Joey's "Slip" !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Went and checked my tyres after the game.
I would hate my Toyota RAV4 to slip around like that sign.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
golden hawk
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
saint vince wrote:How about the players wear screw in boots.
Only works if the surface is consistent right across the ground. And it's not.

Also, you tend to pull up a bit more sore in the legs with screw in stops.
have seen how players pull up after a game at the dome whether slipping or not they are sore as everytime

one of our guys changed boots at half time slipped no matter what type base they had just proves that the comment that the afl or who ever it was said about players having the wrong type boots on is wrong it IS their surface that is crap and is nothing to do with boot types

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 10rsu.html

it seems the AFLPA are finally standing up to crapihad stadium.

Throw in Lenny's careful statements on the radio this afternoon where he suggested it may not be up to scratch.

If games are moved from crapihad it will be another financial hemorrhage for collo, which i fully endorse!

I care nothing for collo, or the stadium, merely st kilda.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 10rsu.html

Throw in Lenny's careful statements on the radio this afternoon where he suggested it may not be up to scratch.

If games are moved from crapihad it will be another financial hemorrhage for collo, which i fully endorse!

You probably have some superannuation in that stadium as many would but hey who gives a stuff about them.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

ROFL plugger your defence of incompetence is now 'its ok if a player snaps his knee but don't upset the apple cart because the incompetent oafs who run it might lose money and thus affect your super".

seriously plugger if thats the best defence you have for that pathetic stadium which even our captain has come out and criticized, its a pretty pathetic defence.

the surface at TD is a basket case, and defending that s*** is clearly rubbish

Collo has done a s*** job, the management have done a s*** job, and the surface is s***.

its like saying its ok if hardy's kill people with carcinogenic substances as long as their dividend is ok. I'm pretty sure a fair few had super or investments in hardys.

you seriously have your priorities way off if you advocate letting say lenny snap his knee out there so collo can take home a slightly bigger pay cheque.

you are abrogating corporations from all responsibilities with profit ahead of everything else. what next? its ok to spill poison into our water system because its cheaper than disposing of safely? and what about hte poor shareholders?

Its a badly run venue, its time to own up, and your defence of TD has collapsed if thats the best you can come up with.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 10rsu.html

I think you WAAAAYYYY overstate the power of the AFLPA.

If ever a statement was to summarise its toothlessness, it's this:

"The majority of players have indicated that if we can’t improve on the situation it’s time the matter of the relocation of games be at least canvassed."

ie If things can't be improved we'll stomp our feet and ask the AFL really, really loudly in our biggest, baddest voice: "At least have a think about it..."

Finnis makes me laugh often.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the issue is getting more and more exposure.

Vlad and collo are using their leverage on players now but IMO its only a matter of time before there is legal action or enough pressure to fix that s***.

It was also reported that this year TD has switched to a cheaper grassing surface from 100mm to 40mm, i don't know how true it is, but again more evidence that $$ are being put ahead of players.

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:ROFL plugger your defence of incompetence is now 'its ok if a player snaps his knee but don't upset the apple cart because the incompetent oafs who run it might lose money and thus affect your super".

seriously plugger if thats the best defence you have for that pathetic stadium which even our captain has come out and criticized, its a pretty pathetic defence.

the surface at TD is a basket case, and defending that s*** is clearly rubbish

Collo has done a s*** job, the management have done a s*** job, and the surface is s***.

its like saying its ok if hardy's kill people with carcinogenic substances as long as their dividend is ok. I'm pretty sure a fair few had super or investments in hardys.

you seriously have your priorities way off if you advocate letting say lenny snap his knee out there so collo can take home a slightly bigger pay cheque.

you are abrogating corporations from all responsibilities with profit ahead of everything else. what next? its ok to spill poison into our water system because its cheaper than disposing of safely? and what about hte poor shareholders?

