Who makes way for Kosi?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I thought Fisher and gardner didn't do too much when forward at least zac made a couple of contests. I thought King might go out of the side for Mc Evoy by the sound of his vfl game. I would probably move king out and use kosi as a back up ruck running forward.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Our back six without Zac is still pretty damn fine. Not sure Zac did much wrong last night. Certainly not enough wrong to be dropped. And it's a bit rich asking a FB to go to FF then say, sorry, there's no place for you, but with one eye on Tredrea and the other on Hall the week after, I'm think Blake might be the better, bigger and more disciplined choice for 'that' spot.

That said, Lyon is traditionally fairly loathe to chop winning combo's.

Thought Peake was perhaps a tad more than just serviceable last night. I get a real sense he's slowly getting there. Just has a desperate 'I really wanna play in this side' vibe about him and from all reports I'm hearing his off field work ethic is perhaps unsurprisingly pretty impressive. But if Steven's form at Sandy supercedes where Peake's at then I'd suggest Peake may be in a bit of trouble.

Anmd then there's the whole ruck rotation thing. Maybe King gets to rest his weary bones and McEvoy is back. Mind you Kingy on Brogan has a nice sound about it. Argy bargy. Brogan will bang McEvoy around like a pinball.

I always wind up picking splinters out of my derriere when it comes to selecting our sides such is my level of fence sitting... Glad it ain't my job.
Last edited by Thinline on Mon 19 Apr 2010 10:32am, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Burkey 1
Club Player

I think Zac would be in trouble, definately way off last years form, two things with Zac this year, definately lighter and with Max and Goose gone perhaps has got himself in a bit of a comfort zone so maybe a couple of weeks out might just jolt him back into thinking he is not as safe as he thinks he is and needs to play a bit more of "saints footy".

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:So Zac is the new whipping boy, nothing new. Well I am going to stick up for the boy. First he is a confidence player, and that is obviously down at the moment. Last week he had 4 frees paid against him, 3 were not there.

Master stroke of Ross to put him on the forward line tonight, I thought he did very well. Maybe watch the replay and you will see he had a hand in 3 goals, so credit where credit it due.

No he didn't set the world on fire, but I think there were others who had a worse game tonight.
Someone has to be dropped for Kosi and if it aint Zac who should it be.
Agree Bev, I don't think Zac deserves to be dropped either.

I do encourage people to watch the replay, he really lifted when up forward, and did participate in a few goals. Personally I thought I saw his composure come back last night, which is really promising.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Kosi in....Peake OUT.

Raph will replace Peake.

Leave Zac at FF. He did ok up there last might.

Kosi @ CHF.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
bendigo bob
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:Zac or Raph.

I'm not sure Raph did enough today to hold his spot.

Having said that Zac has been ordinary for most of the year, I'd like to see Gaertner get promoted and have a crack down back sooner rather than later.
Watch the game again and then tell me Raph did not do enough!!

Without reading all your previous posts I do not know if you are a Raph hater or not but I thought he did more than enough to justify being in the team yesterday. I groan as much as anyone when he and other players make mistakes but I thought he was on the pace of the game pretty much straight away given it was his first game for the year. He will not be dropped - this week anyway.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Out King, In Kosi

I don't feel bad saying that, I think he would be expecting it...

Saintsfan
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:Kosi in....Peake OUT.

Raph will replace Peake.

Kosi @ CHF.
I thought Zac proved once and for all that when he has to do something more with the ball than a 20 meter uncontested pass in the back 50 he struggles.

Kosi for Zac as Blake should go to Tredrea and Gilbert to Ebert.

Vindicated

The Saintsfan Cometh
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

At least Zac can be thrown foward if all else fails and get his hands on the ball.

Gotta be Raph, first game for the year I know, but just not up to it, Im sorry to say. Wish I could say different, but I cant.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:

Raph will replace Peake.

Kosi @ CHF.
I thought Zac proved once and for all that when he has to do something more with the ball than a 20 meter uncontested pass in the back 50 he struggles.

Vindicated
Not vindicated.

According to the coach himself, he set up three goals as FF, and even a dog's left nut could see he was a far more creative presence up forward than Fisher. I appreciate you don't rate Dawson - that's your well entitled opinion - but when the criticism is blatantly dishonest then someone's gotta tell ya!

Still, I do like your match ups for Port. And for the Dog's game, I'd prefer Blake to Hall.

Glad I'm not a selector.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
rexy
SS Life Member

I would say Kosi for Peake? Raph, Gwilt or Fisher to play more up the ground as a wingman/on baller.

Mac may come in for Gardy? Cant work out if we are rotating our rucks in a horses for courses type scenario or just trying to work out which combo we like best?

Maybe this year?
Milton66
SS Life Member

rexy wrote:I would say Kosi for Peake? Raph, Gwilt or Fisher to play more up the ground as a wingman/on baller.

Mac may come in for Gardy? Cant work out if we are rotating our rucks in a horses for courses type scenario or just trying to work out which combo we like best?
Agree on your first point.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Should be a tall forward making way for Kosi, hence Zac.
I would still give Stanley a game before McEvoy. Against Port might be a good time to blood him.

Milton66
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:Should be a tall forward making way for Kosi, hence Zac.
I would still give Stanley a game before McEvoy. Against Port might be a good time to blood him.
That leave's us 1 KPF short, unless you want BJ up there full time.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:At least Zac can be thrown foward if all else fails and get his hands on the ball.

