come on all you western saints !!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

come on all you western saints !!!!

There are still lots of tickets available to the Perth function with the players.... this is our opportunity to show the St Kilda Football club how important it is for us to have interaction with the players, so I implore you to book you tickets to this great function on Friday night as a poor showing will only hinder our chances to secure the players for future events ... please follow the link to secure your tickets...
http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx

come on guys lets make this thing a success !!! Spread the word !!!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
BradWA
Club Player

Trav

I asked a fellow sainter the other nite if he was coming and the reply was to expensive as he has 3 kids pls him and the misses thats $200 bucks for a cocktail party the price of shows must come down as people out there are hurting finacially

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

The Cocktail Party isn't for the kids, the FREE ozkick session is. I seriously don't understand people. They want access to the players and when they get it, out comes the excuses. Sadly we are having the same problem in Qld.

Good Luck to all the other Supporter Groups, lets hope everyone gets there act together this week and we all get a good turn out.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I've already stated that I'm just not particularly interested in the players we have coming over. At least I'm being honest. Yes I know they are all St Kilda players etc etc, but to get 2 of our top 22 over ain't that exciting TBH. Just my opinion, and I'm sorry if it affects future events, but I'd expect more bang for your buck. I know how much work the Western Saints do behind the scenes trying to organise these things, but the selection of players coming over doesn't warrant the money IMO.

Zano

I'm based down south and heading up for the Kids clinic. for mine it'll be a blast just to see the St. Kilda players - they won't care who's there...

Unfortunately I'll not be there the night before but hope it goes well.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:I've already stated that I'm just not particularly interested in the players we have coming over. At least I'm being honest. Yes I know they are all St Kilda players etc etc, but to get 2 of our top 22 over ain't that exciting TBH. Just my opinion, and I'm sorry if it affects future events, but I'd expect more bang for your buck. I know how much work the Western Saints do behind the scenes trying to organise these things, but the selection of players coming over doesn't warrant the money IMO.
your missing the point !!! why would the club send us "star players next time if we cant sell out this function ??? mark my words if we dont get a good showing from this we will find it near on impossible to get access to the boot studder for future functions !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Trav

BradWA wrote:I asked a fellow sainter the other nite if he was coming and the reply was to expensive as he has 3 kids pls him and the misses thats $200 bucks for a cocktail party the price of shows must come down as people out there are hurting finacially
ummm the Kids clinic is a Free event for the kids ... the Cocktail party is for the adults ..... aslo $40 for a cocktail party is a fairly decent price considering you are getting a pretty good feed from it aswell ....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:The Cocktail Party isn't for the kids, the FREE ozkick session is. I seriously don't understand people. They want access to the players and when they get it, out comes the excuses. Sadly we are having the same problem in Qld.

Good Luck to all the other Supporter Groups, lets hope everyone gets there act together this week and we all get a good turn out.
its like hitting your head against a wall isnt it Bev !! im sorry to hear its not just us that have these kind of issues .... good luck with your function

wasaintsfan
Club Player

id love to go but unfortunantly fly out of perth that nite. Going melb to c acdc nxt week. Whick sucks coz i fly out of melb same time as intraclub match. Is there an open training session between?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

To anyone who has an issue with the cost, I ask you to have a think about this. How much does it cost St Kilda to fly 7 players to WA, accommodation + incidentals. The cost to run the function, food & drinks. $40 is an absolute bargain. Throw in a FREE clinic for the kids, I seriously don't know what more the club could do.

St Kilda is loosing big time here, but they are doing it for the supporters, there is some great players there. Give the guys a go, you could well be missing out on the opportunity to speak to the next St Kilda champion.

Aside, from all of this you should bloody well support your local Supporter Group. We have been busting a gut trying to get this happen for years.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:To anyone who has an issue with the cost, I ask you to have a think about this. How much does it cost St Kilda to fly 7 players to WA, accommodation + incidentals. The cost to run the function, food & drinks. $40 is an absolute bargain. Throw in a FREE clinic for the kids, I seriously don't know what more the club could do.

