Goal kicking mids and Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Goal kicking mids and Kosi

Finally after decades of non goal kicking mids we have either developed some or mastered a game style which promotes it.

The last 2 years we have seen Goddard, Dal and Monty all kick a number of goals in a single game providing greater threats across the ground. Complement this with Roo, Kosi, Milne, Schnieder and we start to look a little like Geelong. This will only hold us in good stead going forward.

While on forwards Kosi is so important to our strutcure and while struggling himself rarely does him man mark the ball in a contest providing our crumbers with a chance. Sure would like him taking grabs like the Essendon game but he is not Roo, He is not a CHB and has changed body shape so he cannot do that, he can pinch in the ruck rotations, and by seasons end he will be up and about.

The options are not better as we have seen -McEvoy and Stanley good foils while Kosi is there, but take him out and both would struggle.

battye
Saintsational Legend

I feel Kosi is just one good play away from turning the corner. He came off a 50 goal season in 2009, those sort of players don't grow on trees. He is a really good mark, but in recent weeks he hasn't looked like marking much which is very strange.

If he can kick 4 or 5 this week, I wouldn't be surprised if his season turned around as a result.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:I feel Kosi is just one good play away from turning the corner. He came off a 50 goal season in 2009, those sort of players don't grow on trees. He is a really good mark, but in recent weeks he hasn't looked like marking much which is very strange.

If he can kick 4 or 5 this week, I wouldn't be surprised if his season turned around as a result.

Kosi's gunna...........

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:I feel Kosi is just one good play away from turning the corner. He came off a 60+ goal season in 2009, those sort of players don't grow on trees. He is a really good mark, but in recent weeks he hasn't looked like marking much which is very strange.

I hope you're right. I really hope you're right. Everyone hopes you're right.

Sitting on the Moorabbin Wing on Level 3 and chatting to others before the Adelaide game, I remember a few people saying the same thing about him, He will kick 5 today. I said the same thing.

I hope you're right, I really hope you're right.

Maybe he just needs to be given free reign. Maybe he is being instructed to play in a certain way or team structure. I don't know so I am just speculating.

Maybe they should just give him the chance to play on instinct. Push up the ground and mark on the wing.

What about trying him on the wing like Richo did late in his career?

What ever the case, nothing would please me/us more than to see him kick 4 or 5, even 3.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

May be the time for the Walsh promotion is approaching faster than we think .. whilst Kosi finds form in the VFL to hopefully returns a better, more confident player?

suss
Club Player

There's no doubt he's getting the best full back each week sans Roo. Kosi is not the first full forward that's been done over by Rutten - there's no shame in that.

My bigger concern is his effort once the ball is turned over. He just doesn't seem to give a yelp. If Aaron Hamill were alive today..actually, Aaron Hamill is alive and I bet he'd be spewing to see such an ordinary effort. Roo too.

I love Kosi but he's got to realise that he's having an effect even if he's not taking contested grabs - which, by the way, are much harder to take than ordinary people seem to realise.

Duggie
Club Player

Be patient folks. " just a spoonfull of sugar..............." :lol:

A Saint Forever!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:I feel Kosi is just one good play away from turning the corner. He came off a 50 goal season in 2009, those sort of players don't grow on trees. He is a really good mark, but in recent weeks he hasn't looked like marking much which is very strange.

And how many times have i heard that?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93