A huge improvement on last week....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

A huge improvement on last week....

After watching last weeks game live at the G and seeing the Hawks belt the Lions on the replay, I wasn't sure if we would be able take any points off the Hawks tonight.

I think we can win every week but last weeks form was very ordinary, low on confidence and defensive pressure.

To take 2 points from the game is a great result and to match it with the Hawks (who are a top 4 team) is a HUGE improvement on last weeks effort.

A few positives from tonights game:
* 3 Goals to Kosi - much better output (lets see if anyone on here gives him any credit for a good game)
* 2 goals to Roo plus more miles in the legs - he will keep getting better
* 21 possessions and 3 tackles to Grammy - should keep improving with more game time. Great decision mid year to get his body right.
* Big Mac - Continues to show good signs. PLEASE RL, KEEP HIM IN THE SIDE!!!
* MG - Won the hitouts and will be important come September.

With Bakes and Raph to come back into the team and the run home not including any top 4 sides, we will get better and will be in top form come September.

This is our year....

Go Saints

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: A huge improvement on last week....

One Eyed Saint wrote:After watching last weeks game live at the G and seeing the Hawks belt the Lions on the replay, I wasn't sure if we would be able take any points off the Hawks tonight.

I think we can win every week but last weeks form was very ordinary, low on confidence and defensive pressure.

To take 2 points from the game is a great result and to match it with the Hawks (who are a top 4 team) is a HUGE improvement on last weeks effort.

* 3 Goals to Kosi - much better output (lets see if anyone on here gives him any credit for a good game)
* 21 possessions and 3 tackles to Grammy - should keep improving with more game time. Great decision mid year to get his body right.

With Bakes and Raph to come back into the team and the run home not including any top 4 sides, we will get better and will be in top form come September.

This is our year....

Go Saints

Being a kosi knocker, ( dont like him at all)
yes he played really well tonight.....about bloody time i say..... well done mate.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: A huge improvement on last week....

Ralphy wrote:
One Eyed Saint wrote:After watching last weeks game live at the G and seeing the Hawks belt the Lions on the replay, I wasn't sure if we would be able take any points off the Hawks tonight.

This is our year....

Go Saints

Being a kosi knocker, ( dont like him at all)
yes he played really well tonight.....about bloody time i say..... well done mate.
I know its dangerous to single out individual highlights but there was a late mark to 23 when he led like a bull at a gate and took a chester at absolute top throttle. It's the Koz I like to see. So too the physicality. It'll get him in trouble sometimes, but I like seeing it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Yep well done to Kosi...and not just on his 3 goals...thought he competed well and could have had a couple of marks in front of goal in the last qtr. Hit the packs harder tonight and backed himself in the packs instead of assuming Roo had right of way.

Peake was also good in the last qtr - getting tougher each week!

Nee!
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Yep well done to Kosi...and not just on his 3 goals...thought he competed well and could have had a couple of marks in front of goal in the last qtr. Hit the packs harder tonight and backed himself in the packs instead of assuming Roo had right of way.

Peake was also good in the last qtr - getting tougher each week!
I agree

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Yeah Kosi played good for 1 quarter after that he went missing

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Yeah Kosi played good for 1 quarter after that he went missing
No he didn't.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Massive game.

Win, lose or draw with 5 mins to go I was very pleased by HOW we went about it.

+ves: Roo improving, kosi finding the pill- he seemed to get loose at time which was great, midfield was great, despite 5 goals against him-dawson was good including the spoil he made that was awarded a free kick, dempster did some nice things

-ves: Runner infrindgement. Gilbo had a quiet one. Would love an uninjured armo in for McQ or Peake, Steven to improve his disposal at times too. Gram to look for a target.

Finna
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:Yeah Kosi played good for 1 quarter after that he went missing
Milnes goal at the front of the pack in the third was a direct result of kosi at the contest. What should have been a hawks mark was then a goal to us.

Very good game.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......