St Kilda is loosing big time here, but they are doing it for the supporters, there is some great players there. Give the guys a go, you could well be missing out on the opportunity to speak to the next St Kilda champion.

Aside, from all of this you should bloody well support your local Supporter Group. We have been busting a gut trying to get this happen for years.
Post of the Year !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Batnoe

I originally wasnt going to make the QLD function because i was too busy, but will defs be there now...

It is a wortwhile cause.

See you there Bev

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:I've already stated that I'm just not particularly interested in the players we have coming over. At least I'm being honest. Yes I know they are all St Kilda players etc etc, but to get 2 of our top 22 over ain't that exciting TBH. Just my opinion, and I'm sorry if it affects future events, but I'd expect more bang for your buck. I know how much work the Western Saints do behind the scenes trying to organise these things, but the selection of players coming over doesn't warrant the money IMO.
Dear God I hope noone from the Club is reading this thread

More bang for your buck?? OK just send Roo, Lenny, BJ and Dal all round the country and leave everyone else at home eh? Ever thought that the lesser-known players might LIKE mixing with the fans...perhaps even more than the "stars". The kids really couldnt care who took their clinic. To them anyone on our list is a star

Trust me..$40 is a bargain basement price for a cocktail party....as St Bev said earlier, the Club wont even go close to getting their money back, yet they are happy to do this as a gesture of thanks to all the fans, many of whom (including you perhaps?) shell out for memberships knowing full well they may not even get to a game.

...and this is the thanks they get???

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
BradWA
Club Player

Well

What a bunch of Riches

Just stated that a Fellow member cannot afford it

I myself am taking my Kids along for a meal and to meet the players (they as loyal members all there 13yrs and 15 yrs deserve it)
Plus going to the Kids Clinic

People here should realize that all are not flush with money

Plus if the SKFC is out of pocket for this venture its about time they gave back to the West and other States as we get Sweet FA from the SKFC
Been trying to get this happening back when I spoke to GT on the phone about it and laughed at the Idea (Wanker)

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:To anyone who has an issue with the cost, I ask you to have a think about this. How much does it cost St Kilda to fly 7 players to WA, accommodation + incidentals. The cost to run the function, food & drinks. $40 is an absolute bargain. Throw in a FREE clinic for the kids, I seriously don't know what more the club could do.

well put !!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Well

BradWA wrote:What a bunch of Riches

Just stated that a Fellow member cannot afford it

I myself am taking my Kids along for a meal and to meet the players (they as loyal members all there 13yrs and 15 yrs deserve it)
Plus going to the Kids Clinic

People here should realize that all are not flush with money

Plus if the SKFC is out of pocket for this venture its about time they gave back to the West and other States as we get Sweet FA from the SKFC
Been trying to get this happening back when I spoke to GT on the phone about it and laughed at the Idea (Wanker)
im sorry ... how much would you expect to pay for a Cocktail function ?? $2 ? $7.50 ?? seriously have a look and see how much it cost to take the kids to a Movie and then compair that with the cost of the Cocktail function !!! fair enough if some people cant afford it but dont try and say $40 is tooo expencive for the average Joe club Member ....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Well

BradWA wrote: Plus if the SKFC is out of pocket for this venture its about time they gave back to the West and other States as we get Sweet FA from the SKFC
ok lets say your an interstate member ... so you got $100 for your membership and you get access to 5 games at the Dome , a membership pack , access to "free" games at Subi (subject to availability ... that is out of ST Kildas hands as the WAFC dictate how many tickets we get ) so really your getting a fair bit for your $100 ....... try a WCE membership then ask me about value for money they charg $50 to sit on the waiting list to be a member!!! no tickets to ANY GAMES....

serioulsy some people want everything for nothing .....

