Confirmed: Riewoldt is ready to go.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:Tommy Walsh told me he'd be ready by round 12 but they're going to hold him back.

I asked "why's that, Tommy?"

He said, "to be sure, to be sure."

I'm sorry.
Don't apologise. I think that's quiet funny.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:Well, his constant leading really does leave him open to it, hamstrings are easily injured when suddenly stressed whilst acting over both the knee and the hip joints simultaneously.
Perhaps, but he's been doing that constant leading for years and this was his first hammy.

More likely it was just "one of those things" (to use the correct medical explanation :D )

suss
Club Player

If we play him and he survives and we win then we've won 4 points.

If we play him and he survives and we lose - then mentally, it's a big loss.

If we play him and he injures himself and we win then we've won 4 points - but our season is gone.

If we play him and he injures himself and we lose then we're both mentally and physically shot.

I don't like 75% of those outcomes. The potential loss far exceeds the potential gain.

I'd be happy with a win or a competitive loss knowing that all the big games are to be won in September. Feel free to shoot me down.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:If we play him and he survives and we win then we've won 4 points.

If we play him and he injures himself and we win then we've won 4 points - but our season is gone.

If we play him and he injures himself and we lose then we're both mentally and physically shot.

I don't like 75% of those outcomes. The potential loss far exceeds the potential gain.

I'd be happy with a win or a competitive loss knowing that all the big games are to be won in September. Feel free to shoot me down.
Well we cant wait to September to play him. He will play when ready. If that is in 3 weeks so be it.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

If he's ready to play,he's ready to play,simple as that

Bring back the Lockett era
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Not sure about the 2nd one. Depends who we play, how we play and how much we lose by.

If Nick gets through the game then he will only get better so I doubt it would be, mentally, a big loss. :?

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

It would be nice if nick was this playing this week , therefore shouldn't then post read ; Confirmed roo back in 4 weeks !

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Whatever round Roo thinks....add a week.

Whatever round the club thinks...add a week.

We cannot afford to have any setbacks. He needs to be 100%
I always thought the standard line was 2 weeks

Another opportunity awaits!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Look guys i know nobody on here, AND I MEAN NOBODY, wants Roo to re-injure the tendon, but nobody knows if an extra week or two will help or not.

I mean ANYONE can injure themselves at any time. Roo may come back in Round 16 instead of 14 and tear a abdominal muscle, or injure a shoulder or do an ankle.

then everyone with 20/20 hindsight will say "oh why did we hold him back?"

We will have the usual hindsight kings like Mark Robinson and Sheahan second guessing medical professionals on when Roo should come back, like they would know.

When the doctors say he is fit, he is fit. If the tendon goes again, it goes again, nobody on here or in the media has a clue.

The human body is a strange thing and not one is the same.

No use complaining if it doesn't work.
I disagree.
As tempting as it would be to bring him back for Geelong, the extra week is still a good idea.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
markp
Saintsational Legend

Back for the Melbourne game is perfect.

If he played in the Cats game a loss would be deflating, and a win would be put down to him alone.

Whereas, if we lose to the Cats with him only a week away it's not too significant (as long as we dont get thumped)... but if beat them, it's a massive statement.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

A loss to Geelong wont be deflating just because Roo might be in the side...

That isnt a reason to hold him back...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:If he's ready to play,he's ready to play,simple as that
wrong.

He'll play when I want him to play!

suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Well we cant wait to September to play him. He will play when ready. If that is in 3 weeks so be it.
I meant against Geelong in round 13. This is what happens when you post after midnight. Clearly, he needs to come back but I'd skip the Geelong game even if he feels ready and the medicos say he's right to go.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:As tempting as it would be to bring him back for Geelong, the extra week is still a good idea.
As I posted a while back:

"I have little doubt that if we do play a major role in September then we will at some stage face off against the Cats; perhaps on the last day.

Now Geelong have played us many times with Nick on board and have on occasions managed to curtail him; including the 2009 GF (notwithstanding that Nick was almost certainly carrying an injury). So yes they do have tactics which they are confident can reduce Nick’s impact.

However if they have to deal with a Nick fuelled Saints this year it won’t be until the business end when Sheep Stations are on the line.

It means they won’t have faced Nick for around 12 months and won’t have faced a fit Nick for some 15 months.

I know it’s not much, and it relies on Roo coming back fit, in form, and not having any set backs, but in the circumstances it may work out in our favour that the Cats don’t get a “sighterâ€

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:A loss to Geelong wont be deflating just because Roo might be in the side...

I'm not suggesting we hold him back, just commenting on the fall of the cards.

I think it would be deflating... not devastating.

But the opportunity and challenge for this group to beat them without him (and on the cusp of his return) is an exciting prospect.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I meant against Geelong in round 13. This is what happens when you post after midnight. Clearly, he needs to come back but I'd skip the Geelong game even if he feels ready and the medicos say he's right to go.
How would I know you were talking about the Geelong game? Anyway i am of the belief that you plays guys the moment the medical staff give the OK. If that happens to be against Geelong we play him. If it is 3 weeks later we play him.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
bigred wrote:A loss to Geelong wont be deflating just because Roo might be in the side...

But the opportunity and challenge for this group to beat them without him (and on the cusp of his return) is an exciting prospect.
Gotta admit i would love to beat Geelong without him....

I think there would be a definite bonus out of it.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
markp wrote:

Gotta admit i would love to beat Geelong without him....

I think there would be a definite bonus out of it.
agree, imagine the feeling in the camp with him coming in for the melbourne game with the side coming off too awesome wins against freo and the cats.

For mine this is my gut feeling

zac back this week
gram back for round 13
roo back for round 14

Then the likes of stanley, heyne, steven, geary, eddy all have had some deceint footy behind them and can be used to mix and match depending on the game.....

Seriously right now the odds are the best you will get for a saints flag because come a months time we will be equal first :P

note: I'm all drugged up because of the flu so ignore the happy words I say :D
Last edited by Solar on Thu 10 Jun 2010 1:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

If Riewoldt can get back to full fitness and lead us through the finals, well then, holy shisen.

Geelong may have something to fear after all.

And yes we all know they've curtailed him in the past. But if we are lucky enough to make the grand final AND meet the cats there with a fully fit Riewoldt hungry hungry hungry to undo the pain of last year.

God have mercy on your soul geelong backline.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Dr Spaceman"]
I know it’s not much, and it relies on Roo coming back fit, in form, and not having any set backs, but in the circumstances it may work out in our favour that the Cats don’t get a “sighterâ€

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Saints94
SS Life Member

Scarlett will be underdone so will Corey, Hawkins wont be playing neither will Ottens and Mooney and Pods are currently out :)

benengel14
Club Player

[quote="dcstkfc"][quote="Dr Spaceman"]

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

[quote="benengel14"][quote="dcstkfc"][quote="Dr Spaceman"]

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Very big chance he comes back in VFL surely? Going into a game with a player who might potentially be cooked or suffer from sevre cramp or soreness at 3qt time is a big risk, no matter who it is.

Carpe Diem
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:Very big chance he comes back in VFL surely? Going into a game with a player who might potentially be cooked or suffer from sevre cramp or soreness at 3qt time is a big risk, no matter who it is.
I would suggest he has a 1% chance of playing VFL. He will only play once 100% fit and yes he will not be match fit but he will play deep in the square and they will probably only play him 75% of the game.