Jimmy!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Credit to the fitness staff who I think have changed his program this year, he seems to be running out the games so much better.
Yep, at last Jimmy seems able to run out a game. That, and a bit of confidence were the main things lacking.

I was a huge fan until about a year ago, and then lost faith a bit. Sorry I did.

Go Jimmy!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Jimmy falls under the Jones/Blake rule. They were whipping boys for a while (I know I silently criticized them) but if you give them enough senior experience, they turn out to be gems. James Gwilt is proving to be a very important part of our team. In Ross we trust.

Badlands
Club Player

Geez - good point re Jones/Blake.
I'm reminded of how many 'Blake is rubbish' threads used to pop up on here, now if someone started one they'd be laughed out of town.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:Jimmy falls under the Jones/Blake rule. They were whipping boys for a while (I know I silently criticized them) but if you give them enough senior experience, they turn out to be gems. James Gwilt is proving to be a very important part of our team. In Ross we trust.
Yup, maybe there's something in this supporting all our players business... and perhaps one day it'll catch on, but I wont hold my breath.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Absolutely wondeful last night. Seemed to be the only player on the ground who had the guts to take em on. Excellent game from the Fro!

markp
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Absolutely wondeful last night. Seemed to be the only player on the ground who had the guts to take em on. Excellent game from the Fro!
Lenny just spat his cornflake out!... :wink:

but I know what you mean, him tucking the ball under his arm and ploughing through traffic is becoming his calling card.

Love the Gwilter!

Duggie
Club Player

mick13 wrote:Amazing transformation. I...don't know where he's come from.

But I'm not complaining!
Produced in Rabaul, honed in Noble Park , polished and seasoned at Moorabbin.
A fine gentleman to talk to.
A word of advice to all those posters who are lining up now to buy you a drink : Stay Cool. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

His kicking out of the back line reminds me of the year Gehrig spent in defence. Long, accurate left foot bombs. Seems to be using his strength really well too.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
3:16
Club Player

Jimmy has found his confidence, has now played enough games, he and Raph will provide us with some real X-Factor for a long time to come, they both will only get better from here!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:Jimmy has found his confidence, has now played enough games, he and Raph will provide us with some real X-Factor for a long time to come, they both will only get better from here!!!!!
self belief is such a big factor- you have to believe you belong out there........

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:Jimmy falls under the Jones/Blake rule. They were whipping boys for a while (I know I silently criticized them) but if you give them enough senior experience, they turn out to be gems.
nah, i disagree, it's not about senior experience.

they may turn out to be gems if you play them in their CORRECT POSITION. blake isn't a ruckman, jones isn't a small forward, and JIMMY IS NOT A THIRD TALL FORWARD. never will be. he just doesn't show anything down there - we've seen it this year as well as last.

but playing back he looks great.

last night for three quarters he was the only saint with time and space when on the ball - including lenny, who always had men hanging off him. jimmy g, on the other hand, was the man you wanted to get the ball on the way out of defence.

he's becoming a very handy player.