I'M P1SSED OFF!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

That's a better post mate ;)!! I actually liked the language :P

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Quixote is a top bloke... except when he is under the affluence of icohol :P

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Or is it Alcohol :lol:

Quixote
SS Life Member

the affluence of alcohol huh?

one would have to be a viticulturist or jim morrison
Last edited by Quixote on Sat 10 Apr 2010 3:18am, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:the affluence of alcohol huh?

one would have to be a viticulturist or jim morrison, yeah....
Just edit your OP and take the c bomb out of it and all will be good :wink:

It seems to have been done.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Sat 10 Apr 2010 3:19am, edited 1 time in total.

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

But seriously apart from the "C" bomb it was a good post??? right???

Quixote
SS Life Member

The question remains -

Why did Ross ignore/f***-up/misinterpret our FWD line in the 1st half?

It has cost us Roo for what I think is 8 weeks.

I was feeling sick in the stomach when I saw Roo alone in that first, and second, quarter. We kicked to him when whenever we got it. And 5 FILTHY Pies swooped.

Whatever all you say - coaching error for mine.

BIG MEN IN THE FWD LINE FFS
Last edited by Quixote on Sat 10 Apr 2010 3:25am, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Gards At FF ?? not a bad move i wanted this all year last year!!

Quixote
SS Life Member

St Kildas extremely gutsy win comes not expected, but gladly welcomed as a result of Lyon's strict, inspiring, disciplined regime.

However.

Ross f***ed UP with his forward line tonight.

Roo will be back, in a month or so hopefully -

But don't expect to see THAT setup ever again.

The Pies just pushed it out of operation.

/end

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:St Kildas extremely gutsy win comes not expected, but gladly welcomed as a result of Lyon's strict, inspiring, disciplined regime.

However.

Ross f***ed UP with his forward line tonight.

Roo will be back, in a month or so hopefully -

But don't expect to see THAT setup ever again.

The Pies just pushed it out of operation.

/end
If you asked Roo, or any other power forward, what their ideal forward set-up would be, they would say, "me, inside 50, one-out".

That's exactly what Lyon was working to achieve.

na exa
Club Player

Keep this trash at BF where it belongs
thats not the first time i've seen you use that line

and its another crock of your hot poo

theres more trash in this joint ...well, there was, while you were running the show

but i agree ... great win .

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:The question remains -

I was feeling sick in the stomach when I saw Roo alone in that first, and second, quarter. We kicked to him when whenever we got it. And 5 FILTHY Pies swooped.

So Roo was injured because Stanley didnt play. Thats makes sense. By the way have you seen any of our seconds big men play in the last 4 weeks? ot do we just play one even if out of form?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what the f*** are you on about Q??

no seriously, youve totally lost me

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

na exa wrote:

theres more trash in this joint ...well, there was, while you were running the show

I'm not afraid to admit that I spend more time posting on Bigfooty because it seems everyone respects me more her than there. it seems whenever I voice an opinion on this site, polpe have to make sarcastic answers and say how much of a friggen idiot I am. I put the same level ehaded post on BF and get much better reception for it (except suprise, suprise from my fellow saints fans)

BF may be a more hostile environment but lately there ahs been better discussion topics on there. If someone posts crap, why not say take it to the Bay. Don't lambast the entire site just because of a select few wankers on that site.

However after last night I just want to be around other sainters and bask in the lovefest...

Quixote
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

So Roo was injured because Stanley didnt play. Thats makes sense. By the way have you seen any of our seconds big men play in the last 4 weeks? ot do we just play one even if out of form?
Who the hell mentioned Stanley? Or if I've been watching the seconds? Strange post Slugger.

MY POINT was - Ross Lyon dropped both McEvoy and Pattison, for a game that was already missing Kosi.

Gwilt was played as the only other 'tall' forward in the first half. He didn't do well up there. He's a great player I think Jimmy - but coming from half-back.

Essentially in the first half, it was Kick It To Roo all over. Ross was trying to fulfill his midfield-goalkicking-dream-fantasy in that half - and while this was happening, Riewoldt was getting smashed by up to five Collingwood players at a time.

And what was the result?

Yes, rhetorical.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Who the hell mentioned Stanley? Or if I've been watching the seconds? Strange post Slugger.

MY POINT was - Ross Lyon dropped both McEvoy and Pattison, for a game that was already missing Kosi.

Gwilt was played as the only other 'tall' forward in the first half. He didn't do well up there. He's a great player I think Jimmy - but coming from half-back.

