12 Months Ago

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

12 Months Ago

It is certainly preferable to win matches than lose. And when we do lose each of us looks to the obvious problems in the team. Perhaps we should cast our mind back to the pre-season of 2009. I may have this wrong but my recollection was that last year's pre-season was pretty similar to this. We had a number of good results, and one rather large beating from Port That result proved insignificant, and perhaps was the catalyst for an excellent performance in the main event.
The loss to the Bulldogs may prove just as valuable.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: 12 Months Ago

might be what is needed to jolt a few guys into action. i hope you are right.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Still smarting from the loss, but by the time Round one is played it will be forgotten! A glorified practice match! The NAB cup will be consigned to the dustbin of history before too long and we can instead have a longer season of the "Real stuff"!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Re: 12 Months Ago

DownAtTheJunction wrote:It is certainly preferable to win matches than lose. And when we do lose each of us looks to the obvious problems in the team. Perhaps we should cast our mind back to the pre-season of 2009. I may have this wrong but my recollection was that last year's pre-season was pretty similar to this. We had a number of good results, and one rather large beating from Port That result proved insignificant, and perhaps was the catalyst for an excellent performance in the main event.
The loss to the Bulldogs may prove just as valuable.
Coaches will have learnt more from that game last night than any other game we played in the NAB Cup. You can be sure there will be aspects of the game they will be working on over the next 2 weeks. I expect the Saints to be solid in the opening rounds without being brilliant.

Personally I would feel more comfortable if we had more KPP prospects in the back line - last year you always knew that Max's shadow was hovering over Zac and it seemed to lift his game. This year there doesnt appear the same pressure / urgency with Zac - perhaps subconsciously he isnt feeling the same pressure to perform.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

We lost to Port by 52 points in our l;ast practice match. The week before we sat about laughing with the Bulldogs supporters at the ineptitude of our teams.

At qtr time v Sydney in Round 1 we were four goals down, and hadn't scored a goal.

Keep calm

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)