At the game last night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moose
SS Hall of Fame

At the game last night

Just thought I'd come on and say a big thanks to the folks I met last night at the game. You all made me feel very welcome. Apart from you all looking soooo old, it was as if I'd been to every game in the last 3.5 years. It's one of the reasons I keep coming back here. Such warm, honest and very nice people. Like Yipper, my best memory is of the Final vs crows in '05 at the old Social club. God, that will live with me forever. WHAT a night, I still have the radio show recording from the Sunday following.
Big thanks to Yipper, Joffaboy, St DAC, Snoopygirl and saint66au. I wish I could have met more of you, but I couldn't find anyone else. Maybe we've all changed since then, well you guys anyway.

I may go to the Port game....

This forum just proves NO ONE knows anything about football......
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

You hadnt changed a bit ;-)

Great catching up with you again Moose...wow..good old " Sunday night with the Saints"..brings back memories, yourself and DSG's calls every week..and that woman who used to ring up with a new piece of poetry for a player every week!

You know my most vivid memory of that show though? . Josh (?)'s "eulogy" after the 05 Prelim loss. One of the most powerful pieces of sports radio Ive ever heard. I, like many others I'm sure, pretty much lost it when he read it. Gut-wrenching emotion, combined with a call-to-arms, from a die-hard Saint

For those who have never heard/read it, does anyone have an MP3 of it, or even a transcript.

Hope to see you again at the Port game, and dont be a stranger around these parts either :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Moose
SS Hall of Fame

I just checked my stuff, I don't have it. :cry:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: At the game last night

Moose wrote:Apart from you all looking soooo old

We'll take up a collection. Might get enough to buy you a "pony" :lol: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Moose
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:

We'll take up a collection. Might get enough to buy you a "pony" :lol: :wink: !!
Where the hell were you ????? You PMed me and said you'd shout me as much as I could drink !!!!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Moose wrote:
Eastern wrote:

Where the hell were you ????? You PMed me and said you'd shout me as much as I could drink !!!!
My nic has been hijacked. I wouldn't shout if a shark bit me :roll:

Got there late. Will be there for the Port game. Your shout :lol: :lol: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

battye
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
saint66au wrote:You hadnt changed a bit ;-)

Great catching up with you again Moose...wow..good old " Sunday night with the Saints"..brings back memories, yourself and DSG's calls every week..and that woman who used to ring up with a new piece of poetry for a player every week!

You know my most vivid memory of that show though? . Josh (?)'s "eulogy" after the 05 Prelim loss. One of the most powerful pieces of sports radio Ive ever heard. I, like many others I'm sure, pretty much lost it when he read it. Gut-wrenching emotion, combined with a call-to-arms, from a die-hard Saint

For those who have never heard/read it, does anyone have an MP3 of it, or even a transcript.

Hope to see you again at the Port game, and dont be a stranger around these parts either :-)
It's on here somewhere
Is it this?
http://saintsational.com/forum/Josh_Spe ... _Radio.asf

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:You hadnt changed a bit ;-)

here is some!
is this it in total- COurtesy of WOM

Prelim 2005
In many ways it is very difficult to summarise the feeling and sensations of the last couple of days. It has been hard to sleep, even harder to contemplate next weekend without our Saints in it. It is an arduous task to sit here tonight and reflect on a season, when we, the club and the football world believed it was our time. My name is Josh Rynderman, I am 30 years old, and I am heart broken. Tonight on Saints Radio, Sport 927, I speak on behalf of Ben and Cam, and I'm sure many of you. We the St Kilda fans have had our share of defeat. We have had our share of heart break. We have watched our side over decades, and are unwavering in our belief. We are sick of listening to the naysayers, we are sicker of the bandwagon jumpers. We are the true supporters. The ones who continued to show up during the 80's when we were a rabble, we were there in Thommo's early years as coach when the side couldn't steal a win. And we are still here now. St Kilda is not just a football club for us. It is a lifestyle, an attitude, and a sense of self. We revel in victory, and wallow in defeat.

The Article Josh Rynderman/saints.com.au/19Sept05

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
It's on here somewhere
Is it this?
http://saintsational.com/forum/Josh_Spe ... _Radio.asf
you were my next link- I thought I'd collaborated with you.....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Nice to see you in such good shape Moose.

Keep it up mate, and remember the only one youanswer to is yourself when it comes to the way you support our beloved Saints.

cheers mate.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Moose wrote:Just thought I'd come on and say a big thanks to the folks I met last night at the game. You all made me feel very welcome. Apart from you all looking soooo old, it was as if I'd been to every game in the last 3.5 years. It's one of the reasons I keep coming back here. Such warm, honest and very nice people. Like Yipper, my best memory is of the Final vs crows in '05 at the old Social club. God, that will live with me forever. WHAT a night, I still have the radio show recording from the Sunday following.
Big thanks to Yipper, Joffaboy, St DAC, Snoopygirl and saint66au. I wish I could have met more of you, but I couldn't find anyone else. Maybe we've all changed since then, well you guys anyway.

Great post. I hope I get to meet you one day. :wink:

walski
Club Player

Wow just wow what words that captures what a saint fan is all about.... imo

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Always good to put a face to a name Moose. Keep your chin up! :wink:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

You must have met a different Joffaboy to the one I sometimes meet? ;)

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Just listened to that speech, it would go right to the heart of any saints supporter who listened to that. It chokes up the throat and brings tears to the eyes. Amazing

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
yipper
SS Life Member

T'was good to see you again Moose. That night at the Social Club rooms for the epic final against the Crows was a special night. Loved every minute of it. For those who don't know of the Moose, he is a club legend on here. Injured on the field of battle for the mighty saintsational team, several years back. Along with other big names such as Dan Warna, the high flying yipper!!!! ... not.

A true sainter is the moose. Get along to a few more mate, this StKilda team is worth following - I believe in this team.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Moose
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:Nice to see you in such good shape Moose.

Keep it up mate, and remember the only one youanswer to is yourself when it comes to the way you support our beloved Saints.

cheers mate.
Thanks buddy, I appreciate the thoughts... :lol:

Thanks for all the nice words folks