SCARF "Display of Unity" !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SCARF "Display of Unity" !!

Just a reminder of an idea that came out of the Family Day at Etihad Stadium the day after the Grand Final (Michael Roberts' idea) for a UNIQUE SAINTS DISPLAY OF UNITY

ALL SAINTS MEMBERS/FANS TO HOLD THEIR SCARVES ABOVE THEIR HEADS WHEN THE PLAYERS RUN ON TO THE FIELD

It was a magic sight at the Family Day and I'm sure that it gave EVERYONE present, including the players a real lift. Let's see if we can replicate it at every game this year, starting on Saturday Night.

If we can ALL encourage those around us to join in with this DISPLAY OF UNITY we can make this thing work. Who's going to be part of it? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: SCARF "Display of Unity" !!

i'm in

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I just sent an e-mail off to Michael Nettlefold asking if the club can encourage members/fans to participate via the Ground Announcer and the Members e-mail.

Will post any reply I receive !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintDebi
Club Player

Count me in! Great idea.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Nice work Eastern !! (oops..breach of copyright??)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Love the idea of holding the scarves up, but the only problem is, you can't clap. Do we need some recording of clapping to make amends?

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Just a reminder of an idea that came out of the Family Day at Etihad Stadium the day after the Grand Final (Michael Roberts' idea) for a UNIQUE SAINTS DISPLAY OF UNITY

ALL SAINTS MEMBERS/FANS TO HOLD THEIR SCARVES ABOVE THEIR HEADS WHEN THE PLAYERS RUN ON TO THE FIELD

It was a magic sight at the Family Day and I'm sure that it gave EVERYONE present, including the players a real lift. Let's see if we can replicate it at every game this year, starting on Saturday Night.

If we can ALL encourage those around us to join in with this DISPLAY OF UNITY we can make this thing work. Who's going to be part of it? !!
Love it, Eastern. Should be more of that sort of thing.

Our ground announcer should announce it on the PA.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Tue 30 Mar 2010 1:00am, edited 1 time in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Love the idea of holding the scarves up, but the only problem is, you can't clap. Do we need some recording of clapping to make amends?
No, the visual aspect of this idea is far, far more powerful than boring clapping!

If we assume 20-25K of the crowd in attendance are members, they should all have the freebee scraves.

We can still yell our heads off remember!

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Well I will have my scarf there ready to wave at in round 17... I would do it from home every other week but I dont think that it would have the same effect :)
Awesome idea though

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Its gonna have to be heavily promoted pre game though

We are creatures of habit..and our habits are to applaud ahen the team runs out, and clap along to the song. Works in soccer cos they sing not clap

Maybe the moment should be immediately AFTER the song is played?

I reckon its an awesome idea..but its gonna be everyone..just having the odd scarf here and there raised would just look lame

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Its gonna have to be heavily promoted pre game though

We are creatures of habit..and our habits are to applaud ahen the team runs out, and clap along to the song. Works in soccer cos they sing not clap

Maybe the moment should be immediately AFTER the song is played?

I reckon its an awesome idea..but its gonna be everyone..just having the odd scarf here and there raised would just look lame
I like the idea of doing it just before the siren for the bounce. But the more the better, you right, it's about making it a habit

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
esaint66
SS Life Member

I'm in :D
Just hope i'm not on my own here :wink: :lol:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

I like the idea of doing it just before the siren for the bounce.
But the more the better, you right, it's about making it a habit

IMO..when the players run on is better.

Just prior to bounce may irritate a lot of people as you are going to obscure a lot pf peoples view (by the scarves, but also by people standing) at a very important time.

When the players run on I don't think to many will mind.
But many including me want to see the first bounce and resulting play.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Southern Cross please note!

Gday Folks!
Just arrived back from Harbour City, and need a week to recover! (the bridge climb was something else! and gave my Dicky knee a good workout!)
One of the enjoyable "bonus points" from Saturday was the ease in getting to and from ANZ stadium. We travelled free with our footy tickets, and the return trip was a breeze...even got a seat for goodness sake! :roll: It certainly put Metro and Southern cross station to shame!
The other bonus was an Irish bar across the street from our hotel in Riley Street...the Guinness & Jamesons flowed, and "febfast" was relegated to the dustbin of history :lol: :lol:
Sending love to all

Dave :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

SORRY :oops: I thought I was doing an OP..but must have hit "reply" to this topic..A great Idea Tom! I'm in!!!!! (disregard my other drivel :oops: )

stinger
Saintsational Legend

yep.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mrkiss
Club Player

scarves

after the game a few of us got our scarves up as the players ran towards the squad end

so I say before the game and definately after when we win is a goer !!

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Perhaps we can nominate half the ground to clap and the other half to hold up scarves, then we will get both effects.
I will nominate as a clapper as I have big hands and a small neck. :lol:

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I just sent an e-mail off to Michael Nettlefold asking if the club can encourage members/fans to participate via the Ground Announcer and the Members e-mail.

any word yet Eastern?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I just sent an e-mail off to Michael Nettlefold asking if the club can encourage members/fans to participate via the Ground Announcer and the Members e-mail.

Well done Eastern! Hope we can get the club behind it.

And the Rooeeeee chant too.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

CeilidhSaint wrote:Perhaps we can nominate half the ground to clap and the other half to hold up scarves, then we will get both effects.
I will nominate as a clapper as I have big hands and a small neck. :lol:
Sheesh - glad I'm a slow reader :P

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

any word yet Eastern?
Nothing yet Bratty !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Southern Cross please note!

thejiggingsaint wrote:Gday Folks!
Just arrived back from Harbour City, and need a week to recover! (the bridge climb was something else! and gave my Dicky knee a good workout!)
One of the enjoyable "bonus points" from Saturday was the ease in getting to and from ANZ stadium. We travelled free with our footy tickets, and the return trip was a breeze...even got a seat for goodness sake! :roll: It certainly put Metro and Southern cross station to shame!
The other bonus was an Irish bar across the street from our hotel in Riley Street...the Guinness & Jamesons flowed, and "febfast" was relegated to the dustbin of history :lol: :lol:
Sending love to all

Dave :lol:
Agree.
we stayed in Strathfield, for those that don’t know its a fair way out from the city. I’m guessing roughly the distance of Ringwood to the City.
as the hotel was a good 30min walk from the station, i caught a bus there, waited 2mins at the most, then paid $1 to get to the station. from there i bought a $2.50 all day ticket (train, bus, ferry) and waited 5 mins for the express city train, what took 14 mins to get to central.
it was seriously like being in heaven; cheap tickets, no waiting, fast service, plus 3 levels of seats on the train, so guaranteed a seat!
and remember...this was all on a saturday, not peek hour friday :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Re: scarves

mrkiss wrote:after the game a few of us got our scarves up as the players ran towards the squad end

so I say before the game and definately after when we win is a goer !!
There were only a few of us doing it but it still looked good, I hope it catches on.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

It was great to be at "our" end for the game. I managed to see "3rd Generation" (sorry not to have been able to have a beer with you Bruce :( ) as well as Dools too. There was a great old vibe around the spot and although it went quiet at times in that 4th quarter :roll: the atmosphere at the end was brilliant!