3 don't go into 2!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Nothing wrong playing 3 smalls, worked fine last year and no one complained. Snides tries hard in my book and Milne is being take out of the game with extra attention that Roo would have got. I personally think Mini is out of form. Also thought Jack was stiff to get dropped and hope we keep Armo in the side.

In - Steven
Out - Mini

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saintsfan
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:People have been riding MCQ all season much to my disgust.

But then I realised I have not seen him all season apart from the goal he kicked in he last quarter on the weekend

To me...he has been invisible all year.
Got us over the line vs Western Bulldogs, people have short memory although that is one game
We don't need supporters using the "Raph Clarke defence" of saying he has played well once during a year/career and they remember it fondly.

I am unsure if he should be dropped as I haven't seen him all year. Maybe that is my answer. Maybe I am not watching games as closely as I have done.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Saintsfan
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Nothing wrong playing 3 smalls, worked fine last year and no one complained. Snides tries hard in my book and Milne is being take out of the game with extra attention that Roo would have got. I personally think Mini is out of form. Also thought Jack was stiff to get dropped and hope we keep Armo in the side.

In - Steven
Out - Mini
What did Jack Steven do apart from those few goals? To me anyone would have kicked them. He really didn't do much to make me believe he is going to be the lord jesus christ that most on here perceive him to be either. Early days I know.

I am not too sure the point of dropping MCQ either because he will tear it up in the midfield in the Reserves however he never really plays there in the 1's so what is the point.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Drop Armo

He's soft apparently
That could be a family trait :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Saintsfan wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Nothing wrong playing 3 smalls, worked fine last year and no one complained. Snides tries hard in my book and Milne is being take out of the game with extra attention that Roo would have got. I personally think Mini is out of form. Also thought Jack was stiff to get dropped and hope we keep Armo in the side.

In - Steven
Out - Mini
What did Jack Steven do apart from those few goals? To me anyone would have kicked them. He really didn't do much to make me believe he is going to be the lord jesus christ that most on here perceive him to be either. Early days I know.

I am not too sure the point of dropping MCQ either because he will tear it up in the midfield in the Reserves however he never really plays there in the 1's so what is the point.
Re Jack. He has only played 3 games so lets not write him off to early. The fact that he kicked a few goals is more than alot of what our experienced players are doing at the moment.

You are probably right about MCQ, however, Dal & Milne got dropped a couple of years back and it did them the world of good. The fact is, he's not kicking goals. I know, not many are.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: 3 don't go into 2!!!!!

3:16 wrote:It's time, one of the following 3 has to be dropped, #44, #13 or #32!!!!!

To carry all three is not working, can play 2 but not 3!!!!!

Better off dropping one and playing either someone with more leg speed or someone whom can gives us a medium sized 3rd marking target!!!!!

For what it is worth, golden handshake time for Mini, well done, got the best out of yourself, but to be fair game has gone past ya!!!!!

Stick with Heyne or play Stanley is a different type, but can create the same amount of forward pressure, but sadly for you has alot more wheels!!!!!

Thanks for PAA in 2009 Mini!!!!!
Worked last year, Mini and Schneids just out of fom.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:People have been riding MCQ all season much to my disgust.

But then I realised I have not seen him all season apart from the goal he kicked in he last quarter on the weekend

To me...he has been invisible all year.
Got us over the line vs Western Bulldogs, people have short memory although that is one game
My memory is over the whole season and not one game.

Over the whole season:

* Mini has gone from a very accurate shot on goal (about 22.6 last year) to very poor this year.

* His passing has also been poor, with often poor decisions on who he kicks handballs too. seems to every game now do a sloppy handball trying to go by an opposition player which gets intercepted.

* Has been good defensively when our forward line has been crowded. However the opposition have mainly been creating very open backlines for themselves. ie Mini and others have not been able to lock in the opposition defenders this year.

Unfortunately Mini has lost confidence which is affecting his skills and decision-making. The way that our oppenents are structuring up only compounds this as his "niche" has been largely removed from many games.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:It's time, one of the following 3 has to be dropped, #44, #13 or #32!!!!!

Better off dropping one and playing either someone with more leg speed or someone whom can gives us a medium sized 3rd marking target!!!!!

For what it is worth, golden handshake time for Mini, well done, got the best out of yourself, but to be fair game has gone past ya!!!!!

Stick with Heyne or play Stanley is a different type, but can create the same amount of forward pressure, but sadly for you has alot more wheels!!!!!

hate to say it but id do anything for gartlett or medhurst or varcoe or cyril. someone creative. i love milnie and shneids really tries his guts out. but just that creative speedster would be sooooooooo handy.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 18 May 2010 7:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

Middo
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:Drop Armo

He's soft apparently
Mate don't lower yourself playing their games....
Sure Dave will go even harder this week...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:

Worked last year, Mini and Schneids just out of fom.
It will probably work when Roo returns, but now we have 3 guys crumbing one tall.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Why not use Mini down back?
He can tackle
He can certainly pinpoint kicks to targets
He has enough pace to go with elusive forwrds (other than the absolute jets)
Diagree on the pace. Indeed this is one reason why Mini is struggling in 2010. Quick ball movement and often open forward lines is leaving him struggling.

Baker will not be dropped and so to also play Mini back would result inareal pace issue down back.

And on pinpointing. Yes last year Mini was good. This year unfortunately his passing and sots on goal have been both poor, as has his decision making.

Now yes right hear and now he probably would be more effective down back than forward. But what then of Baker?
Have to agree about Mini's pace. We seem fascinated with players who should be dropped moving to another position where they are suited. Mini I think will get a rest this week if we decide to go for Steven again which IMO we should especially at subi.
Agree.
Subi is another ball game altogether

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Agree.

Farkit, why not make 5 changes this week.

We are playing like shyte, got nothing to lose.

May as well play Steven, Stanley, and even give Leigh Fisher a run (he looks solid for Sandy).

3:16
Club Player

I'll say it again!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
Quixote
SS Life Member

Well there is no way we are dropping the Tip or the Spider - but I'd certainly be happy to see #32 make way for Jack Jack Jacky.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo