Jack Barker

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goody
Club Player

Jack Barker

How much do you reckon the death of a true gentleman and great club supporter had in our good win over the Doggies tonight?
I dont know about you guys, other than last years GF defeat, I'd reckon that this moment in the clubs history would have had some bearing on the players resolve, especially at the start of the 3rd QTR.

Also the terrible moment when Kosi and Roo hit heads/elbows it reminded me of the Terminator movies when Arnies head got smashed and somehow he rewired /reset himself and got up to save the day.

Great day today, I was really worried how we'd come up after the shock and awe of last nights game. I reckon we can do it now and am quitely confident

Go Saints

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I doubt it had any effect at all.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Whether it had an effect or not, it was a fitting way to commemorate the life of a much-loved figure at our club.

Only one thing better though...

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Goody
Club Player

So Plugger, you think that strapping on a black armband in a prelim for a man that gave a lot to this club meant nothing??
You obvoisly dont take emotion, and redemption into what happens out "there".
Ive been to war, played footy till I couldnt and spilled my guts for mates and would do if I could again.
Mate it matters!!!

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Goody wrote:So Plugger, you think that strapping on a black armband in a prelim for a man that gave a lot to this club meant nothing??
You obvoisly dont take emotion, and redemption into what happens out "there".
Ive been to war, played footy till I couldnt and spilled my guts for mates and would do if I could again.
Mate it matters!!!
Why would it take till the third quarter to matter. I dont want to get into even a heated discussion on this but it would not have helped at all IMO as much as we would hope it did.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Actually in the coverage, when Saints were in a huddle at half time, pretty sure I heard Roo say the words Jack Barker...

Can't quite be sure, not often the mic picks up that sort of thing, and surprisingly (or not) the commentators just talked right over it.

Goody
Club Player

Because Plugger at half time I sensed we were in trouble, to rally the boys as the prevoius poster mentioned Roo definatly mentioned/yelled over a few expletives that it $ucking mattered and that we should remember things done by others to get where we are now.

Dont forget the one %ers that are not only done on the field but also off the field

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Goody wrote:Because Plugger at half time I sensed we were in trouble, to rally the boys as the prevoius poster mentioned Roo definatly mentioned/yelled over a few expletives that it $ucking mattered and that we should remember things done by others to get where we are now.

Dont forget the one %ers that are not only done on the field but also off the field
So it only mattered in the second half. We can guess what Rooy said but I will guess if he mentioned it at the start of the third he also did at the start of the match. It lasts a minute. We got on top because we were the better side and eventually we were always going to get on top.