Difference between Dogs & us.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Difference between Dogs & us.

For the Dogs, winning Saturday night is everything, they just want to make a Grand Final because they haven't played in one since 1961, so they have nothing to lose.
For us winning Saturday night is just one of two games we have to win.
Just getting to the GF isn't good enough, this club wants redemption for last year.
This was evident in the pre season final where it meant everything to the Dogs to win something, where we treated it as an over glorified practice match.
The Doggies also want Brad Johnson to have a fairytale ending to a career.
Well, unfortunately we wanted the same for Banger, but got smashed in our prelim two years ago, I hope the Dogs have a similar fate.
Personally nothing against Johnson, he is to them what Harv's was to us, and he was a great and fair player, but reality is that we are the better team than they are, we have a far better chance of knocking off the filth or Cats next week. I'm hoping for a fairly stress free second half Saturday night.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The way I see it, is that the Dogs are like us in 2008.

Pretenders.

They deserve to and should get flogged on Saturday, although player management may result in a close-ish game in the end.

Winning means making the Granny, which is awesome, but seeing the Dogs suffer yet another Prelim loss will nice also :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:The way I see it, is that the Dogs are like us in 2008.

Pretenders.

They deserve and should get flogged on Saturday, although player management may result in a close-ish game in the end.

Winning means making the Granny, which is awesome, but seeing the Dogs suffer yet another Prelim loss will nice also :lol:
Especially after the carry on last year :lol:

saintlee
Club Player

Re: Difference between Dogs & us.

3rd generation saint wrote:so they have nothing to lose.
Don't agree they have nothing to lose, they have as much at stake as we do. The only difference to me, is they are underdogs.....we probably have a bit more pressure on us as we are favourates, but don't think it will be a problem for us...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Pretenders.

They deserve and should get flogged on Saturday, although player management may result in a close-ish game in the end.

should have heard some dogs supporters on SEN last night. They still go on about that free roo got :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
spert
Saintsational Legend

It is annoying how we always have to justify close wins -you win and that's it, no going back. Geelong beat us in the GF last year because they did a little bit extra in the last quarter and cut the influence of a couple of our play makers...people shouldn't go on about frees and missed shots etc., thats footy.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Pretenders.

Last year?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756335

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Pretenders.

Last year?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756335
Their carry on last year after the Prelim loss, plus all the crap we've heard from the Dogs about what a great team they are this year, are reasons alone to smash them. The fact that we have unfinished business on the other side should be inspiration enough to get the job done...you'd hope.

The Dogs have a lot to lose...I highly doubt they'll be top 4 next year.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Any team that had Brad Johnson in it shouldn't be complaining about diving and exaggerating contact.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
Any team that had Brad Johnson in it shouldn't be complaining about diving and exaggerating contact.
Dead set morons.

I hope he gets 15 free kicks just to p15s them off!

They walk amongst us...

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Pretenders.

should have heard some dogs supporters on SEN last night. They still go on about that free roo got :roll:

And yet they win the free kick count and have the better of the umpiring every time I watch or look at stats :shock:

Doesn't stop their constant booing for most of the game

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
Duggie
Club Player

The Dogs have a couple of negatives to overcome, namely niggling injuries and positional weaknesses. So, I am expecting it to be a very physical (possibly spiteful) encounter. It would not be the first time it has happened against them. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

We need to stop Harbrow from rebounding... he seems to get his career high stats against us (something like 40 odd possessions) and we can't afford to let him do that again.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

We are capable of winning the lot. They are not. If they make it through, they will be SMASHED in the GF.

Fortius Quo Fidelius