Essentially in the first half, it was Kick It To Roo all over. Ross was trying to fulfill his midfield-goalkicking-dream-fantasy in that half - and while this was happening, Riewoldt was getting smashed by up to five Collingwood players at a time.

And what was the result?

Yes, rhetorical.
You didnt mention Stanley, you mentioned talls so it wasnt hard to work out. The point is the injury hadnothing to do with RL not playing another tall.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We are all worried about Roo, but Collingwood players did not cause him to do a hamstring....

PaulieGa
Club Player

While Ross is at it should Dennis Pagan also apologise for leaving Wayne Carey one out inside the forward 50 the exact same way and for North Melbourne winning a flag? I mean Carey may have accidently done a soft tissue injury.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

na exa wrote:

Sorry..i cant let this go..

If the level of language in the OP is deemed acceptable without warning by the existing mods..then Im damned glad I got out.

Sorry if you think my opinion is shyte (oh sorry..hot poo) gaz..i really am

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Quixote
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And what was the result?

Yes, rhetorical.
You didnt mention Stanley, you mentioned talls so it wasnt hard to work out. The point is the injury hadnothing to do with RL not playing another tall.

Umm, Stanley never crossed my mind, actually. I think we'll have to cop several more injuries if he's to play this year.

Ross Lyon mismanaged our forward line last night. It's simple. Riewoldt had as many as five players on him at times. Before doing the hammy, he had been down in the rooms from the Brown hit. He was generally on and off the ground and proppy AT BEST when the hammy was pulled. Did you watch the game? Roo was hobbling around the friggin forward line in the second quarter and I was honestly fuming and waiting for the inevitable.
Last edited by Quixote on Sat 10 Apr 2010 3:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

What any team selections or Collingwood players treatment of Roo has absolutely ANYTHING to do with pulling a hammy is way beyond me. Funny post, but totally WRONG.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And what was the result?

Yes, rhetorical.

Umm, Stanley never crossed my mind, actually. I think we'll have to cop several more injuries if he's to play this year.

Ross Lyon mismanaged our forward line last night. It's simple. Riewoldt had as many as five players on him at times. Before doing the hammy, he had been down in the rooms from the Brown hit. He was generally on and off the ground and proppy AT BEST when the hammy was pulled. Did you watch the game? Roo was half-limping around the friggin forward line in the second quarter and I was honestly fuming and waiting for the inevitable.
I actually wondering if you watched the game if you think Rooy went to the rooms after the Brown hit. He went to the rooms after hurting his ankle. None of this had anything to do with Rooy being the only tall forward. you are looking for excuses for your carry on last night. RL didnt cause any injury to Roo. Pretty simple really.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:What any team selections or Collingwood players treatment of Roo has absolutely ANYTHING to do with pulling a hammy is way beyond me. Funny post, but totally WRONG.
+1

Besides, his disgracefully bad forward set up kicked 8 goals against North before Roo even got into the game last week...contributors everywhere, as with last night. I hope RL f**** up every week!

Quixote
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:What any team selections or Collingwood players treatment of Roo has absolutely ANYTHING to do with pulling a hammy is way beyond me. Funny post, but totally WRONG.
You'd make a great barrister :oops:

:wink:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Quixote
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And what was the result?

Yes, rhetorical.

Ross Lyon mismanaged our forward line last night. It's simple. Riewoldt had as many as five players on him at times. Before doing the hammy, he had been down in the rooms from the Brown hit. He was generally on and off the ground and proppy AT BEST when the hammy was pulled. Did you watch the game? Roo was half-limping around the friggin forward line in the second quarter and I was honestly fuming and waiting for the inevitable.
I actually wondering if you watched the game if you think Rooy went to the rooms after the Brown hit. He went to the rooms after hurting his ankle. None of this had anything to do with Rooy being the only tall forward. you are looking for excuses for your carry on last night. RL didnt cause any injury to Roo. Pretty simple really.

Hmm nit-picking, yus, ... Either way, Roo was on and off the ground AND in the rooms, prior to injury. FACT. And yes, it had a lot to do with Roo being the only tall forward. This is a simple fact. If Mac or Patt or friggin Donald Duck was down there, Roo would not have had five layers of filth kicking into him at every chance. I don't understand why people can't fathom this. And further, join the dots. Roo was physically proppy, groggy and nqr. Result?

No excuses for my carry on last night. But meh. Swearing is swearing. Pretty sure it's low grade on the current karma/social crimes scale.

Nanny state.
Last edited by Quixote on Sat 10 Apr 2010 3:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo