Tommy Walsh

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Tommy Walsh

Does anyone know how big Tommy Walsh is travelling?

Haven't heard anything about him in a long time..

Has he played a game yet with the 2nds?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tommy Walsh

AccidentallyTim wrote:Does anyone know how big Tommy Walsh is travelling?

Haven't heard anything about him in a long time..

Has he played a game yet with the 2nds?
Was named in the best for Sandy firsts on Saturday.

Playing across the back line and coming along well by the sounds of it (though, understandably, still quite a way off)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tommy Walsh

Here area couple reports from BigFooty from posters that have watched Sandy play regularly:
blues2010 wrote:

Was a funny game due to the wind (read hurricane). Great to see Sandy on top undefeated and obivously if Saints can keep hold of the kids coming thru will be strong for a few years.

Patto to me was the best Saint, he had 22 possessions and 16 were contested, very strong game. Tommy Walsh played his best game and took some nice marks in defence but still not ready. Jack Steven arrived at the ground but was rushed off to Adelaide when Ray pulled out. Next week Coburg and should have Lynch, Sautner and Steven back. Looking good for 2010. Most of the best were Sandy listed players and Irving kicked 3 in the first quarter, Trigger is very classy and was great and Brad Howard was leading possession winner and looked ok

And..
( Note that Drago = Tommy)
Sqizzy1970 wrote:
Drago has improved plenty since the intra-club, particularly in the area of body positioning and deciding which option when in possession (showed some improvement against Werribee last week). But whilst the signs are good, Wool and Johnson often get the best forwards and playing in defence is a fair bit easier whilst the Zebs midfield is on top. Would like to see him keep playing well when the ball is coming in rapidly (as was the case against Port and the Bullants).
In the official match Summary Tommy was listed amongst the best Sandringham players.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 26 Apr 2010 6:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

That's great, I'm suprised there hasn't been more talk about him with all the hype at the start of the year.

Hope he picks up the game well because with a big body and his pace he could be an option up forward later in the year IMO.

I could see kozi in the square and Tommy at HF!

What a dreamer..

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

AccidentallyTim wrote:That's great, I'm suprised there hasn't been more talk about him with all the hype at the start of the year.

Hope he picks up the game well because with a big body and his pace he could be an option up forward later in the year IMO.

I could see kozi in the square and Tommy at HF!

What a dreamer..
Nothing wrong with dreamin' Tim :) :) :)

na exa
Club Player

accidently tasmanian

that can be a curse. 8-)

keeping an eye on bergholts thread might help ...
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=60743

and welcome.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Was a shocking day at Williamstown, blowing a gale. Tommy didn't get too much of it, but what i saw i liked.

He seems to position himself pretty well and has a very nice step. Used the ball on the couple of occasions he had it very nicely, and was not afraid to use his body.

Didn't look out of place, but remember backmen were helped by the wind and rain on Saturday and he isn't readfy by a long shot.

Still, i wouldn't be too dissapointed in his progress. From what I saw, he has some way to go, but is progressing very nicely indeed. :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Was a shocking day at Williamstown, blowing a gale. Tommy didn't get too much of it, but what i saw i liked.

He seems to position himself pretty well and has a very nice step. Used the ball on the couple of occasions he had it very nicely, and was not afraid to use his body.

Didn't look out of place, but remember backmen were helped by the wind and rain on Saturday and he isn't readfy by a long shot.

Still, i wouldn't be too dissapointed in his progress. From what I saw, he has some way to go, but is progressing very nicely indeed. :D
His kicking was superb from where he's coming from.

Very mechanical, and was clearly mindful of being technically correct even under pressure!

I LIKE!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Was a shocking day at Williamstown, blowing a gale. Tommy didn't get too much of it, but what i saw i liked.

His kicking was superb from where he's coming from.

Very mechanical, and was clearly mindful of being technically correct even under pressure!

I LIKE!
yeah well it was a really shocking day for accurate kicking, also very dark and well pretty miserable.

Maybe Tommy should take a couple of the senior boys aside and show them how a football is kicked tecnically correctly under pressure, from what i saw Saturday night, there is more than one who can take a leaf out of Tommy's book :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

na exa wrote:accidently tasmanian

that can be a curse.
Tell me about it!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
na exa
Club Player

the Dunalley Canel ... thats where it all happens mate . :D

on the king tide.

you'll make a million.

trust me. :lol:

then you'll love tassy.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage