, or some other time. They have both short sleeve and long sleeve designs.

Anyway, it was nice to get a personal email and the Club treated me well. I'd had contact with Dale before because I won one of the Saints auctions, and only have positive things to say about my experiences. Dale got Clint Jones' run out top personally signed for me, because (obviously) I couldn't get there to do it.

Oh well, gave it a try. And couldn't complain about how they treated me, not in the slightest.

Cheers, and GO SAINTS!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I would buy a rugby top......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:I would buy a rugby top......
yep....well...i already have.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: ...still in good nick too...both of them....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

You're Johnny on the spot. They're only getting around to us Overseas Supporters now! Untapped potential we are!

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I would buy one.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Goody
Club Player

Ive got 2 of them. The best thing about them is there is no commercial crap on them, they have lasted for ages and you can wear them in pubs without being asked to leave for wearing footy colours after 6pm. Some pubs do that!!!
Mine are from the 90's and still in good nick.
From memory they cost about 80 bucks and have contained my ever increasing girth with ease, haha.

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

For years I hunted around for a Canterbury or alike rugby top and then someone gave me one that was a freeby from years ago.

I too like rugby tops and I love the one I have, only issue would be the stripes are horizontal not vertical like our jumper. But I love it as it has the shield on it, so it's clear I'm barracking for the St Kilda Football Club.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

about 10 years ago the club released a limited edition baseball jersey. i would love to get hold of one those.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
esaint66
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:about 10 years ago the club released a limited edition baseball jersey. i would love to get hold of one those.

My brother has one of those although it would only fit a 10 year old.