Pies or Cats? Who do you want?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I don't really care as long as Collingwood and the Preliminary Final opponents flog the living suitcase out of each other.

Often that game is the tougher game and leaves the winner a little flat on Grand Final day.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

i dont want collingwood anywhere near the grand finale.

Saints vs. Geelong.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
mohannair
Club Player

I would say that lets concentrate on the things we can do & get over the PF.
Once job done we will plan for any team who has earned the right to play the GF.

Last year we did not train well during the week off, RL & team may have learned a lot from that & will do the right things this time.

Winmar
Club Player

I want to beat the Dogs or (more likely) the Swans in the prelim! If we got through that I'd be afraid to play either of Geelong or Collingwood to be honest.

jackal
Club Player

If we play the Pies we will win.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:I want to beat the Dogs or (more likely) the Swans in the prelim! If we got through that I'd be afraid to play either of Geelong or Collingwood to be honest.
If get to a GF dont be afraid. No one will beat us.....what we lost in 2009 will be all over the place to remind every saint.

I wont fear anyone at that point. Time for them to feel fear.

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We have to win the PF first.

If our team delivers the required work-rate I would be confident of a win.

If they turn up like it is a foregone conclusion we could get rolled..ie Blues game this year.

If we play the Swans in the PF Roos know s Lyon very well....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
S.A Saint
Club Player

id want to be facing the pies...wouldnt want to face them after our last few encounters as the games could have gone either way...plus with all their grandfinal experience..

pies on the other hand will be in unchartered waters and all the media beat up will be about them (noticed last year how our guys said it was hard to deal with during the week... and i suspect it would be double that for collingwood).. also they dont have as many match winners who can turn the game in 10 or so minute burst as the cats do..our midfield imo is far better than their and this is the match winner right here..

with all the players that would rotate through the midfield i reckon we have a edge over them..

swan v hayes
pendlebury v dal
ball v jones
thomas v monty
johnson v goddard
wellingham (suffered ankle injury) v ray
blair v eddy
sidebottom v peake
beams v gram
didak v schneider
macaffer v dempster

we have a more talented group then them and if we can apply the pressure im certain that a few of their topline players will crumble under that (didak, johnson, thomas in particular)

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The danger of collingwood is their speed these days. They move the ball quickly and that will mean we need to play a style of footy we are not used to. I hope Freo walk into the Grand final Port Adelaide style, where we can beat them by three hundred points, so that an over exited media can start claiming us as one of the greatest teams ever.

saint64
Club Player

If we do meet the Pies and we try to match their speed we will lose. The way we beat them is the way we beat them earlier this year - we lock them down.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Don't care who we meet. We just need to win!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:The danger of collingwood is their speed these days. They move the ball quickly and that will mean we need to play a style of footy we are not used to. I hope Freo walk into the Grand final Port Adelaide style, where we can beat them by three hundred points, so that an over exited media can start claiming us as one of the greatest teams ever.
To be honest I reckon this year has a bit of that kind of feel about it says the little voice in the back of my head.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'