No change next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:Blake full back?? Against Hall? hmm don't think so mate!
Better than Dawson on Hall

Sainter for life.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:Blake full back?? Against Hall? hmm don't think so mate!
My thoughts too. Has Blake ever gone near Barry Hall?

clarkie54
Club Player

No need to over react. The group played terrible and ross's press conference said it all. 13 - 7 inside 50's in the last quarter, just couldn't kick a score. Saying that:

Ray for Eddy
Gram for Peake

They are like for like changes in our structure.

Maybe Steven to play the McQualter position in the structure as well but would be surprised to see this.

What about Gwilt on Hall? Would have the athleticism, agility and speed of the mark. Would maybe get out busselled one on one but so would dawson.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I am with Bev and Clarkie54.
McQualter for Jack Steven. We really need his pace. Apart from that, Eddy and Peake for Ray and Gram, if both fit enough. On top of that, some thought has to be given to our rucks. McEvoy does better around the ground but gets slaughtered in the ruck contests. I dont think big Ben is the answer at this stage.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I am with Bev and Clarkie54.
McQualter for Jack Steven. We really need his pace. Apart from that, Eddy and Peake for Ray and Gram, if both fit enough. On top of that, some thought has to be given to our rucks. McEvoy does better around the ground but gets slaughtered in the ruck contests. I dont think big Ben is the answer at this stage.
Is Steven significantly faster than McQualter? Not that I have ever noticed.

McQualter had a poor game, but others are ahead of him in the queue to get dropped IMO.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I don't have a problem with players having a bad game/s. But McQualter has been off for quite a while, his kicking for goal is a problem.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We are not kicking enough goals, we don't have enough goalkickers, that is what the selectors need to have in mind this week.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:

McQualter had a poor game, but others are ahead of him in the queue to get dropped IMO.
Really, who?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:We are not kicking enough goals, we don't have enough goalkickers...
...this week. Where are those stats again K? We were doing OK until last night.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
SainterK wrote:We are not kicking enough goals, we don't have enough goalkickers...
...this week. Where are those stats again K? We were doing OK until last night.
I started a new thread, but nobody has replied :wink:

Actually it's got progressively worse.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

said it last week and will say it again. 32 has had a poor start and geary should take his place up forward

kaos theory
Club Player

meher baba wrote:

Steven IS significantly faster & more skilled than mini. Reminds me a little of Ablett Jnr, but obviously a long way from getting to that level.

Mini does have a more mature body, more experience and hardness at the contest, BUT he has not been exhibiting these qualites so far this year...

I would like to see steven in the team, he could come in for mini. But I doubt RL will replace an expereinced, tough defensive small forward with a creative, pacy & skilled attacking on-baller/forward for the dogs game....

Geary should stay in, he is a quality young player, with a lot of upside. Peak would go for gram in my book... Ray....possibly for eddy, though eddy wasn't too bad...

ace
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:We were the last team with an unbeaten record to be beaten... just saying :wink:

We have a great team, no need for panic at the selection table. Gram and Ray to return, I'd still like to see Stanley come in but that's probably unlikely. King has been doing a good job this year, McEvoy has done nothing to suggest he would be better than King.
Eade finally lost patience with Will Minson and dropped him to the VFL last weekend.
Reports indicate that Minson monstered McEvoy in the ruck but McEvoy shaded him around the ground.

McEvoy should not be brought into the St Kilda team until he can win a few ruck hitouts.
He first needs to concentrate on the ball in the ruck duel rather than trying in vain to shove his opponent around before the contest.

If McEvoy or Stanley come into the St Kilda team it must be as a forward target not as ruckmen.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
meher baba wrote:

Really, who?
Peake, for one. Raph's performance last night was borderline (although he was quite good against Freo).

For mine, Armitage - who was excellent against Freo - was extremely disappointing last night, but surely isn't going to be dropped.

McQualter was great last year, and has been ok in the first 4 rounds this year. He was poor last night, so what? He's a regular.

Some of you guys, if you had your way, would have half a dozen changes to the lineup each week.

Does Geelong do that? Did Brisbane do it in 2000-04?

So why do so many of you want to?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
maverick
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
maverick wrote:
meher baba wrote:

Really, who?
Peake, for one. Raph's performance last night was borderline (although he was quite good against Freo).

For mine, Armitage - who was excellent against Freo - was extremely disappointing last night, but surely isn't going to be dropped.

McQualter was great last year, and has been ok in the first 4 rounds this year. He was poor last night, so what? He's a regular.

Some of you guys, if you had your way, would have half a dozen changes to the lineup each week.

Does Geelong do that? Did Brisbane do it in 2000-04?

So why do so many of you want to?
You say there are a number to be dropped before Mini, not me. I think Mini is the one to be replaced. One change for mine, barring injury returns.

Peake, Armo, Geary, Ray, Schneider and Milne are all playing similar type roles but have all been thereabouts in the best players at least once this year. Mini has not for mine. I believe he's lost his way and I think all are providing more at this stage and Steven may be a better bet, at least to have a crack.

Raph, Zac, Kosi, Gwilt, King and other borderlines play different roles to Mini and can't be compared IMO.