Its a badly run venue, its time to own up, and your defence of TD has collapsed if thats the best you can come up with.
I said the ground was slippery and I also sueing them wasnt the answer. Is that defending the surface. Talk about not actually reading what is written but just hoping it was written.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

No i read what you wrote. Its not just slippery its dangerous, and if they don't fix it up and someone gets injured because of the crap surface the management of TD should pay damages, because they have provided a massively substandard surface.

you've put the value of TD $$ ahead of player safety.

Its pretty clear.

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:No i read what you wrote. Its not just slippery its dangerous.

you've put the value of TD $$ ahead of player safety.

Its pretty clear.
No I didnt say that at all. You said it. How does sueing them help the ground and what or who could sue them at the moment anyway. Its our home gorund. Unless the season is stopped games must be played there. Lets just work with them to try and fix it.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Collo has said there is nothing wrong with the surface repeatedly, in if reports today that he has chose to lower the standard again moving from 100m to 40 mm grassed soil to save costs, not only is he not listening, he has NO regard for the players.

How do you work with someone like that?

suing them, would put the onus on them to repair the situation, because atm the players and the AFL are doing nothing, so collo can do as he pleases.

Like all crooks its not till they are caught or punished that they show remorse to rectify their ways.

by letting him get away with the rubbish he is providing is encouraging him to continue providing rubbish.

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Collo has said there is nothing wrong with the surface repeatedly, in if reports today that he has chose to lower the standard again moving from 100m to 40 mm grassed soil to save costs, not only is he not listening, he has NO regard for the players.

suing them, would put the onus on them to repair the situation, because atm the players and the AFL are doing nothing, so collo can do as he pleases.

Like all crooks its not till they are caught or punished that they show remorse to rectify their ways.

by letting him get away with the rubbish he is providing is encouraging him to continue providing rubbish.
How and what could they be sued for and then how could we play there after that action. It is just immotional rubbish. They had a meeting today an d are going to do some stuff before Friday. Lets see if that works and if it doesnt they will need to try other things unless of course we sue them for slipping over. Laughed out of court.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:Collo has said there is nothing wrong with the surface repeatedly, in if reports today that he has chose to lower the standard again moving from 100m to 40 mm grassed soil to save costs, not only is he not listening, he has NO regard for the players.

How and what could they be sued for and then how could we play there after that action. It is just immotional rubbish. They had a meeting today an d are going to do some stuff before Friday. Lets see if that works and if it doesnt they will need to try other things unless of course we sue them for slipping over. Laughed out of court.
sorry plugger but you are off the rails IMO on this one.

Always defending Etihad, unbelievable, what are you on?

The only reason the AFLPA finally has said something is that the AFL are prepared to go public and bag the surface also due to intense media pressure.

It's all a big crock that it has to come to this, and you know that, don't pretend to be a fool.

HOW in god's name did Collo the fat lying prick ever let the ground get into such a mess before the Hawks game is beyond comprehension.

He is happy to let things get in a total mess, and only then will he attempt to do something.

The prick has history on this going on for years.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

sorry plugger but you are off the rails IMO on this one.

Always defending Etihad, unbelievable, what are you on?

The only reason the AFLPA finally has said something is that the AFL are prepared to go public and bag the surface also due to intense media pressure.

It's all a big crock that it has to come to this, and you know that, don't pretend to be a fool.

HOW in god's name did Collo the fat lying prick ever let the ground get into such a mess before the Hawks game is beyond comprehension.

He is happy to let things get in a total mess, and only then will he attempt to do something.

The prick has history on this going on for years.
I may defend them on some things but not once have I on this thread. Just because i dont think sueing them is the answer really doesnt equate to defending them. The ground was no good Friday and needs to improve quickly.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the ground has been crap for years, and its actually getting worse.

its not going to improve unless the management have a will to improve it.

there is no will to improve it, and that leave's the stick. And clearly you stated monetary value and profits should be put ahead of forcing collo into line.

the stick is the threat of legal action or financial loss (through moving games away from TD) because that is the only way collo will move.

SHUT UP KRIME!