Gotta be Raph, first game for the year I know, but just not up to it, Im sorry to say. Wish I could say different, but I cant.
did you watch the game, raph wasver solid, did his job and created a few lovely runs off half back. When he is up and going it will allow chips to play on the big monster (see brown last year) while still having to running backs.

Look it's about balance. We can cover zac down back and thus he was thrown forward. Like for like and kosi is a more experienced forward. Maybe just maybe gards gets a rest fom the road tripand macca comes in.

Thought peake was pretty good against his old side. Gives us pace as a back up.

Mini struggled with his touch early, what he brings to the side is tackling pressure and the ability to use the small amount of ball he gets to advantage every time. Unlikesay a dal who gets it 30+ times, mini can't afford to butcher a few of his 10-15 touches. Improved along with schneider in the second half.

Still it's a nice problem to have.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Quixote
SS Life Member

If we drop Peake for Kosi we just got a whole lot slower. Don't think it will happen.

Like for like - King out, Kosi in. Gardiner to ruck majority, Kosi backup roaming role, even Blake might be thrown through there if Gardy's stuffed.

Jeez, Gardy's fitness (questionable right now) is very important to us. If he's not right, give him a rest this week and play King.

Give Peake a couple more weeks, but he'll need to keep playing well.

Think Raph is pretty important to our structure. But chit he'll make me nervous should we reach the last day in September.

Mini is playing his role and is safe you'd think. But great to have players like Steven him and Peake honest.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Zac has just played his best game for the year, but I agree he should make way for Kosi.

While we're at it, if Jack Steven had another good one at Sandy today, I think Mini might be in danger.
mini under LOTS of pressure from jack steven. both play same position but JS might be a bit more creative.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Funny how the landscape changes in footy :wink:

Couple of weeks ago it was 'who does Kosi make way for'

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:So Zac is the new whipping boy, nothing new. Well I am going to stick up for the boy. First he is a confidence player, and that is obviously down at the moment. Last week he had 4 frees paid against him, 3 were not there.

Master stroke of Ross to put him on the forward line tonight, I thought he did very well. Maybe watch the replay and you will see he had a hand in 3 goals, so credit where credit it due.

No he didn't set the world on fire, but I think there were others who had a worse game tonight.
Someone has to be dropped for Kosi and if it aint Zac who should it be.
Agree Bev, I don't think Zac deserves to be dropped either.

I do encourage people to watch the replay, he really lifted when up forward, and did participate in a few goals. Personally I thought I saw his composure come back last night, which is really promising.
Your obviously not playing Kosi then.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Funny how the landscape changes in footy :wink:

Couple of weeks ago it was 'who does Kosi make way for'
He sorted that one all by himself.

Looking forward to seeing him in front of the sticks next week, unless Zac keeps him out, as you half suggested above.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saintsfan
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:

Raph will replace Peake.

Kosi @ CHF.

Vindicated
Not vindicated.

According to the coach himself, he set up three goals as FF, and even a dog's left nut could see he was a far more creative presence up forward than Fisher. I appreciate you don't rate Dawson - that's your well entitled opinion - but when the criticism is blatantly dishonest then someone's gotta tell ya!

Still, I do like your match ups for Port. And for the Dog's game, I'd prefer Blake to Hall.

Glad I'm not a selector.
However Kosi is a major step up from Dawson and Dawson was playing in Kosi's position. Therefore Dawson goes surely.

You are correct. I don't rate Dawson. Blind Freddy could play fullback considering the quality of players around him and helping him out.

It is much like how people over-rate Jon Brown during the premiership years of the Brisbane Lions. A person without legs could have kicked goals with a forward line Of Lynch, Bradshaw, McCrae, Aka, Voss et all around him

The Saintsfan Cometh
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

No, I didn't say that at all....I said it looked like Zac regained some composure while up forward and encouraged people to watch the replay.

I just want his confidence to lift, don't we all?

If you actually read my posts, both of you, I said on another thread who I thought should go out.

Nice try though :)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:

Raph will replace Peake.

Kosi @ CHF.

Vindicated
Not vindicated.

Glad I'm not a selector.
However Kosi is a major step up from Dawson and Dawson was playing in Kosi's position. Therefore Dawson goes surely.

You are correct. I don't rate Dawson. Blind Freddy could play fullback considering the quality of players around him and helping him out.

It is much like how people over-rate Jon Brown during the premiership years of the Brisbane Lions. A person without legs could have kicked goals with a forward line Of Lynch, Bradshaw, McCrae, Aka, Voss et all around him
Ergo you're expecting big things from Dawson then?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:No, I didn't say that at all....I said it looked like Zac regained some composure while up forward and encouraged people to watch the replay.

I just want his confidence to lift, don't we all?

If you actually read my posts, both of you, I said on another thread who I thought should go out.

Nice try though :)
Couldn't resist.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saintsfan
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:

Raph will replace Peake.

Kosi @ CHF.

Vindicated
Not vindicated.

Glad I'm not a selector.

Ergo you're expecting big things from Dawson then?
You are missing my point. I am not comparing the two players re their talents. I am saying that blind freddy could play fullback well considering the quality around him much like blind freddy kicking a bag (ala Jon Brown) during the Lions flag years.

The Saintsfan Cometh