Membership Packs...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

saint3d wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but for me the clear plastic card holder thing you're supposed to hang around your neck has embossed on it the following text:

Richmond Member 2010

Seriously.
Mine too...

Absolutely terribad...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
older saint
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:
saint66au wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:To all the people that were complaining that it took so long to get the packs, I to was getting frustrated however I know that Geelong and Sydney memberships were also being sent out this week. It seems that at least these two clubs use the same overseas contacts we do. Not ideal but it was out of the clubs hands. I just hope they pull the pin and use another company next year.
Took so long to get the packs??? The earliest POSSIBLE time you'd need that card is in 2 weeks time to go to a NAB Challenge game if we get booted out of the NAB Cup next week.

Always amazes me why people grizzle and groan in the first week of February when they dont have their memberships. Distributing them is a big logisitcal excercise now...and unless you are the last person on the whole Forum not to recieve yours, Id not be stressing :-)
That may be reasonable EXCEPT for the fact that it was announced as to when to expect it. Don't make promises ( statements ) you can't deliver or people will get annoyed. When you have a child who keeps asking and you pass on what the club says and they do not deliver i think you have good grounds to be annoyed.

That maybe the case but when I purchased them well before Christmas as a christmas present for the family. I contacted the club at the time and they said that it should be there before christmas day. I understand things can happen but from then until now it can be a long wait. Especially when christmas day rolls in and you have nothing phsyical to give. :(

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Nothing... Called up the club, should be coming tomorrow

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
RoseInOz
Club Player

I might add I got the wall hanger and it says International Member, so maybe they think I am overseas.....or still in Tasmania. LOL

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
yipper
SS Life Member

all 4 of ours have just arrived. Can't believe that I have an afternoon exchanging barbs with a flog who isn't even a member and here I am buying 4 x social club, reserved seats etc every year!!! Anyways they have arrived!! yipee

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

older saint wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
saint66au wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:To all the people that were complaining that it took so long to get the packs, I to was getting frustrated however I know that Geelong and Sydney memberships were also being sent out this week. It seems that at least these two clubs use the same overseas contacts we do. Not ideal but it was out of the clubs hands. I just hope they pull the pin and use another company next year.
Took so long to get the packs??? The earliest POSSIBLE time you'd need that card is in 2 weeks time to go to a NAB Challenge game if we get booted out of the NAB Cup next week.

Always amazes me why people grizzle and groan in the first week of February when they dont have their memberships. Distributing them is a big logisitcal excercise now...and unless you are the last person on the whole Forum not to recieve yours, Id not be stressing :-)
That may be reasonable EXCEPT for the fact that it was announced as to when to expect it. Don't make promises ( statements ) you can't deliver or people will get annoyed. When you have a child who keeps asking and you pass on what the club says and they do not deliver i think you have good grounds to be annoyed.

That maybe the case but when I purchased them well before Christmas as a christmas present for the family. I contacted the club at the time and they said that it should be there before christmas day. I understand things can happen but from then until now it can be a long wait. Especially when christmas day rolls in and you have nothing phsyical to give. :(
Hey stop putting words in my mouth :wink:

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

TBH I think whoever told you that at the CLub was misinformed

Ive never had my membership kit arrive before Christmas...ever...back a few years ago memberships werent even available before Christmas

Can totally understand your frustration though if you were told that...especially as it was a Christmas gift

Hope you worked out a suitable IOU :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:TBH I think whoever told you that at the CLub was misinformed

Ive never had my membership kit arrive before Christmas...ever...back a few years ago memberships werent even available before Christmas

Can totally understand your frustration though if you were told that...especially as it was a Christmas gift

To be honest it is the same present every year so it is not a surprise. Just feel like s*** when i have nothing to give. A few years a go we got the packs before christmas and the cards later but oh well.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:

To be honest it is the same present every year so it is not a surprise. Just feel like s*** when i have nothing to give. A few years a go we got the packs before christmas and the cards later but oh well.
Thought I read somewhere that if you rang the club, you could get a certificate if it was a Chrissie pres. Bit late now though. I have never known them to be out before Chrissie. Have always arrived around this time for as long as I can remember.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
stinger wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Nothing receive yet, but living in Qld probably won't get it till Fri.

