Luke Miles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:is it just me, ort does it say something about our depth that every time a replacement for an injured player is discussed, talk always seems to turn to someone making his debut.

Is this perhaps not ideal 4 weeks from the finals?
spot on.

It's pathetic really.

We have as much depth as a dry salt lake.

A major worry for the future.

Not only that, all our new players have shown very little.

Come 2013, we will be a bottom 4 side the way it is looking :roll:
thats where we are at. we need to take some risks and hope someone (like simpkin or smith) are one of those rare blokes that just steps up a notch when they they finally get a game (like harry taylor or ben stratton).

but we can't just keep plodding on with the same old merry go around of geary mcqualter dempster eddy steven all just in and out like revolving doors.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 05 Aug 2010 8:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:is it just me, ort does it say something about our depth that every time a replacement for an injured player is discussed, talk always seems to turn to someone making his debut.

I think it is more that we had such a good run with Injuries last year that we didn't need to blood any new players. So this year some players who are coming in to cover injuries and are yet to play may have had 5-10 games under their belt otherwise.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
FQF
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

spot on.

It's pathetic really.

We have as much depth as a dry salt lake.

A major worry for the future.

Not only that, all our new players have shown very little.

Come 2013, we will be a bottom 4 side the way it is looking :roll:
thats where we are at. we need to take some risks and hope someone (like simpkin or smith) are one of those rare blokes that just steps up a notch when they they finally get a game (like harry taylor or ben stratton).

but we can just keep plodding on with the same old merry go around of geary mcqualter dempster eddy steven all just in and out like revolving doors.
not long ago steven was not included in that bunch but was grouped together with armitage as a future star.

one bad game, in a horrible team performance and now he is a plodder...

i think we are being abit too tough on the kid.

after all, he was the guy who snatched the game straight out of geelong's hands only a few weeks ago.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i wasnt saying he was a plodder. hes only 19 or something. and geary and eddy are still only kids also.

im just saying in general. that we are going for a flag in 2010 and we are at a stage where we might needs to take a risk or 2 in the next few weeks. what i mean is - we know what those guys i mentioned are capable of this year. we arent going to learn much in the next month by rotatating them like a magic roundabout. we took a risk with lynch last week. lets not shy way from it and take another couple. if one of smith or simpkin just happen to be a gun we have a win. if not we havent lost much we just go back to our normal pool of fringe players.

FQF
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:i wasnt saying he was a plodder. hes only 19 or something. and geary and eddy are still only kids also.

im just saying in general. that we are going for a flag in 2010 and we are at a stage where we might needs to take a risk or 2 in the next few weeks. what i mean is - we know what those guys i mentioned are capable of this year. we arent going to learn much in the next month by rotatating them like a magic roundabout. we took a risk with lynch last week. lets not shy way from it and take another couple. if one of smith or simpkin just happen to be a gun we have a win. if not we havent lost much we just go back to our normal pool of fringe players.
However... if any one of Lynch Smith Simpkin Heyne or Stanley had a game like Steven had against the Cats, every person on this forum would be thrilled - me included.

The difference is, we know Steven is capable of it, and we have no idea if the others are.

Having said all that, I am all for taking a couple of risks. I think Smith and Simpkin might be able to offer something to the team. I just think Steven has a lot of upside and I'd like to see him persevered with.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

has 4 games changed our mineset ?? i mean we are the same team we were 6weeks ago who were flag favorites 4 bad performances and we are all jumping at shaddows about our depth and blooding guys for the future ?? let me ask you this on the fringes for geelong is not that differant to whats on the fringes of St Kilda .... but you dont see Geelong rushing kids in while they are in flag mode ... froget the last 4 games we are still in flag mode , yes we are in a worse possision then last year and yes we have an uphill battle but we have the players in the best 22 to win the flag this year so im fine with us holding off on the young guys while we charge for that flag ..... honestly i feel we are in a better possision player wise then many teams

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/