Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Re: trade rumours

Richter wrote:
dragit wrote:
lloyd21 wrote:Think Josh Bruce's manager might have had a visit from Watters & Pelican few weeks back.

Quiet mail is North want Dal Santo I don't want him to go but early draft pick & Daniel Currie from them then McEvoy would be danger of going to Gws for early pick and Adams if cards fall this way.

Pelchen did say unpopular decision was going to be made.
But as you mentioned earlier, North will likely have to use their first pick on McDonald… which could make their second pick around 30 (after FA compo's & priorities)…

Surely we aren't going to trade Dal for pick 30 ? Even if it comes with an average ruckmen.

If Dal leaves, someone has to pay top dollar.
Dal + #60----> North for #30, Currie, #48
McEvoy + #30 -------> GWS for #10, Bruce
Not bad, think North giving up too much, take out pick 48...
GWS interesting, wonder if they would do it?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

At this stage the Saints will be getting picks 3, 21, 37, 55, 73.
North will have 8, 26, 44, 62, 80
GWS will have 1, 9, 19, 35, 53, 71.

We should try and get our hands on pick 9. I would like to get pick 9, Paton, and Bruce from GWS.
It would probably take pick 3, McEvoy, and other player. I think it would be achievable. If GWS get Buddy or Boyd, with Cameron, they would not have a need for Paton.

Kickit
Club Player

maverick wrote:
So make it just Dal for #30. For the sake of this discussion the rest of it is just a complication.
48 isn't worth a great deal and Currie is worth a Rookie pick.

Richter
SS Life Member

Kickit wrote:
maverick wrote:
So make it just Dal for #30. For the sake of this discussion the rest of it is just a complication.
Personally I don't think that Dal for #30 is enough for us. If we can't get a top 20 pick for Dal then we'd need to look at getting something in return that would allow us flexibility in gaining a top 20 pick elsewhere. Hence getting Currie would mean we would look to offload McEvoy for that top pick.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
older saint
SS Life Member

All reports this is not a deep draft so if not getting a to 20 pick for Dal don't trade him - we need someone to teach the kids and also he has reasonable values ( or appears to ) as opposed to some others.

Kickit
Club Player

Richter wrote:
Kickit wrote:
maverick wrote:
Personally I don't think that Dal for #30 is enough for us. If we can't get a top 20 pick for Dal then we'd need to look at getting something in return that would allow us flexibility in gaining a top 20 pick elsewhere. Hence getting Currie would mean we would look to offload McEvoy for that top pick.
I'm not dead set against trading McEvoy, but I don't think securing Currie or not makes a difference to the viability of it.
Delisted from the Swans after 5 years on their list - no senior games. A year in the SAFL in 2012. No senior AFL games. Sorry I get no sense of Yay we have Currie we don't need McEvoy now.
He's worth no more than Rookie pick and I'm not convinced he's the best option.
If we had him he'd probably be behind Hickey and Stanley as a ruck choice.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Would not entertain the idea of Currie unless it was as a rookie spot after getting delisted by North... But in no way is he a sweatener to any deal with North involving Dal...

If McEvoy is moved on (which Im dead against as a big fan of his), at least that'd give us the opportunity to play Rhys as the number 2 ruck, the only position where he has ever slightly showed anything, with Hickey as number one... Otherwise, I'd be looking to palm Rhys off somewhere and keep McEvoy...

ljpoyz
Club Player

Agree re Rhys, he is a second ruck/forward.
Sobraz wrote:Would not entertain the idea of Currie unless it was as a rookie spot after getting delisted by North... But in no way is he a sweatener to any deal with North involving Dal...

If McEvoy is moved on (which Im dead against as a big fan of his), at least that'd give us the opportunity to play Rhys as the number 2 ruck, the only position where he has ever slightly showed anything, with Hickey as number one... Otherwise, I'd be looking to palm Rhys off somewhere and keep McEvoy...

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

The thought of giving away a club legend for a mid or late 2nd round draft pick makes me sick. The message that sends to the younger blokes is all wrong ("gee I wonder which club I will finish my career at"). To consider a deal it would need to be heavily weighted in our favour. Whether that be a first round pick or a later pick with decent player(s). Only then would the younger blokes look at it and go - yeah that was just too good to refuse.

The only reason Dal may want to leave is that he is sick of hearing his name as trade bait - so in other words - we made him want to leave. All the other stuff about playing is a successful team is just a smokescreen. It just sickens me. Its almost Luke Ball all over again.

And some people wonder why other clubs ridicule our culture and treat us with disdain. Clubs with great cultures honour their champs and hold onto them. Once again St Kilda finds a new way to shoot itself in the foot just when it looks like taking a step in the right direction.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Zed - I don't know if Dal is a 'club legend'.

We set the bars pretty low in the AFL sometimes. Every second player is labelled is a 'legend' or a 'superstar'. Lets keep our pants on.

