Please no clash jumper if we win

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JABBER
Club Player

Please no clash jumper if we win

if we go through i want the afl to come with common sense and allow us to play in our trad. jumper and not the white one.

trevor barker
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Play nude for all I care. We hopefully have a GF to win.

JABBER
Club Player

pleas on clash jumper

i would love to see a skins match like the old days

trevor barker
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Win a GF in that jumper and it will cease to be only a "clash" jumper.

It will become that "special" jumper and in 30 years time during that week where all the sides wear the old jumpers which I can't seem to remember the name of, they'll be wearing that one and we will watch with an immense feeling of nostalgia.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Re: pleas on clash jumper

JABBER wrote:i would love to see a skins match like the old days
Yeah if we were watching netball...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
thequarry
Club Player

Beej wrote:Win a GF in that jumper and it will cease to be only a "clash" jumper.

It will become that "special" jumper and in 30 years time during that week where all the sides wear the old jumpers which I can't seem to remember the name of, they'll be wearing that one and we will watch with an immense feeling of nostalgia.
I wonder if they'd maybe incorporate it into the home jumper (i.e. more white and make it closer overall to the original jumper worn from the late 20s to the early 50s that it's based on. Or whatever.).

And I think about what would have happened if we won the 1997 Grand Final wearing the cross jumper - surely they wouldn't have ditched a premiership jumper since then (maybe modernised it), and it would be made as our home jumper?

ttufc7
Club Player

But I would hope that who wears what jumpers will decided by coin toss like they do to determine what rooms each team uses and who wears what colour shorts.

However we all know Eddie and co. will have a massive sook to the AFL about it saying they should get to wear their traditional jumper because they finished on top ect ect ect.

And of course the AFL will cave in because its Collingwood

Of course we need to win tonight first :D

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Club has been pretty clear on this issue.

No clash strips in finals. No alternate strip in finals.

White shorts is as far as we will go.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Club has been pretty clear on this issue.

Wouldnt it be hilarous if we are up by a point with 10 seconds to play and in a panick a backman thinks he spots a Saints player and handballs to him and he goals. No it wouldnt not one little bit but at least we can say we stood up to the AFL and the pies. Lets wear what helps our players play to 100% not what makes a bloody supporter feel better.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigred wrote:Club has been pretty clear on this issue.

Wouldnt it be hilarous if we are up by a point with 10 seconds to play and in a panick a backman thinks he spots a Saints player and handballs to him and he goals. No it wouldnt not one little bit but at least we can say we stood up to the AFL and the pies. Lets wear what helps our players play to 100% not what makes a bloody supporter feel better.
Probably tend to agree here. We can always change for the presentation ceremony remember.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

If Collingfilth wore their TRADITIONAL jumper, the one they wore for over 100 years before switching to their current one in the 2000's, there wouldn't be a problem.

Some say that the wouldn't care if we wore pink with purple spots, skins, etc.
Really? You don't have any passion and pride in the classic, traditional colours that represent great our club?
Really? Nah.. your having us on! I don't believe you. No Dyed in the wool, genuine St kilda person could or would ever suggest such nonsense.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

IF we win tonight and IF we are forced to wear our clash strip next week I wouldn't really mind as long as IF we win we switch into our traditional strip for presentation. Just like Spain in the World Cup.

IF.