Pattison and McEvoy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: McEVOY had 3 hitouts ????

WinnersOnly wrote:For me PATTISON is a much better option atm. McEvoy did Ok around the ground but Pattison was much better. I will repeat which I have previoulsy posted is that KOSI would be a better option as 2nd ruck than both of them. Find another Full Forward SAINTS (Goddard/Walsh/Stanley/Pattison/Carr) and play KOSI in 2nd ruck resting forward.
Are you still keeping up that joke of Walsh playing and now it is even getting funnier mentioning Cahill and Patterson or moving BJ or Kosi. Please try to at least be a little serious.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Carr
Matthew left the Club some time ago

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:For me PATTISON is a much better option atm. McEvoy did Ok around the ground but Pattison was much better. I will repeat which I have previoulsy posted is that KOSI would be a better option as 2nd ruck than both of them. Find another Full Forward SAINTS (Goddard/Walsh/Stanley/Pattison/Carr) and play KOSI in 2nd ruck resting forward.
Are you still keeping up that joke of Walsh playing and now it is even getting funnier mentioning Cahill and Patterson or moving BJ or Kosi. Please try to at least be a little serious.
Who is Patterson?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Who is Patterson?
Our coach in 1978. Why do you ask?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Who is Patterson?
:lol:

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Who is Patterson?
My God! Was he playing tonight?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Who is Patterson?
I dont think so. He died 10 years a go.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Who is Patterson?
So why would you mention him tonight?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Who is Patterson?
So why would you mention him tonight?
Because he has as much chance of playing as Cahill and Walsh.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

macca was our best ruck tonight ! patterson was impressive with his endeavour how ever some so his disposals were very very ordinary , still it was his best game for us

bigred
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:macca was our best ruck tonight ! patterson was impressive with his endeavour how ever some so his disposals were very very ordinary , still it was his best game for us
Was a better game than he ever put in for Richmond as well.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy's 21st birthday today (Sunday)

Happy birthday Big Mac, keep on going son!

Was also Chips' 28th yesterday

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i'm very impressed with mcevoy and starting to like the look of pattison.

if it comes to a choice between the two, i think probably big ben.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

McEVOY 3 hit outs ...????

McEVOY 3 hit outs ... ????

P66 why not play WALSH at full forward ?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Saintersss
Club Player

Re: McEVOY 3 hit outs ...????

WinnersOnly wrote:McEVOY 3 hit outs ... ????

P66 why not play WALSH at full forward ?
His biggest bag at VFL level is 2 goals...

He's got a good future at the club, but lets be serious.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I thought Patto's game last night was the best he'd played for us so far.
In the first quarter especially, he was a very useful presence on the forward line, don't you think? I'd seen a lot of less flattering comments on him here, and hadn't noticed him making that kind of impact before in any quarter. I thought he did well, coming in as a replacement. Handy backup in an emergency, which was exactly why we recruited him, I thought.

I have a soft spot for Big Mac. Other than Gardiner, who is exceptional, I think he's the ruck who adds most offensively. In his schort career with us, he is averaging one goal for every three games he has played. (Gardiner, with us, has averaged one in every two games). But Big Mac's goal scoring is much better than Steven King, who I have also had a soft spot for in the past. King averages one goal in every 5 and a half games. So I just feel that Big Mac offers us something extra there.

But King is a very honest toiler. His first year with us especially, when Gardiner was not available as often, was excellent. Glad to see he is going to be used as a ruck coach - he is a very good clubman.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: McEVOY 3 hit outs ...????

His biggest bag at VFL level is 2 goals...

He's got a good future at the club, but lets be serious.
How many bags has Kosi kicked this year?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
savatage
SS Life Member

Pattison presents very well, is a bloody hard worker. Kosi needs to take on a similar work ethic.

If you're low on talent (which Pattison would probably be the first to admit) you can certainly make sure that every time you're in or near the contest, that you go for it hammer & tong. His presence was certainly felt - if he nailed those shots at goal - he'd be in the best players list.

noob
Club Player

I reckon Pattison just showed Kosi if you work really hard in the forward line you can actually get rewards. 5 tackles for a big man is very good. Shows his commitment for the team. If Kosi did this (probably does but doesn't work harder enough) then i'm sure he would get a lot of confidence, not just for him but through whole team.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pattison and McEvoy

dcstkfc wrote:Really happy with their respective games.

Big Mac was as good as I've seen him at with the ball on the ground, and took some strong contested marks. King won't get back unless injury intervenes.

Patto is very agile, and led well. Tackled ferociously, his skills do let him down though. Kosi could learn something from his second efforts.

had a close look at him during the melbourne game as i was close to the goals...bay 5.....patto that is.... a quick brain matched by a quick hands....very intelligent footballer......pity about his kicking.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

very happy with both McEvoy and Pattison.

Like the look of Pattison, even though he could have got 2 goals instead of a point.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Pattison did as much as Koschitzke has been doing, but I think Kosi comes back in for him on merit.

McEvoy is really impressive around the ground, though still needs work on his rucking.
Mcevoy is still very young for a ruckman. he will improve with time

i don't think he is lumbering. he is a big lad!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pattison and McEvoy

stinger wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Really happy with their respective games.

Big Mac was as good as I've seen him at with the ball on the ground, and took some strong contested marks. King won't get back unless injury intervenes.

Patto is very agile, and led well. Tackled ferociously, his skills do let him down though. Kosi could learn something from his second efforts.

had a close look at him during the melbourne game as i was close to the goals...bay 5.....patto that is.... a quick brain matched by a quick hands....very intelligent footballer......pity about his kicking.....
He is 25. can his kicking be improved? or is too late?

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I wonder whether if we weren't in the midst of a winning streak whether we'd be talking about having "good" depth of talls. I have this suspicion it would actually be the other way around.

McEvoy is a fantastic mark, no question. On that basis, we forgive him for being slow around the ground. Looks like he's going to make it as a player too... but for me there was a serious level of reality check in seeing him go up against an emerging ruck in Leuenberger.

Kosi has been down and out all year, and hasn't been up and about for many.

It's to the point where we're happy with Adam Pattison.... because he tackles? Granted, the amount of pressure he's giving for a guy in his position is phenomenal, but he's playing key forward, and hasn't kicked a goal in 3 games. Mostly because he can't kick.

Stanley's probably the hope of the lot, but is so raw at the stage. Circa 2012 he should be on song, but certainly isn't able to have the impact yet.

I'm surprised we're so content in this position. For mine, I'm waiting on one of these 4 contestants to put their hand up and show they are capable of being a real piece of a contender for reasons other than structure.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
bob__71
Club Player

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:I wonder whether if we weren't in the midst of a winning streak whether we'd be talking about having "good" depth of talls. I have this suspicion it would actually be the other way around.

McEvoy is a fantastic mark, no question. On that basis, we forgive him for being slow around the ground. Looks like he's going to make it as a player too... but for me there was a serious level of reality check in seeing him go up against an emerging ruck in Leuenberger.

Kosi has been down and out all year, and hasn't been up and about for many.

It's to the point where we're happy with Adam Pattison.... because he tackles? Granted, the amount of pressure he's giving for a guy in his position is phenomenal, but he's playing key forward, and hasn't kicked a goal in 3 games. Mostly because he can't kick.

Stanley's probably the hope of the lot, but is so raw at the stage. Circa 2012 he should be on song, but certainly isn't able to have the impact yet.

I'm surprised we're so content in this position. For mine, I'm waiting on one of these 4 contestants to put their hand up and show they are capable of being a real piece of a contender for reasons other than structure.
Pattison kicks better than Stanley