OFFICIAL TEAMS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint4Eva
Club Player

FOR GOD SAKE HOW THE HELL IS MINI IN?!?!?!? HIS GAME ON SUNDAY WAS CRAP AND AL SMITH WAS FANTASTIC!

I JUST DONT GET IT ANYMORE :cry:

noob
Club Player

Yeah me either you think the smart thing to do is put players who are in form at sandy.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:McQualter straight back into the side after a poor Sandy performance? Lynch dropped after only one week? I disagree with those two decisions.
Right with you there. Very disappointed with both moves.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Saint4Eva wrote:FOR GOD SAKE HOW THE HELL IS MINI IN?!?!?!? HIS GAME ON SUNDAY WAS CRAP AND AL SMITH WAS FANTASTIC!

I JUST DONT GET IT ANYMORE :cry:
Haven't you heard of the incriminating photo's he has of Ross?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Who said he was poor at Sandy, I am sure I read some reports on here that said he was quite solid? He is never going to be a flashy player, more a behind the scenes kind of guy....

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:lets be honest. that 22 cant win us a flag.
They only have to beat Port.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

when i see the names "eddy", "mcqualter" and "dempster" in a starting 18 - i know im not looking at a top 4 side.

jeez we need to improve in the next 4 weeks.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 05 Aug 2010 7:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:when i see the names "eddy", "mcqualter" and "dempster" in a starting 22 - i know i'm not looking at a top 4 side.

we need to improve in the next 4 weeks.
Good call, Con.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SaintTom wrote:It looks like CJ, Eddy and Mini in, but I'm very, very surprised Simpkin isn't. More to do with the fact that, why elevate him so soon if he wasn't going to be used this week?
maybe it's simple man management, reward for effort. keep the kid happy by giving him a payrise and letting him know that his efforts are appreciated.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:when i see the names "eddy", "mcqualter" and "dempster" in a starting 22 - i know im not looking at a top 4 side.

Just squint and imagine "Toovey", "Lockyer", "Davis", or "Hunt", "Hawkins", "West", or even "Everitt", "Stack", "Minson"...every teams got 'em. It's how they play within the structure that counts...do their job and I'd be happy to see them (2/3 for 2009) line up for a GF with us.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

once again the merry go round continues with our bottom six
Mini back after one game where from all reports he was solid at best for sandy. Lynch gone after one game, Steven tried and found wanting, Eddy back for the umpteenth time
Surely, surely a couple of these players needs to start showing something that makes us take notice. I hate comparing us with the Pies, but,, Reid, Blair, Dawes, Wellingham, Beams, Sidebottom....they are keeping some pretty handy players out of their side. IMO we are rotating players in and out of the side for the wrong reasons

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:when i see the names "eddy", "mcqualter" and "dempster" in a starting 22 - i know im not looking at a top 4 side.

How do you explain Eddy and Mini being in our best 22 last year, while the Saints were on top of the ladder, and then in our gutsy wins over Collingwood and the Dogs during the finals?

Come on Con, not everyone on the list can be 'superstars'

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:when i see the names "eddy", "mcqualter" and "dempster" in a starting 22 - i know i'm not looking at a top 4 side.

Good call, Con.
Weird call as all of them played in finals last year. Gee I hope Mini has a blinder to shut alot of people up. I honestly believe he is in our best 22 he just needs a great game. Eddy has clearly been added for his pressure (maybe even trying him to fill Bakers role) he was actually playing some good footy before he got injured and Dempster was very good two weeks ago against the Hawks.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Looks like a tackling frenzy has been ordered.

Hope it turns up.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:once again the merry go round continues with our bottom six
Mini back after one game where from all reports he was solid at best for sandy. Lynch gone after one game, Steven tried and found wanting, Eddy back for the umpteenth time
Surely, surely a couple of these players needs to start showing something that makes us take notice. I hate comparing us with the Pies, but,, Reid, Blair, Dawes, Wellingham, Beams, Sidebottom....they are keeping some pretty handy players out of their side. IMO we are rotating players in and out of the side for the wrong reasons
I have no problems with Mini getting a rocket though, he is in our best 22 when firing, just look at the Geelong game. I read that he laid 5 tackles at Sandy, which is what we need above possession getters right now.

