The Morons that booed our team @ 90+ points up!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

35...LEGEND
Club Player

IMO booing is BS.

I only watched it..............but I heard it...............haha very amusing.

Are we gonna remember beating Port by 90 or 100 in R19 if we win or lose the GF (if we make it).....................don't think so.

Long way to go,but today was a step in the right direction.

Go SAINTERS

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:Wonder what would have happened at Moorabbin in the 80's
dunno. but we werent up by 90 too often in the 80's so its not something we were in danger of discovering :lol:

SaintDebi
Club Player

Hurricane wrote: As far as im concerned people who boo the side or any player for that matter dont deserve to celebrate the win.

BANG BANG
and I did notice that those same booers were on their feet a few minutes later clapping and cheering and singing the song after the win. Hypocrites.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Darrel Baldock wrote:I didn't boo but please get a balance in here. I wanted them to get to a hundred points too and if there is such a thing and I believe there was this afternoon, it was an affectionate boo from supporters who had a mighty day out that would have been capped off delightfully by the landmark 100 point win. Take it easy, the ground was pretty much full of Saints fans having a good day watching an old fashioned smashing. We just wanted a 100 point win and the booing was lighthearted. By the way, great day from BJ and the Schneids and Lenny gave us what he always gave us. Everything he had. Bit of the old Roo in there also. Go Saints and boo!

Did that make you jump?
The booing was NOT lighthearted

Lighthearted booing is what happens when we kick a swag of goals in a row then someone kickes a point. Its accompanied by laughter.

This was genuine selfish pig-ignorant booing by a group of supporters who have no idea about footy circa-2010 and just want every kick to be a 60m torp up the guts. There was no laughter, just a lot of embarrassed head-shaking from those of us who could see what the team were trying to do.

FFS, imagine if BJ had "done a Michael Barlow" crashing into a contest in the last minute, in an attempt to secure that 100 point win??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
Darrel Baldock wrote:I didn't boo but please get a balance in here. I wanted them to get to a hundred points too and if there is such a thing and I believe there was this afternoon, it was an affectionate boo from supporters who had a mighty day out that would have been capped off delightfully by the landmark 100 point win. Take it easy, the ground was pretty much full of Saints fans having a good day watching an old fashioned smashing. We just wanted a 100 point win and the booing was lighthearted. By the way, great day from BJ and the Schneids and Lenny gave us what he always gave us. Everything he had. Bit of the old Roo in there also. Go Saints and boo!

Did that make you jump?
The booing was NOT lighthearted

Lighthearted booing is what happens when we kick a swag of goals in a row then someone kickes a point. Its accompanied by laughter.

This was genuine selfish pig-ignorant booing by a group of supporters who have no idea about footy circa-2010 and just want every kick to be a 60m torp up the guts. There was no laughter, just a lot of embarrassed head-shaking from those of us who could see what the team were trying to do.

FFS, imagine if BJ had "done a Michael Barlow" crashing into a contest in the last minute, in an attempt to secure that 100 point win??
This.

Where I was sitting, mot opele in the bays around me were booing and abusing the players... I admit I wasn't encouraging the kicking backwards (I kept screaming "Kick it forwards" :lol: ) but I certainly wasn't booing or abusing them like many around me.

Was absolutely disgusting and ruined the atmospehere in the final few minutes when all i could think about was how much I wanted that siren to ring so i could sing the club song - something we haven't been able to do in three weeks)

The only sour thing of yesterday was that final five minutes. Otherwise, was avery enjoyable game, from start to finish.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Disgraceful

Farren's Girl wrote:Of late I have to be honest, I have limited various forums, do to some of the ridiculous comments that so called supporters have made in relation to the boys.

I think the answer to where were they in the 80's, is that since they are band wagon riders who have jumped on, they have no idea of the passion many of us have for the club win, lose or draw.

I get upset when we lose too. However I can honestly say I have never ever booed the Saints. To think we have morons booing at 90 points up, only backs my theory that god help us as a club if we slip down the ladder.

I honestly think our membership would drop in a heart beat and that makes me mad as hell.

I remember standing at Linton Street with a bucket collecting money to keep the club running. My theory is you support no matter where you are on the ladder, of course I want a GF and I want success, but I am a Saint for LIFE :lol:
GO SAINTERS

great post.... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

I think it was more of a sarcastic boo though.

Everyone wants us to win by 100 and I thought it was mightily funny to see us with an open wing and we chose to go backwards. :lol:

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
degruch
Saintsational Legend

I thought the booing was pretty poor, but not as poor as my DT opponents players (NDS, Joey, BJ) racking up about 40 possessions in 3-4 minutes! :x

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

The best part was that when Roo did 'bomb it' down the line, the crowd gave the big bronx cheer - only to see the ball marked quite easily by a Port player.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think all the "booers" also did not note that PA did not want to go down by the 100 point mark.

As it approached their intensity lifted and they flooded back.

Also our players are drilled to play a certain way....and they do. It is what got them to 94 points up...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:The best part was that when Roo did 'bomb it' down the line, the crowd gave the big bronx cheer - only to see the ball marked quite easily by a Port player.
Yes that made me smile too...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I heard booing but it seems no one was booing from Saintsational. Well i was. It was disgusting and i hope never to see that again. I will boo them in the GF if they do that even if we are winning. A disgrace.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I heard booing but it seems no one was booing from Saintsational. Well i was. It was disgusting and i hope never to see that again. I will boo them in the GF if they do that even if we are winning. A disgrace.
I blame Raph/Gwilt/Kosi for not kicking it long/having the shot/spotting up the loose man behind him on the opposite wing 150 metres away.

Oh. And the umpires. They were s***.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I enjoyed upsetting the troglodytes behind me by constantly yelling "kick it backwards" and wildly applauding every time they did it.

Seems to upset one or two of the old farts behind me that, although we were up by 90 points kept yelling out "shocking play Saints"and öh that is terrible"

Do any of these sad arsed bastards ever actually enjoy a game?

The booing was a disgrace and fools doing it can piss off.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Griggsy
SS Life Member

haha i like the % argument, with a draw % doesn't mean anything unless we tie with someone else with a draw which can only be the Pies at this stage it is needless. Not to mention making up 20% is almost impossible at the end of the season.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I was standing on L1 and heard no booing whatsoever! Too much beer ? :shock:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote: Do any of these sad arsed bastards ever actually enjoy a game?
Speaking of the group of 3 who thought we were "disgraceful" and "pathetic" in out 94 pt win, No.

However, they were in especially fine form on Sunday. I think they may have been trying to impress you :)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Beej
Saintsational Legend

We need more of these fans

Mind the language.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Do any of these sad arsed bastards ever actually enjoy a game?
Speaking of the group of 3 who thought we were "disgraceful" and "pathetic" in out 94 pt win, No.

However, they were in especially fine form on Sunday. I think they may have been trying to impress you :)
It clearly worked a treat :P

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor