The Kosi Signs...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Kosi Signs...

Watching tonight and could not help but notice how clean Kosi was below knees in traffic when moved further upfield into the play....Im sure I ahvent imagined that.

I was also impressed with his field kicking and more often than not his choice of option.........

I still think we have let him off the chain a little more - mix it up. Why do we have to at the start of every game send Kosi down to the goal square?????.....its so predictable...and I think that shift will be good for him.

Im not saying he doesnt play forward at times during a game - Im saying we split that time with more ruck/midfield run roles more.

Anyone else think he looked allright further upfield tonight?

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To be honest I think you are easily pleased. Havent been to the last 2 games but he looked ordinary again tonight.

Sainterone
Club Player

I agree.
He looked much better tonight.

Small steps but a definite improvement.

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Yes I did too.
I think his work in close, clearing a path for others was very good.
He is working hard not dropping his head, this is the first sign for me.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Pretty average game from him.... But it was maybe his best for the year.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Nothing to say.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Hiccup!
Last edited by Bernard Shakey on Sat 05 Jun 2010 12:27am, edited 1 time in total.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Kosi Signs...

Teflon wrote:Anyone else think he looked allright further upfield tonight?
agree completely. he really gives us something around the ground as a follower and is poor as a stay at home forward without riewoldt drawing the two best defenders.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 05 Jun 2010 12:28am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Teflon wrote:Watching tonight and could not help but notice how clean Kosi was below knees in traffic when moved further upfield into the play....Im sure I ahvent imagined that.

I was also impressed with his field kicking and more often than not his choice of option.........

I still think we have let him off the chain a little more - mix it up. Why do we have to at the start of every game send Kosi down to the goal square?????.....its so predictable...and I think that shift will be good for him.

Im not saying he doesnt play forward at times during a game - Im saying we split that time with more ruck/midfield run roles more.

agree completely. he really gives us something around the ground as a follower.
He had 4 shots at goal when FF. He had 4 other kicks around the ground at the most, probably less. Compared to MG he looked like Brooks at his worst.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He had 4 shots at goal when FF. He had 4 other kicks around the ground at the most, probably less. Compared to MG he looked like Brooks at his worst.
he didn't spend a lot of time in the ruck but looked good when he was there, particularly in the last quarter.

at least one of his kicks at goal was from a questionable free kick.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 05 Jun 2010 12:33am, edited 1 time in total.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Had two less possessions than MG and kicked two more goals... Missed a sitter but would've had 3...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:Had two less possessions than MG and kicked two more goals... Missed a sitter but would've had 3...
Kicked 4 goals less than the other FF but I dont understand the MG discussion.

backit
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Teflon wrote:Watching tonight and could not help but notice how clean Kosi was below knees in traffic when moved further upfield into the play....Im sure I ahvent imagined that.

He had 4 shots at goal when FF. He had 4 other kicks around the ground at the most, probably less. Compared to MG he looked like Brooks at his worst.
It was more than just having some kicks, he hit the ball hard and made contests. A few Tiger players felt his hardness in contests, he showed more tonite than he has this year so it was good to see that he is going forward not backwards. Ross Lyon just made a comment about Kosi giving a contest so if the coach notices that he must be doing something right. I would take Ross's opinion over yours.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

It was more than just having some kicks, he hit the ball hard and made contests. A few Tiger players felt his hardness in contests, he showed more tonite than he has this year so it was good to see that he is going forward not backwards. Ross Lyon just made a comment about Kosi giving a contest so if the coach notices that he must be doing something right. I would take Ross's opinion over yours.
You are right. I actually tought RL would say how bad he had been. Most coaches are so honest.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Gabba wrote:Had two less possessions than MG and kicked two more goals... Missed a sitter but would've had 3...
Kicked 4 goals less than the other FF but I dont understand the MG discussion.
You started the comparison... :roll: :lol:

backit
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
backit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

You are right. I actually tought RL would say how bad he had been. Most coaches are so honest.
Your problem is you are always right and everyone else is wrong.

I would expect a coach to support his players and look for positives, but I think he would also be honestt enough to say if there was a problem, he has before and will again.

Get over yourself.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Half to do with his form - Half to do with atrocious kicking into the fwd line

Lenny Hayes - WTF
His kicking efficiency would have been very low...he could not hit a target.

Legendary
Club Player

Kosi was better than the last couple of weeks, his effort was there all night, he contested, should have kicked 3, I thought he played a solid game.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
backit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Your problem is you are always right and everyone else is wrong.

I would expect a coach to support his players and look for positives, but I think he would also be honestt enough to say if there was a problem, he has before and will again.

Get over yourself.
Good post.

Back on topic - could not agree more with Lyon - who oddly enough was talking about Kosi's competing/pressure to bring the ball to ground.

What I liked was how clean his disposal was for a big guy in those pressure situations. To me Kosi is a player who looks clumsy when he has to much time to think......when he plays on instinct....he actually looks far sharper......get him in the play - let him drift fwd and mix it up for Freo.

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:What I liked was how clean his disposal was for a big guy in those pressure situations ... get him in the play - let him drift fwd and mix it up for Freo.
yep.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Half to do with his form - Half to do with atrocious kicking into the fwd line

Lenny Hayes - WTF
His kicking efficiency would have been very low...he could not hit a target.
Yep Hayes did struggle tonight kicking wise....but we'll cut him some slack....hes carried us before....

“Yeah….nah””
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:To be honest I think you are easily pleased. Havent been to the last 2 games but he looked ordinary again tonight.
I agree, people see one good thing and think this is the start of of something big.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:To be honest I think you are easily pleased. Havent been to the last 2 games but he looked ordinary again tonight.
I agree, people see one good thing and think this is the start of of something big.
I dont think "somthing bigs gonna happen" has been mentioned other than by you.

FFS the coach thought enough of his efforts tonight that suggested he saw things also - he could easily have just saidf nothing??? :idea:

What I saw were some good signs from some work in close further up the ground - the guy was involved and made some good contests/decisions. Nothing more/less but its a start.

“Yeah….nah””
Moods
Saintsational Legend

I just wish he would run and jump at the ball. His one contested mark in front of goal was against Delidio. He's NOTHING like the player he was in the first half of last year.

He does seem to be trying though, and I agree with those posters who say he looks better in the ruck. Some of his handballs in packs were quite effective. On another positive note his field kicking is great, and rarely turns the ball over.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

kosi is a confidence player.... hes come in getting the number one full back each week... double and triple teamed...

hes got plenty of demons in his head.... wondering if he gonna get injured or reported

then when his own team mates show no faith in him... (the balls always gone to roo unless in space)

and then theres the crowd... the "sack kosi" "kosi's useless drop him" crap... and what ever else... what do you expect from this guy????

hes a good hard honest player... that if people show support... the team pass it a bit more to him.... (i mean come on theyll go to milne/schnieder/eddy/gwilt/stanley etc) before they even look to kick to him....

then when they do kick it to him... most the time it falls short... kicked to high or completely shanked... you put a crumber near him and give him a decent kick... he'll mark it or feed it off 9/10 times... i think he needs a couple of gimmie goals that milne hands off just to get it flowing

this guy finding his form and feet is more crucial then getting riewoldt back.. he always has been and always will be one of the key elements for us winning the flag....

when you go... cheer him on.... against freo ill make sure he hears me hope the rest of the western saints do the same

kosi couldve been better then riewoldt and infact when he showed what he could really do... he was