Herald Sun report, all about Luke Ball, why?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Herald Sun report, all about Luke Ball, why?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/r ... 5849241187
THE reason St Kilda pushed Luke Ball to the point of no return last season suddenly became clearer against North Melbourne.

It does not need him.
But the talking point this week will be Ball and to everyone outside St Kilda, the ugly departure of a much-loved former captain has remained something of a bitter mystery.

Why would coach Ross Lyon keep a player as decorated as Ball either out of the side, or benched, throughout critical times last season?

If it infuriated Saints fans at first, they suddenly became a lot more comfortable with the outcome last night, as a Ball-less midfield sparkled in the 23.5 (143) to 6.3 (39) triumph.
There's more of the same but it's not worth quoting.

The Hun has a whole week to focus on the Luke Ball story (unless he gets dropped). Could they not just concentrate on last night's game first.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

"unless he gets dropped' is a good point. He didn't have a great game, although he had plenty of friends in the Pies lineup.

I reckon he'll keep his spot because they're playing us.

BTW it's no good complaining about what journos do. They're like crocodiles, sharks, etc: predators looking for the smell of blood.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Herald Sun report, all about Luke Ball, why?

kosifantutti23 wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/r ... 5849241187
THE reason St Kilda pushed Luke Ball to the point of no return last season suddenly became clearer against North Melbourne.

It does not need him.
But the talking point this week will be Ball and to everyone outside St Kilda, the ugly departure of a much-loved former captain has remained something of a bitter mystery.

Why would coach Ross Lyon keep a player as decorated as Ball either out of the side, or benched, throughout critical times last season?

If it infuriated Saints fans at first, they suddenly became a lot more comfortable with the outcome last night, as a Ball-less midfield sparkled in the 23.5 (143) to 6.3 (39) triumph.

The Hun has a whole week to focus on the Luke Ball story (unless he gets dropped). Could they not just concentrate on last night's game first.
Couldn't agree more. One of the more bizarre artucles I've ever read. Was suuposed to be a wrap up of our game against North. Instead all it focusses on is why we got Rid of ball/or why Ball walked. I know it will come up a lot this week but fair dinkum, talk about clutching at straws.

I'm less and less intersted in what Luke Ball's doing the longer the season goes on. I'm sure RL wishes he had access to one of these emoticons :roll: so he could hold one up every time he gets asked a question about Ball this week.

Duggie
Club Player

He did not set the world on fire against the Demons :lol:

A Saint Forever!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Yep, Collingwood would be wise to drop him to the VFL until he learns to follow coaches' instructiions.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and there is this article
Ball fine, Johnson a worry

Tony Sheahan
IT WILL be business as usual for new Collingwood recruit Luke Ball this week, despite an impending clash with former club St. Kilda.

Ball is not expected to talk publicly in the lead up to the St Kilda match, and the Pies will do their utmost to shield him.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 5849277769

fact or fiction- . But, he is spending more time on the ground at Collingwood than off it. may have yesterday But didn't last week.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
goodie
Club Player

Lazy journalism, why heap praise on us or criticise North for the game he was meant to be reporting on when he can pull some garbage about Ball he didn't have punlished last year?

GSG
Club Player

Hey guys - let’s not get too precious and carried away. I know (and agree wholeheartedly), we do get a lot of crap from the press and particularly the channel 10 commentary team, but this time I thought it was quite good. The article started like this:

The reason St Kilda pushed Luke Ball to the point of no return last season suddenly became clearer last night …. IT DOES NOT NEED HIM.

I know they rambled on a bit, but let’s face it, this was more a pat on our backs than Lukey’s.
[/u]

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Thought exactly the same thing - Useless article centered around Ball.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

get used to it this week.....the papers will be full of the same crap......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:get used to it this week.....the papers will be full of the same crap......

Correct....

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Herald Sun report, all about Luke Ball, why?

kosifantutti23 wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/r ... 5849241187

It does not need him.

Pretty simple really;

Collingwood sells newspapers

Neutral supporters believe the Collingwood propoganda

That combination means that Rupert Murdock won't have the arze out of his pants for at least another week !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't matter if it's a non issue within the St Kilda footy club this week.

The reality is, Luke Ball leaving St Kilda was one of the biggest AFL stories of recent times.

It's not just the media pumping it up, externally there is going to be HEAPS of interest in Ball lining up against the Saints this week.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote:Hey guys - let’s not get too precious and carried away. I know (and agree wholeheartedly), we do get a lot of crap from the press and particularly the channel 10 commentary team, but this time I thought it was quite good. The article started like this:

The reason St Kilda pushed Luke Ball to the point of no return last season suddenly became clearer last night …. IT DOES NOT NEED HIM.

I know they rambled on a bit, but let’s face it, this was more a pat on our backs than Lukey’s.
[/u]
I'm not concerned if they were pumping up our tyres over the whole saga or critisizing the saints. It happened nearly 5 months ago. WE read all about it leading into Rd 1 of the NAB cup. I expect some publicity this week to do with it, but I don't expect a journalist when commenting on a game that Ball wasn't even involved in, to crap on about Luke Ball. It was irrelevent to the issue - the issue being our great win over North.

I've got no problem with critical articles re the saints, and in some instances would prefer it so that players and supporters alike keep their feet on the ground. I'm just baffled as to what relevance Ball had to our victory last Sat night.