Think it would be fair to say that Eddy would have been in to cover Mini had he been available for selection last week, nothing against Lynch of course.

Steven would be ready for a rest, no shame in that....look forward to him returning again soon.
Last edited by SainterK on Thu 05 Aug 2010 7:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:once again the merry go round continues with our bottom six
Surely, surely, a couple of these players need to start showing something that makes us take notice. I hate comparing us with the Pies, but,, Reid, Blair, Dawes, Wellingham, Beams, Sidebottom....they are keeping some pretty handy players out of their side. IMO we are rotating players in and out of the side for the wrong reasons
Exactly. Those at Collingwood are getting games because they're playing well and "deserve" a spot. The last few picked for us seem to be getting picked because they're "the best of a bad lot" and are being picked to make up the numbers. They need to LIFT. LIFT I SAY!

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:

Good call, Con.
Weird call as all of them played in finals last year. Gee I hope Mini has a blinder to shut alot of people up. I honestly believe he is in our best 22 he just needs a great game. Eddy has clearly been added for his pressure (maybe even trying him to fill Bakers role) he was actually playing some good footy before he got injured and Dempster was very good two weeks ago against the Hawks.
We're talking about Mini, Eddy and Dempster of this year, though, not last year. Mini, especially, has gone backwards in a BIG way. We won't carry a bunch of "passengers" and win the flag.

FQF
SS Life Member

one of the most intriguing list of in's i've seen since the start of ross's tenure.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

Just squint and imagine "Toovey", "Lockyer", "Davis", or "Hunt", "Hawkins", "West", or even "Everitt", "Stack", "Minson"...every teams got 'em. It's how they play within the structure that counts...do their job and I'd be happy to see them (2/3 for 2009) line up for a GF with us.
yeah . good call. funny u mentioned it. cos when i wrote the post i squinted and imagined murphy moss suckling and taylor (hawks)

josh hunt is a good player and andrejs everitt is also no bum and he is only in an extended IC. but i see your point.

what i actually meant to write was "starting 18". not "starting 22".

i can live with those 3 guys i mentioned on the the pine or as emg's. but starting 18?

thats a concern. lockyer for instance is only an emg this week.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:

Good call, Con.
We're talking about Mini, Eddy and Dempster of this year, though, not last year. Mini, especially, has gone backwards in a BIG way. We won't carry a bunch of "passengers" and win the flag.
So who should replace them then?

FQF
SS Life Member

This can't be right...

Sandringham Zebras: Round 16 Teams: IN – Lynch, J.Geary, Peake, C.Jones, Steven, Sands, Hutchings, Armitage, McEvoy

OUT – McQualter, Eddy

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Smaller equals better. Port are only playing one ruck. They've got some big bodies in the backline who might not like having smaller guys in their face all game. I'm glad Mini and Eddy are back - even if no one else is.

Looks like the last three named will be the emergencies. Surprised about Miles. Would have thought Smith would make a logical midfield emergency. Perhaps Simplin will play and either Peake or Geary get dropped.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote: what i actually meant to write was "starting 18". not "starting 22".

i can live with those 3 guys i mentioned on the the pine or as emg's. but starting 18?
This comment is more understandable. Although with the interchange used the way it is it really doesn't matter.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:

Good call, Con.
So who should replace them then?
That's exactly my point. We don't seem to have any better options. Hence what I said "they're the best of a bad lot and in there simply to make up the numbers", which is why we're in trouble, unless some/all of them LIFT, in a big way, or someone in the VFL plays some inspired footy for two months.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
degruch wrote:

yeah . good call. funny u mentioned it. cos when i wrote the post i squinted and imagined murphy moss suckling and taylor (hawks)

josh hunt is a good player and andrejs everitt is also no bum and he is only in an extended IC. but i see your point.

what i actually meant to write was "starting 18". not "starting 22".

thats a concern. lockyer for instance is only an emg this week.
See how the young guns at Collingwood go when the pies get challenged though, our team looked pretty amazing when we were flying last year.

It's not like St Kilda applied the blow torch to Collingwood, so we're yet to see how these kids perform under pressure....perhaps Saturday night will say a lot about them?