Armo looking massive!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

S.A Saint
Club Player

Armo looking massive!

he sure has bulked up over the off season...

those arms are looking massive...cant wait to see him tear it up this year and cement a spot in the side...love the way he went about it last year when given the opportunity....

http://images.slatterymedia.com/photoga ... p%20040210

pic 13

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Boy, you're not wrong! Maybe Lukey would have been struggling to get a game.

Dempster looks pretty fit as well. Interesting how he goes this year with a full pre-season behind him...

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

They don't call him "ARMo" for nothing.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Definitely put on a few kgs.

that was June last year.

Good signs.

DWOODROW
Club Player

He;s still a girl. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe this year he will be able to leave an impression in the field after tackling hodge. :) :wink:

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

great photos :) the boys look great.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Size has never been Armo's problem. Needs to work on other things. Anyway Steven is the man this year.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Size has never been Armo's problem.
Glad to know you're happy with his size.

DWOODROW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Size has never been Armo's problem. Needs to work on other things. Anyway Steven is the man this year.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Size has never been Armo's problem. Needs to work on other things. Anyway Steven is the man this year.
Sorry you may or may not be his brother but i think we are allowed to have an opinion. He obvouisly has had other issues with his game or he would have played many more than he did. Or because someone on here is a brother of a player we must always say nice things.

saintlee
Club Player

Boy, Dempster has some serious guns now! He would have to be the most muscular player in the team.

Not that muscle means that much, lets hope he can find the same form he showed in 2008 before the knee injury.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

THe boys are looking awesome, :oops: Much stronger.

Will check out Armo tonight and let you know :wink:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Even the office "bomber' supporter has had a bit of a peek with me a few times.

Not much of a chance of me doing work today, not now anyway.

give your brother the nod fro me! :wink:

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Sorry you may or may not be his brother but i think we are allowed to have an opinion. He obvouisly has had other issues with his game or he would have played many more than he did. Or because someone on here is a brother of a player we must always say nice things.
I think the fact that Armo is obviously working hard in the gym is a sign that he's probably working hard on all aspects of his game. He's looking to improve himself which can only be a good sign, no?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
I think the fact that Armo is obviously working hard in the gym is a sign that he's probably working hard on all aspects of his game. He's looking to improve himself which can only be a good sign, no?
They do look like they have bulked up. Let's hope that the new generation like Armo and Steven can kick some goals as well and show us what Luke Ball wasn't able to do. We need a Plan B and even a Plan C if the towers aren't firing.

goodie
Club Player

Size isn't everything...

It's a question of finding the right playing weight. Plenty of stories going around, and there's a few players slimming down this year. Don't want him to bulk up too much like Goddard did.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am sure he is working with the strength and conditioning people to get the right size, keeping in mind he will be a clearance player, tackling and crashing the packs a bit more....it doesn't seem excessive.

Dempster is an interesting one, it does take players a while to come back after his injury...he does seem to be bulking up, perhaps they have a role in mind.

DWOODROW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Yes you are entitled to say whatever you like and YOU usually do. I don't care what you say about Dave. Good Luck to you. And him being or not being my brother doesn't really count for much either. Doesn't help me or him play any better football.
It is up to him and from what I saw from him in December when we were training together showed me that he has matured in his football and his way of thinking about his game.
The reason I rolled my eyes is Steven has played how many AFL games. 1 I think and this is going to be his year. Come on. Has he finished his apprenticeship yet. From all reports he( Steven) is a telented footballer and hopefully we will see alot of players given a chance this year but do you honestly think there is going to be a big difference in the people that run out this year from those last year barring Injuries.
The team that played last year was kept much the same due to consistency and the fact they were playing so damn well together and winning games. Why change that.
Dave was Injured at the start of the year and was held back. This year I think he has had better preparation and I for one am expecting big things from him.
So because he is my brother No you don't have to say nice things about him. I even had a go at him in my earlier post but I will defend him in everything I can. After all wouldn't you do that for someone you care about.
Go Saints and Go to the Boys who might have the chance this year to show their potential including Steven. :!:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armo looking massive!

S.A Saint wrote:he sure has bulked up over the off season...

those arms are looking massive...cant wait to see him tear it up this year and cement a spot in the side...love the way he went about it last year when given the opportunity....

http://images.slatterymedia.com/photoga ... p%20040210

pic 13

flower...his arms are nearly as big as mine.... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:He;s still a girl. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe this year he will be able to leave an impression in the field after tackling hodge. :) :wink:

big brothers can be so cruel.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
DWOODROW
Club Player

stinger wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:He;s still a girl. :lol: :lol: :lol:

big brothers can be so cruel.... :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Great to see he's bulked up, but has he worked on his two main problems - pace and endurance?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Great to see he's bulked up, but has he worked on his two main problems - pace and endurance?
I think his 2 main problems are the defensive side of his game and disposal. No problems with the other 2 IMO.

DWOODROW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Great to see he's bulked up, but has he worked on his two main problems - pace and endurance?
I think his 2 main problems are the defensive side of his game and disposal. No problems with the other 2 IMO.
I agree to a point but it will improve this year. He isn't as bad as Jones in his disposal though.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Yes you are entitled to say whatever you like and YOU usually do. I don't care what you say about Dave. Good Luck to you. And him being or not being my brother doesn't really count for much either. Doesn't help me or him play any better football.
It is up to him and from what I saw from him in December when we were training together showed me that he has matured in his football and his way of thinking about his game.
The reason I rolled my eyes is Steven has played how many AFL games. 1 I think and this is going to be his year. Come on. Has he finished his apprenticeship yet. From all reports he( Steven) is a telented footballer and hopefully we will see alot of players given a chance this year but do you honestly think there is going to be a big difference in the people that run out this year from those last year barring Injuries.
The team that played last year was kept much the same due to consistency and the fact they were playing so damn well together and winning games. Why change that.
Dave was Injured at the start of the year and was held back. This year I think he has had better preparation and I for one am expecting big things from him.
So because he is my brother No you don't have to say nice things about him. I even had a go at him in my earlier post but I will defend him in everything I can. After all wouldn't you do that for someone you care about.
Go Saints and Go to the Boys who might have the chance this year to show their potential including Steven. :!:
Well said DWOODROW. While some people on here get to see a lot of Sandy games a lot of us don't. Therefore it's difficult to really comment on the performances, skills, attitudes etc of those blokes who don't play in the ones each week. Some people make assumptions that are repeated often enough that they become facts.

I personally don't know if Armo has things he needs to work on, or if his tank's not big enough etc etc. After all I've only seen him play 19 games plus a couple on TV. From what I have seen he has enormous potential and has only been held back by a lack of opportunities, injuries and the natural need for a young player to gain experience and develop.

I wish him all the best for 2010, as I do for young Steven and all the other Saints :D