as for the players availability we have been working with the club for the past 2 years to secure the players , as they are on the cusp of winning a flag you can understand why they dont want to disrupt the players during the season ....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Dear God I hope noone from the Club is reading this thread

More bang for your buck?? OK just send Roo, Lenny, BJ and Dal all round the country and leave everyone else at home eh? Ever thought that the lesser-known players might LIKE mixing with the fans...perhaps even more than the "stars". The kids really couldnt care who took their clinic. To them anyone on our list is a star

Trust me..$40 is a bargain basement price for a cocktail party....as St Bev said earlier, the Club wont even go close to getting their money back, yet they are happy to do this as a gesture of thanks to all the fans, many of whom (including you perhaps?) shell out for memberships knowing full well they may not even get to a game.

...and this is the thanks they get???
there is just no pleasing some people honestly .....

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Talking about Memberships is really another issue. But a quick story to "litten" things up.

When I became a member 30 years ago. I had to go down to Moorabbin, knock on the door and ask to be a Member. They gave me a form to fill out (outside, in the dark), took it inside for someone to "refer" me. About 1/2 later they came back and told me, I was now a member and I could come back when my Membership medallion had arrived.

No membership packs then, but I was rapt and still am very proud to be a member of St Kilda.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

I understand all your points and they are valid ones. I know the interstate groups bust their arses for very little reward. And I think the kids clinic is an ABSOLUTELY fantastic venture. To be honest the cost isn't really an issue either (although with the Mrs and drinks it'd probably be upwards of a $200 night). I won't be going as I've already booked a camping trip for that weekend, but I dunno, I just thought they could send a better representation of our best 22 (and I don't mean the absolute stars, but 1/11 of the 22 who took the field on GF day?). I know it's a moot point, and the players coming over deserve our support as much as the next player, if not more, but I think that may be why you're having such a problem making numbers. If I wasn't going away I'd GLADLY pay for the clinic to offset me not being there on the Friday.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote: I won't be going as I've already booked a camping trip for that weekend, but I dunno, I just thought they could send a better representation of our best 22 (and I don't mean the absolute stars, but 1/11 of the 22 who took the field on GF day?). I know it's a moot point, and the players coming over deserve our support as much as the next player, if not more, but I think that may be why you're having such a problem making numbers. If I wasn't going away I'd GLADLY pay for the clinic to offset me not being there on the Friday.
2 of the 7 coming your way PLAYED in the grand final - so that would be 2/22 wouldn't it?
One played EVERY Game of 2009
the other Played all BUT 1 game

and happy 26th birthday CJ

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Which would make it 1/11 wouldn't it?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Which would make it 1/11 wouldn't it?
wasn't that what you wanted? 1/11

sorry some in Victoria are getting no one- and along with Interstaters get to only 5/22 games
I guess they thought By sending Players Home- In most cases it would mean there were people interested in how they were going-

enjoy the weekend? sunny weather or cooler?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote: I won't be going as I've already booked a camping trip for that weekend, but I dunno, I just thought they could send a better representation of our best 22 (and I don't mean the absolute stars, but 1/11 of the 22 who took the field on GF day?). I know it's a moot point, and the players coming over deserve our support as much as the next player, if not more, but I think that may be why you're having such a problem making numbers. If I wasn't going away I'd GLADLY pay for the clinic to offset me not being there on the Friday.
2 of the 7 coming your way PLAYED in the grand final - so that would be 2/22 wouldn't it?
One played EVERY Game of 2009
the other Played all BUT 1 game

and happy 26th birthday CJ
on top of that Luke Miles is looking more and more likely in becoming a player he has been an emergancy for pleanty of games .... Brett Peake may easily have an impact like Farren last year ... and Nick Winmar is our first Draft pick for 2010 !!!!

honestly i think WA got a great list of players coming across

saintly
Saintsational Legend

for a lousy $40 i would definetly go (if i was interstate).

i think the insterstaters are extremely lucky to get any of the players over.