NAB CUP JUMPER

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

linz
Club Player

The first time I saw it I liked it and I still do.

There's no doubting who we are and we're boldly displaying our logo.

It's an effing practice game after all.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The jumper was great!

Had the colours, had the logo.....Yet extremely different.

Cant ask for more....And this design is on par, or better than nearly all of those 'better' designs by saintsational people or whatever....

The jumper was great...Im buying one and framing it......Has the colours and a big friggin logo....will look awesome in a frame!!!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Saints7 wrote:NAB Cup guernsey looks great - simple and strong - posters saying it looks crap that were using the CLUB LOGO!!?? as the focal point....are you actually being serious? Nothing more powerful as the team running out with the CLUB LOGO across their chests - looked great IMO. But, I'm not one to bag the Club at everything they do, and realise that this guernsey isnt replacing the Club jumper, its being used for a maximum of what , 4 games? Its fun, and I hope they change it every year......mainly to give some of you something to do!
I love sheep. They always do what they are told, never question anything and hide behind "its from the club so therefore above comment"

Sheep make excellent pets.
you really know how to make people feel welcome.... Just an opinion
as yours is... But you need to denigrate it- both have merit- a Simple- I disagree would have done.. :shock:
everyone likes differant things- that doesn't make it wrong.

I like Blue but that doesn't stop me wearing red white and black...
Id suggest you re-read the above post, thoroughly, and understand the snide comments first directed at OTHERS opionions before your go attempting to make "new" friends. To infer , as the above post does, that all anyone who questions the club is "bagging the club" is both offensive and wrong.

Do try an be balanced when weighing in half @ssed wont you?

Im truly not interested in what you think of my posts - dont like em....dont read em.
Last edited by Teflon on Tue 23 Feb 2010 11:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:The jumper was great!

Had the colours, had the logo.....Yet extremely different.

Cant ask for more....And this design is on par, or better than nearly all of those 'better' designs by saintsational people or whatever....

The jumper was great...Im buying one and framing it......Has the colours and a big friggin logo....will look awesome in a frame!!!!
Glad you got that qualifier in Spinner....I too agree...in other words Armoo's collection has this cartoon top covered....... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Teflon wrote:As for the two jumpers - as Armooo points out above ......last years training tops ARE far more powerful than that dribble on Friday.
The way the cross goes around the back really draws attention to the sponsor as well, which would have to keep them happy.

Since Freo gets three jumpers (traditional, white, purple), I don't see why we couldn't use both those training tops to prevent ever having any clashes again. Wear our traditional strip for home games and the white cross against dark teams and the light cross against dark teams. If Essendon want to pay us off to wear their crap against us, then we put that money towards signing one of their players in 2012.
Agree Vacuous - its a striking design that Im also sure sponsors would love....I think its smart not to over play our logo by blowing it up large on jumpers etc (to me it looks a tad silly over sized...it has a class appeal smaller in size...I guess subtle is how I prefer it...). The black cross (theres something we could also market......) is powerful and a smart way to tie in all aspects of our logo and colors in 1 jumper.....while not being so blatant.

“Yeah….nah””
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

We're going to win the NAB Cup in those jumpers.

Saints7
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Saints7 wrote:NAB Cup guernsey looks great - simple and strong - posters saying it looks crap that were using the CLUB LOGO!!?? as the focal point....are you actually being serious? Nothing more powerful as the team running out with the CLUB LOGO across their chests - looked great IMO. But, I'm not one to bag the Club at everything they do, and realise that this guernsey isnt replacing the Club jumper, its being used for a maximum of what , 4 games? Its fun, and I hope they change it every year......mainly to give some of you something to do!
I love sheep. They always do what they are told, never question anything and hide behind "its from the club so therefore above comment"

As for the two jumpers - as Armooo points out above ......last years training tops ARE far more powerful than that dribble on Friday.

You see, its not just about a "bit of fun" we are in a tight business, with tight margins and huge competition (not just AFL) but globally for supporter dollars.......if Man U's top looks awesome and little Johhny's daddy loves soccer as well as saints....he may decide that any extra income best go there........WE need to grab that revenue.

This is an ENORMOUS revenue spinner for our club (and cost) - IF we use our brilliant colors to max potential, market them and come up with a killer design the envy of all........we stand to make mega bucks for some time to come.......its a friggin business after all.
All valid points there Teflon, and i'm not debating that - what I get annoyed with is that the Club probably have that exact view point in mind, but then have people like you condemn their attempt and try to deter people from liking it, and therefore not buy it. Just because you dont like it, and like some other designs, so be it - but why try and persuade people to dislike something that as you say "we're in a tight business" - how do you know the Club isnt making much needed revenue from these jumpers?

For all intents and purposes, there is nothing wrong with the jumper - its our colours, it has an untampered logo, and its something a bit different for the NAB Cup. The big cross jumpers are mostly black and white, with very little red in them - would you really have preferred we played in them vs Collingwood on Friday night?

For all you know , every point you made above, may well be actually taking place - and youre comments may be stopping it from happening....thats my point.

lendog heaven
Club Player

loved it!

Tramps like us.............
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saints7 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

As for the two jumpers - as Armooo points out above ......last years training tops ARE far more powerful than that dribble on Friday.

You see, its not just about a "bit of fun" we are in a tight business, with tight margins and huge competition (not just AFL) but globally for supporter dollars.......if Man U's top looks awesome and little Johhny's daddy loves soccer as well as saints....he may decide that any extra income best go there........WE need to grab that revenue.

This is an ENORMOUS revenue spinner for our club (and cost) - IF we use our brilliant colors to max potential, market them and come up with a killer design the envy of all........we stand to make mega bucks for some time to come.......its a friggin business after all.
All valid points there Teflon, and i'm not debating that - what I get annoyed with is that the Club probably have that exact view point in mind, but then have people like you condemn their attempt and try to deter people from liking it, and therefore not buy it. Just because you dont like it, and like some other designs, so be it - but why try and persuade people to dislike something that as you say "we're in a tight business" - how do you know the Club isnt making much needed revenue from these jumpers?

For all intents and purposes, there is nothing wrong with the jumper - its our colours, it has an untampered logo, and its something a bit different for the NAB Cup. The big cross jumpers are mostly black and white, with very little red in them - would you really have preferred we played in them vs Collingwood on Friday night?

For all you know , every point you made above, may well be actually taking place - and youre comments may be stopping it from happening....thats my point.
And for all you know the jumpers a revenue fizzer in comparison to what our training top design from last year could have drawn in????????? Point is - no one knows.

Last I looked this is a St Kilda FC fan forum for opinion.........people, like you, state your opinion and ultimately make up your own mind. To suggest "Im persuading people from buying one"is utter garbage. To also suggest because you like EVERYTHING that comes out of the club means others cant criticise their decisions is complete nonsense.

I reiterate - the jumper comes second only to the faded apron as an abomination. It looks like a kids drawn it. Why do we have to put up with year after year lame @ssed designs when we have such striking colors? When we have such strong symbolism as the cross??

Why cant we see some imagination in the design - like the black trainign tops with the white cross - as opposed to some goose in marketing saying "hey boys......lets just make the logo bigger".

Hope they didnt spend years at Harvard coming up with those strategies...

There, hope that didnt "dissuade" anyone from purchasing one.......Id never suggest people dont have their own mind.... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
AlpineStars
Club Player

I don't care if the boys want to play in their PJ's as long as we win :P :P

Wake me up when September ends.
lefty
Club Player

Cant believe people like this jumper? I'd like to see age posted because whether you do or don't like it.

The cross and the candy Cain stripes were the only good ones imo.

Nothing beats the original though.