Gilbert reported (no confirmation. Think it is alright!)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Gilbert reported (no confirmation. Think it is alright!)

3AW is saying that Gilbert may have been reported for something with Johnno. Stay tuned.
Last edited by sainterinsydney on Sat 18 Sep 2010 11:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

sainterinsydney
Club Player

No confirmation. We should breath easy now.

saintfreddy
Club Player

3AW saying there appears to be nothing in it. Seems no report

awesome_days
Club Player

Nil reports per AFL match report

battye
Saintsational Legend

Is Goddard okay? He hit one of the Dogs players twice in the face, umpire said accidental at the time.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Is Goddard okay? He hit one of the Dogs players twice in the face, umpire said accidental at the time.
Will get looked at, but can't be considered moire than accidental. Player he hit was fine.

Will be assessed, then dropped.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
sainterinsydney
Club Player

Goddard should be alright. It looked like an accident. Considering it is a GF, they won't rub him out.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

At least three Saints are in trouble - Brendon Goddard (doesn't matter what the umpire says, it's the MRP that counts), Nick Dal Santo with a lazy knock to the head of a player bending down to pick up the ball (has a senior Saints player ever played a worse and 100% disinterested game for the club in a final?), and Sam Gilbert (or who ever it was) who was reported by the female goal umpire for an off the ball incident with Johnson, and was notified after three quarter time. I didn't see the incident, and I only saw the second half of the notification (Johnson) by the goal umpire and umpire McBirney.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:At least three Saints are in trouble - Brendon Goddard (doesn't matter what the umpire says, it's the MRP that counts), Nick Dal Santo with a lazy knock to the head of a player bending down to pick up the ball (has a senior Saints player ever played a worse and 100% disinterested game for the club in a final?), and Sam Gilbert (or who ever it was) who was reported by the female goal umpire for an off the ball incident with Johnson, and was notified after three quarter time. I didn't see the incident, and I only saw the second half of the notification (Johnson) by the goal umpire and umpire McBirney.
In trouble?

Pfffft.

Goddard no, Dal Santo got him in the shoulder, Gilbert I can't say.

Nothing severe enough to miss a GF.

Settle petal.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
battye
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:At least three Saints are in trouble - Brendon Goddard (doesn't matter what the umpire says, it's the MRP that counts), Nick Dal Santo with a lazy knock to the head of a player bending down to pick up the ball (has a senior Saints player ever played a worse and 100% disinterested game for the club in a final?), and Sam Gilbert (or who ever it was) who was reported by the female goal umpire for an off the ball incident with Johnson, and was notified after three quarter time. I didn't see the incident, and I only saw the second half of the notification (Johnson) by the goal umpire and umpire McBirney.
Are you serious?

Dal Santo played a great game considering he had no left foot. I'm not sure what the situation with his injury is, but he was down in the rooms due to some hamstring problem for some time - when he came back he was at half speed, couldn't kick on his left foot at all, and still did some fantastic things close-in in the forward line.

Very gutsy performance I thought.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Goddard was only trying to break free from his opponent as he was wrestling with BJ as the ball was heading towards them.

If anything, the umpire should of paid a free to Goddard at the time

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
battye
Saintsational Legend

On SEN a caller just rang, said something about Riewoldt tripping someone in the third quarter?

Didn't see it myself, did anyone else?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

No-one's in trouble...don't panic.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Yep. He did. Reckon MRP would be that brave?

No chance of ever hearing about it again.

Statsman
Club Player

Roo was on the ground and did reach out and trip the Doggies player. The umpire paid the free kick against Roo for a trip. Hopefully that's the end of it.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
degruch
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:On SEN a caller just rang, said something about Riewoldt tripping someone in the third quarter?

Didn't see it myself, did anyone else?
Messed up tackle, not deliberate. He even fessed up to it.

derby Street
Club Player

Dal Santo :shock: where did that bolt of inspired thinking come from - hold on I think I know - just make sure you don't bend over too far in case you make another one :D

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:... I'm not sure what the situation with his injury is, but he was down in the rooms due to some hamstring problem for some time - when he came back he was at half speed, couldn't kick on his left foot at all, and still did some fantastic things close-in in the forward line.

Very gutsy performance I thought.
If he got injured early, then I apologise to him. Continuing to play with a hammy is a bit risky. Maybe he was only cramped. Although if he couldn't kick on his left, could be more of a foot/ankle problem.