Disappointed there is no Membership Pin, that is my favourite thing along with the car sticker and scarf.

Mind you, what are we going to do with all these scraves? I can't even throw away a plastic bag if it has St Kilda on it, so any creative ideas out there :lol:
i have a friend...a dees supporter who joined them all together into a throw rug.......works a threat.....
To opposition supporters? :wink:
:oops: :oops: .....treat.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Saint Bev wrote: Thought I read somewhere that if you rang the club, you could get a certificate if it was a Chrissie pres. Bit late now though. I have never known them to be out before Chrissie. Have always arrived around this time for as long as I can remember.
Man I wish i had have been told about the certs. That would be something at least.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:

Very good point..that was the year of the "tin box"....where every member from the year before got a box full of goodies...minus the actual card..which as you say arrived closer to the season proper

I remember, as it annoyed me that they sent "member" lanyards and stickers to those who were yet to re-sign

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Spot on!! I knew I wasn't dreaming that happened.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

RoseInOz wrote:I might add I got the wall hanger and it says International Member, so maybe they think I am overseas.....or still in Tasmania. LOL
I got the International Member wall hanger too. I thought my northern island colleague must know somebody in the membership department. :lol: :wink:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
santazzi
Club Player

Launcestonsaint wrote:
RoseInOz wrote:I might add I got the wall hanger and it says International Member, so maybe they think I am overseas.....or still in Tasmania. LOL
I got the International Member wall hanger too. I thought my northern island colleague must know somebody in the membership department. :lol: :wink:
I got it too.....don't forget we live on a far far away lsland accross the big ...bad ...rough and vast sea!!!!

Rickabee
Club Player
Location: Sydney, but grew up in Melbourne - 1st Saints match = Rnd 4 1966

I got my Membership pack delivered to me in Sydney but it does not contain my membership card to gain stadium access! Will this arrive separately??? - Welcome anbody's comments on this one.

I also got the "Ineternational Member" flag included in my pack! I am an Interstate member, but I didn't realise that qualified me as an Inrternational Member!

Interesting reading the comments of many in Melbourne who said their package arrived in clear plastic wrapping. Mine was shipped with a fully opaque white plastic wrapper! I don't know why they didn't do that for everyone??

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I got my Membership pack yesterday and I have Social Club Membership

Click the Plastic Pouch to see whats inside :)

bigred
Saintsational Legend

My fridge magnet is a bit bent. :P

Still not sure what to do with the plastic envelope on the lanyard...

Richmond member 2010....hmmm

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Maxstar22
Club Player

I always love the membership packs.

But in all honesty, as long as I get my membership card and the access and benefits that provides me, the rest is just a nice gravy.

As for the mailing and distribution of the packs, I work in this type of industry. Sorry - no my company didn't do them...however, I do know how much work and time it does take to get this sort of stuff out to people. I won't go into details, but it is alittle more involved that just sticking something in a plastic pencil case and sending it to Aust Post. Unfortunately, there are companies out there that will undercut another company or "buy" the work but do not have the experience or expertise to actually do a good job. In this day and age we are finding alot of companies taking price over quality.

At the end of the day, as long as you have them before Round 1 and everything is correct, we should all be happy.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Still nothing, they said yesterday that mine was sent and i should be getting it today, well ill go in tonight and ask

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Pwoit wrote:I got my Membership pack yesterday and I have Social Club Membership

Click the Plastic Pouch to see whats inside :)

hmm, my card Social Club Membership Card has Sam Fisher on it not Riewoldt

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:hmm, my card Social Club Membership Card has Sam Fisher on it not Riewoldt
Im a Diamond Member might depend on how many years u been a member?

goodie
Club Player

They did have the scarves tonight, picked mine up

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Pwoit wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:hmm, my card Social Club Membership Card has Sam Fisher on it not Riewoldt
Im a Diamond Member might depend on how many years u been a member?
I;m a gold member and have Goddard on mine

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Launcestonsaint wrote:
And ...................... It cost me NOTHING :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!