Dal will be 30 next season and has never won a B&F.

Comparison with his peers - Sam Fisher has 2. Lenny has 3. Riewoldt 5. So calling Dal a 'club legend' seems a little OTT .
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 06 Sep 2013 4:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:All reports this is not a deep draft so if not getting a to 20 pick for Dal don't trade him - we need someone to teach the kids and also he has reasonable values ( or appears to ) as opposed to some others.

Sounds fair - Id want a top 20 or equivalent.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:The only reason Dal may want to leave is that he is sick of hearing his name as trade bait - so in other words - we made him want to leave. All the other stuff about playing is a successful team is just a smokescreen.
What? Why? Maybe he does want a last chance at a premiership - would that be so unlikely? He's given the club 12 very good years so he's earned that right.

Bazza1970
Club Player

Con, how many players have played over 250 games in our club's history? He's one of about 10 in 140 years and in a relatively successful era.
That makes him a club legend in my eyes

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bazza1970 wrote:Con, how many players have played over 250 games in our club's history? He's one of about 10 in 140 years and in a relatively successful era.
That makes him a club legend in my eyes
I like Dal and my posting history will support that. IMHO He's been under-rated by Saints fan and not given the love he probably deserved - especially in those 3 years where he was our best player and nearly won a Brownlow and still couldnt win a B & F. Overall I feel he is been under-loved by the Saints who have focused their love intensity on Lenny.

I guess I just find the words 'superstar' and 'legend' get used too much for my liking in the AFL as a whole. The commentators really pump the players up. In the entire world of Soccer (100 countries, dozens of leagues, millions of players) there are 2 'superstars' Messi and Ronaldo - In AFL there are about 20. So i just always bristle at the over-use of some words.

But all Im saying is right here right now looking to the future and not the past I would trade Dal IF he wants to go and IF we get a pick < 20 or equivalent.

I mean why keep a bloke over 30 if his heart is not in it? Just because he played 250 games for us in the past? That kind of logic is known as the Concorde fallacy.

I reckon he will just go through the motions and pick up his pay check if we force him to stay.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Zed wrote:The thought of giving away a club legend for a mid or late 2nd round draft pick makes me sick. The message that sends to the younger blokes is all wrong..........To consider a deal it would need to be heavily weighted in our favour.....

The only reason Dal may want to leave is that he is sick of hearing his name as trade bait - so in other words - we made him want to leave. It just sickens me. Its almost Luke Ball (and Goddard) all over again.....

And some people wonder why other clubs ridicule our culture and treat us with disdain. Clubs with great cultures honour their champs and hold onto them.....
Completely agree. Dal Santo for DP 30 ? Go figure. Saints laughing stock in the footy world IMO. Off course he is a club legend.

Edited your post with Goddard as well - reckon they almost invited him to look elsewhere.

Hold your ground :shock:
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Why does everyone think a ruckman (Big Mac)who can hardly win a ruck contest is worth so much at the trade table, why would a club, with all it's faculties intact, trade for
a player who is not going to beat his opponent regularly.

Funny game football. :shock:

I like the Big Mac, I just don't think he has much trade value..

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Dal for Pick 30 and Delaney?

Does Nth have pick 30?

I like Adams, Treloar, Weller, Buntine, Griffith, Paton, Thomas, Watts and a few others

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Dal for Pick 30 and Delaney?

Does Nth have pick 30?

I like Adams, Treloar, Weller, Buntine, Griffith, Paton, Thomas, Watts and a few others
Which Delaney?
Luke, Cameron or Tony?
I dunno if any of them are any good?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Just to make it clear - Id only trade Dal for a SURE THING.

I think thats where the club stands as well. Pick 30 and a GOP doesnt get it done for me. No way.

rodrocket
Club Player

If Dal wants one last chance to win a premiership and wishes to leave then so be it. If he wishes to stay and help blood the youngsters then he should be retained. Had we been cellar dwellers 3-4 years earlier we would've surely not had the wonderful night we did against Freo. Would Blake and Kosi have been retained if we only won a few games a year? I for one hope to see Dal,Lenny, Joey and Roo retire under the same circumstances. Look after our elite!

noob
Club Player

Nick would be a legend in my eyes if he were to stay. Could possibly be the 5th player to reach the 300 game mark for St.Kilda (Over 1500 players have played at the club)

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

If we trade away pick 3 then we're effing stoopid .

In red white and black from 73
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote:If we trade away pick 3 then we're effing stoopid .
Agreed.
Also, McEvoy is on a long contract isn't he? 1 year into a 5 year deal or so?

Can't exactly see him going anywhere- future captain.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:
Agreed.

I can't see him going anywhere either :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

duckduckduckgoose wrote:
Agreed.

No one is on a 5 year deal.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.