The SCARF Report !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The SCARF Report !!

WOW !!

It really took off last night. From where I was on L1 (Aisle36) there were plenty of passionate saints joining in. There were plenty in our area, including the club (membership?) volunteers who sit in the front row. There were scarves held aloft on L2 above and to the sides of us. There were scarves held aloft in the Cheersquad. There were scarves held aloft in the Social Club. How did the Moorabbin Wing go? I can't see up there from where I sit.

What pleased me even more was that people were holding scarves aloft and waving them about when we got a "Roll-On" in the last Quarter and the sea of scarves after the final siren was a sight to behold.

Yes, the idea requires a little co-ordination but it really took off last night. It is now up to each and every one of us to not only keep it going but to continue to grow the concept.
WELL DONE PASSIONATE SAINTS FANS !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintDebi
Club Player

Moorabbin wing looked good from where I sit (L1, Aisle 40). Made a point of looking to see. I could also see a good lot a few bays away, which would have been your lot in Aisle 36, Eastern. Hubby and I had ours up, but we're row A and I forgot to look behind me to see how the rest of our bay did!

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

We did it on L3, Aisle 36.

A Collingwood supporter tapped me on the shoulder and asked me what was going on. Thought we were unveiling a new scarf.

I told him we are campaigning the supporters to all do it. He was impressed.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: The SCARF Report !!

Eastern wrote:WOW !!

It really took off last night. From where I was on L1 (Aisle36) there were plenty of passionate saints joining in. There were plenty in our area, including the club (membership?) volunteers who sit in the front row. There were scarves held aloft on L2 above and to the sides of us. There were scarves held aloft in the Cheersquad. There were scarves held aloft in the Social Club. How did the Moorabbin Wing go? I can't see up there from where I sit.

What pleased me even more was that people were holding scarves aloft and waving them about when we got a "Roll-On" in the last Quarter and the sea of scarves after the final siren was a sight to behold.

Yes, the idea requires a little co-ordination but it really took off last night. It is now up to each and every one of us to not only keep it going but to continue to grow the concept.
WELL DONE PASSIONATE SAINTS FANS !!

Hi Tom,

IMHO it would be a good idea to contact the club and suggest to them that this idea be included in a message or article and sent out to all members via the club's email database, so that most members would get official notification of this intention and it would reach out to the entire database who are signed up for the emails sent from the club.

Some pics of Liverpool's famous Kop

Keep up the good work!

Cheers :wink:
Last edited by barks4eva on Sat 10 Apr 2010 12:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
danners
Club Player

i absolutely love the kop in full flight! cant wait to see it at a saints game!

21 years old, proud member since 1998!
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

That would spectacular barks, especially with the design of our scarves.

I actually reckon the Pies supporters were a little shell shocked by us last night.

We really have turned the stadium in to our own home ground, a cauldron.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

This is just fantastic, congrats to everyone, keep it going.

To be honest I forgot to have a look at the TV, but will look closely when I watch the replay (for the 3rd time)........

Getting it included in the Members email is a great idea.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote: Getting it included in the Members email is a great idea.
AND not just a once off message from the club, thinking more like a permanent little add/message/reminder that comes with every email sent, imploring Saints fans to make this happen!

It would IMHO bring a certain prestige to the club and might possibly help with marketing and membership numbers if Saints supporters were recognized as the Australian equivalent of Liverpool's Kop!

Keep up the good work Tom, I like your enthusiasm!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern and others have mentioned it to the Club and it is being taken to team meeting- management that is

was interesting that thy used the image from last years post G/F when it was done as part of the advertising late in the week

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the encouragement folks. I definately won't be letting this one go. Any/all assistance greatfully accepted

I have been informed that this idea will be "Pushed" at the weekly Management Meeting this week.

I know that if we can get the club to assist through Members e-mail and Ground Announcer we can take it to the next level !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote: I have been informed that this idea will be "Pushed" at the weekly Management Meeting this week.

I know that if we can get the club to assist through Members e-mail and Ground Announcer we can take it to the next level !!
That's the key!

Keep up the good work

:wink:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

ONYA Tom my old sprite-shouting buddy :wink: :lol:

see you @ the Victory Room pre-game next Sunday I hope!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Today is the first time i have been on here since the season began i came on to get a rational view on the Malthouse/Milne thing. But then i found this post. I have had my scarf above my head for the 2 games this year after being at the post GF event and listening to Robbo mention what an awesome sight it was for the players to witness this love of the club. i will continue to do this and urge all members to support the boys in this manner for the remaining 9 home games and 3 finals. Imagine the view around the world as the Saints win the premiership in 2010 and ths scarves aloft in support.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote: I have been informed that this idea will be "Pushed" at the weekly Management Meeting this week.

That's the key!

Keep up the good work

:wink:
Thanks for that. Should hear something from the club sometime this week !!

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Good work sainters, it looked great on tv too, I was keeping an eye out for all those scarves high and proud

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I should pay more attention. TBH I haven't noticed it on TV yet.