A forlorn figure after the game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Mr Magic wrote: -The following week he is towelled up by Jobe Watson and finds himself back at Sandringham.
too many points to go through individaully but...
Ball was not on Watson that night
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... 2aa5163961
(sorry it took me ages to track it down)

Seeya
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: -The following week he is towelled up by Jobe Watson and finds himself back at Sandringham.
too many points to go through individaully but...
Ball was not on Watson that night
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... 2aa5163961
(sorry it took me ages to track it down)
So you think it would be fairer to say he had a poor game when he was tried as a hff and failed, then played in the middle where he had little influence?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I assume when he was tried at HFF they were trying to find him a role, as we know he wasn't happy with the role of a burst player with limited TOG.

Both Ross and Luke have admitted since that they were trying to find him a fit, and there were no guarantee's of one in 2010.

Luke had a good game on Friday night, the difference being that while his kicking was poor, he still had the public backing of his coach.

It really makes sense to me now, what he wanted, Ross couldn't give him.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Yes, Ball had the support of his coach - and that's what Lyon meant when he said 'expectations on both sides were not met'

Not all one way traffic, as some would have you believe :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Luke had a good game on Friday night, the difference being that while his kicking was poor, he still had the public backing of his coach.

???????????????? Good game. I think like many in the media you are easily pleased.

I think you will find that Ball racked up his possessions as Saints players were more worried about other Pie players.

Ball turns it over..and so possessions he gains are greatly discounted.

Look at the last time Ball played the Saints in the NAB Cup.
Schneider started the game playing wide of Ball. Ball won possessions and did scant with them.

Schneider won possessions and had two goals and afew set-ups with damaging use of the ball.

Ball will gain possessions againts the Saints because Lyon knows him well and is content to back a St Kilda player to do a lot more damage than Ball will....and so will not man him up. Luke's opponent will alwys play wide of him.

And if Luke does sneak forward as a result? Again he is unlikely to hurt you, whereas his opponent will hurt the Pies.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I stick to my opinion, from what I saw, he had a good game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:

???????????????? Good game. I think like many in the media you are easily pleased.

I think you will find that Ball racked up his possessions as Saints players were more worried about other Pie players.

Ball turns it over..and so possessions he gains are greatly discounted.

Look at the last time Ball played the Saints in the NAB Cup.
Schneider started the game playing wide of Ball. Ball won possessions and did scant with them.

Schneider won possessions and had two goals and afew set-ups with damaging use of the ball.

Ball will gain possessions againts the Saints because Lyon knows him well and is content to back a St Kilda player to do a lot more damage than Ball will....and so will not man him up. Luke's opponent will alwys play wide of him.

And if Luke does sneak forward as a result? Again he is unlikely to hurt you, whereas his opponent will hurt the Pies.
You dont rate our coaching panel then. They must be easily pleased as well.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sad that Luke is no longer with us, even sadder that so many are still kicking him, and distorting many unknowns to legitimise their anger.
Wish him all the best and will continue to hold his years of service in high regard. This is all I know - he put his body on the line for us to his own detriment year after year. The recent past is but conjecture. Our interpretations of others motives reveal more of ourselves.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
You mean this guy.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Saintsfan
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:Sad that Luke is no longer with us, even sadder that so many are still kicking him, and distorting many unknowns to legitimise their anger.
Wish him all the best and will continue to hold his years of service in high regard. This is all I know - he put his body on the line for us to his own detriment year after year. The recent past is but conjecture. Our interpretations of others motives reveal more of ourselves.
It's like saying wrong of an ex just to make yourself feel better. Bit pointless with all the chest thumping. But of course, Saints fans know best

The Saintsfan Cometh
Lennon
Club Player

Re: Gram counting the money

Saint Mik wrote:
Some said I wonder if Luke thought to himself "geez I could of been part of this famous victory tonight" NEWS FLASH he would not be in this side under RL

Went for the coin Luke and now the pressure is on you, no more hiding under Lenny's wing Luke your on your own you filthy money hungry overrated bench warmer.
I find statements like these rather baffling.

He would not be in the side under RL, yet he went for the coin?

Why the resentment of him leaving if he would not have a place in the side if he had stayed?

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

WHY DON'T YOU ALL GET OVER IT HE'S GONE IT WAS HIS CHOICE TO MAKE AND HE HAS TO LIVE WITH IT.
SO LEAVE THE GUY ALONE.
YOU ARE ALL PATHETIC HE'S NOT THE FIRST PLAYER TO LEAVE AND HE WON'T BE THE LAST :evil:

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:WHY DON'T YOU ALL GET OVER IT HE'S GONE IT WAS HIS CHOICE TO MAKE AND HE HAS TO LIVE WITH IT.
SO LEAVE THE GUY ALONE.
YOU ARE ALL PATHETIC HE'S NOT THE FIRST PLAYER TO LEAVE AND HE WON'T BE THE LAST :evil:
Who rattled your chain?

People have a right to be upset with the way that he left the club. No one has a problem with players leaving the club, but the way Luke made his exit has left a very bad taste in quite a few supporters mouths (and his own team mates if the grapevine is to be believed).

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Brooksy_Babe_24 wrote:WHY DON'T YOU ALL GET OVER IT HE'S GONE IT WAS HIS CHOICE TO MAKE AND HE HAS TO LIVE WITH IT.
SO LEAVE THE GUY ALONE.
People have the right to be upset with whoever they want, people have the right to There OWN opinions,
and stop yelling it doesnt get your point across any more, it makes you look silly.